can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

i have full graphical boot process only with onboard gfx (hd 3000) but no qe/ci...

the only correctly displayed part with my Gtx 780 is the first (both apple logo and progress bar), then after a flash of the screen, a black square with progress bar, but no logo, on top of the login windows... :/

i have full graphical boot process only with onboard gfx (hd 3000) but no qe/ci...

the only correctly displayed part with my Gtx 780 is the first (both apple logo and progress bar), then after a flash of the screen, a black square with progress bar, but no logo, on top of the login windows... :/

you are using no modified file boot.efi?

I had similar problems when using the modified boot.efi

Hi,

After fresh install with DP2 then update DP3, second stage logo appear.

Fred

Hi,

So DP3 does not show second stage logo.

My mistake is that update to DP3 did not work correctly.

After fine update to DP3, i loose second stage logo, just like in my real macbook pro. ;) wait DP4

Fred

I think loginuikit.framework (not at my computer right now, I think that's what it's called) is responsible for the second boot logo. I was looking at it with hex fiend the other day and saw some references to bootlogo and progress bar. I believe it should show up under "chosen" in ioreg.

EDIT: It's in LoginUICore and there is BootStyle and IOProgressColorTheme.

I don't know if that's helpful but perhaps it's a lead.

post-969691-0-11988100-1405283784_thumb.png

post-969691-0-58720100-1405283785_thumb.png

post-969691-0-82530600-1405283910_thumb.png

• Like 3

i hav logo on both stages on my mac and hack but my hack does hav a black screen for a few seconds between the two stages, my mac don't

if you try with onboard i'm sure you'll not get that black screen!

I think loginuikit.framework (not at my computer right now, I think that's what it's called) is responsible for the second boot logo. I was looking at it with hex fiend the other day and saw some references to bootlogo and progress bar. I believe it should show up under "chosen" in ioreg.

EDIT: It's in LoginUICore and there is BootStyle and IOProgressColorTheme.

I don't know if that's helpful but perhaps it's a lead.

We've been over this already. It's IOGraphics.kext that displays the second stage apple logo. What you see there is the Apple logo image shown in the upper left corner on the login screen. You can verify this by running the following terminal commands in the Resources directory:

1.) sudo mv apple.png apple.png.backup

2.) sudo cp apple_s4.png apple.png

3.) logout

There you have it. Now it is a grey apple logo instead of the white one.

This may be a Clover/graphics question and not actually related to the boot logo but I here's what I get.  The first photo is the first stage boot and the second photo is the second stage boot.  Anything I can do to fix the graphics in the second stage boot?

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG  attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

Your second stage boot looks like mine and you also have i5 3210m with hd4000 same as mine. This can be fixed by booting in verbose mode, but I hate to see text run in my monitor. So I've done some bin patch to make it think that you boot with verbose mode black boot screen.

I've test on my laptop. Got First stage by using clover to draw logo, and Second stage by using this patch kext.

IOGraphicsFamily.kext.zip

• Like 2

We've been over this already. It's IOGraphics.kext that displays the second stage apple logo. What you see there is the Apple logo image shown in the upper left corner on the login screen. You can verify this by running the following terminal commands in the Resources directory:

1.) sudo mv apple.png apple.png.backup

2.) sudo cp apple_s4.png apple.png

3.) logout

There you have it. Now it is a grey apple logo instead of the white one.

Here's a dumb question, where is iographics.kext? The only one I have loaded for me and the only one I could find is iographicsfamily.kext. I looked inside a bunch of different kexts in the plugins directory but I never saw it.

Your second stage boot looks like mine and you also have i5 3210m with hd4000 same as mine. This can be fixed by booting in verbose mode, but I hate to see text run in my monitor. So I've done some bin patch to make it think that you boot with verbose mode black boot screen.

I've test on my laptop. Got First stage by using clover to draw logo, and Second stage by using this patch kext.

Thanks - works for me on HD5000.

There is still a gap between first and second stages, but both boot stages now show logo.

Here's a dumb question, where is iographics.kext? The only one I have loaded for me and the only one I could find is iographicsfamily.kext. I looked inside a bunch of different kexts in the plugins directory but I never saw it.

Ah sorry. Was in a hurry and forgot tot add the "Family" bits.

Hi there guys, 

i was wondering if someone managed to boot yosemite with the gray background and the apple logo,

or are we stuck with black screen and progress bar only?

Thanks! :)

@JahStorires,

I used Chris1111 Yosemite installer selecting Chameleon boot loader and successfully installed DP1 and now updated to DP3. Once I removed verbose boot, the Hack booted with gray/silver apple logo with black progress line under progress bar. In DP1, the Apple log was off center to the right. Since DP2, the apple logo right on center above progress bar, followed by another progress bar before reaching desktop.  I used AICPU patch and it booted successfully without null after generated SSDT.aml.

That worked great.  Thanks so much.  Funny thing though, with the new Clover version, I get a light gray background with a dark gray apple and a white progress bar in first stage.  In second stage, I get the black background, white apple logo and white progress bar.  I'll keep working at it but your fix took care of my second stage boot distortion.   :)

That worked great.  Thanks so much.  Funny thing though, with the new Clover version, I get a light gray background with a dark gray apple and a white progress bar in first stage.  In second stage, I get the black background, white apple logo and white progress bar.  I'll keep working at it but your fix took care of my second stage boot distortion.   :)

If you're using 2759 or 2760, try adding this to the boot section of your config.plist..

<key>CustomLogo</key>

<string>alternate</string>

• Like 1

If you're using 2759 or 2760, try adding this to the boot section of your config.plist..

<key>CustomLogo</key>

<string>alternate</string>

I was using 2758.  I must not know where the newest versions are because my clover pref pane only has access to 2758.

EDIT: apianti posted this yesterday..

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
   <key>CustomLogo</key>
   <true/> OR <false/> OR <string>Apple/Alternate/Theme/None/Path</string> OR <data>PNG/BMP/ICNS base64 data</data>
</dict>

CustomLogo values:

true - Uses the default boot style, Apple.
false - Disables custom boot logo.
Apple - Use the default gray on gray apple logo.
Alternate - Use the alternate white on black apple logo.
Theme - Use the theme boot screen for entry type - NOT IMPLEMENTED.
None - Use no logo only background color, gray if not specified by custom entry.
Path - A file path to load a custom image from
<data> - A base64 encoded PNG, BMP, or ICNS data.
If no option is specified then only >= 10.10 yosemite will draw the boot screen, so it remains compatible with previous behavior.

• Like 2

Yes, version 2760 worked fine for me.  BTW, the Clover Wiki is already updated to include the info you posted above.  Kudos to the Clover development team for getting on that so quickly and so successfully.