10.4.8 by JaS just posted an hour from the time of this post!

jbardi

322 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say that I have a working SSE2 10.4.8 install pkg now.

KanadaKid has tested it and said everything is working fine.Keep your eye out for the new pkg.

This is just a temp solution until someone can patch the new CoreGraphics for sse2 users.

Just updated using the Installer. I didn't move the file postflight file around before I installed, and now Safari won't start (window will come up and immediately disappear). Same for Software Update.

How can I fix this? I've already tried repairing disk permissions, but that didn't do much.

So...the patch 10.4.8 from KIKO and the patch 10.4.8 from JAS, should we choose which one for apply? Which is better and easy to install for my systems?

My specs like this:

+Gigabyte 8IK1100

+Intel 3.0G 800Hz Prescott

+Kingston 2 X 512 (1GB) DDRAM 400Hz

+ATI X850 XTPE 256MB

+Sound AC '97

Please give me the ideas...

Thanks

Just updated using the Installer. I didn't move the file postflight file around before I installed, and now Safari won't start (window will come up and immediately disappear). Same for Software Update.

How can I fix this? I've already tried repairing disk permissions, but that didn't do much.

boot your os x install dvd and use disk utility to repair the permissions on your installed system,that should do it.

all the postflight does is repair perms and fix smb.

Also the sse2 update is up with the demon,any issues post install you have with sse2 and 10.4.8 can be discussed in Quixos's 10.4.8 sse2 thread here on the forum.

Hi

Just did a re-install of 10.4.6 as usual all went well i then updated my itunes to 7.01 works well next i installed kiko 10.4.8 update but this time round i left out the 10.4.4 foundations.framework after update i repaired permissions and rebooted finally got to desktop replaced open opengl and x1000 kexts from jas 10.4.7 patched them with borisbanov installer everything so far seems to be running very well and itunes works fine

and last night when i installed the kiko update i install the 10.4.4 foundations framworks too and when i tried running the game pangea arcade it wouldnt run except under rosetta but this time i didnt install the foundations framework and pangea works fine now in native dont jnow if its coincidence or something to do with the 10.4.4 foundations im not a programmer so i wouldnt know

Thx

kiko , jas for your very good works

forgot i had to replace this file also libstdc++.6.0.4.dylib

Yep.. I have only one problem using Kikos update. It starts and then when its start to copy aborts with 4%. I tried to repair permissions and restarted update. No go. Now I have turned off my hackintosh and do not know if it will start?! (I had no time left, will try in 5-6 hours). I have downloaded JAS aslo and I hope it will work. Did I miss anything?

greetings

Jas,

Original Installation 10.4.6 - Upgraded to 10.4.7 with your upgrade patch + semjanzas decrypted files - used your 10.4.8 patch to update. Smooth!!!! Everything is working perfectly so far. No glitches. My specs PIV 3.0 (478 socket) Gigabyte MB 81PE1000 G/L based on intel chipset (everything working out of the box). 1.25 of ram, ATI 9550, callisto 008 + AGP Gart = fully working QE/CI and Q2E all working seamlessly after the installation. Will do an xbench to see if anything changed.

Thanks man.

For those upgrading now === restarting takes a while, I thought the computer was frozen and restarted manually but no need for it.

Yep.. I have only one problem using Kikos update. It starts and then when its start to copy aborts with 4%. I tried to repair permissions and restarted update. No go. Now I have turned off my hackintosh and do not know if it will start?! (I had no time left, will try in 5-6 hours). I have downloaded JAS aslo and I hope it will work. Did I miss anything?

greetings

Hi m8

What version of osx are you running whilst trying to update ??

couple questions on this release:

1) does it include r2d2?

2) is it a combo updater like Kiko's or a delta from 10.4.7?

finally, congrats and good work to all involved - you da men! :happymac:

The JaS 10.4.8 update SSE3 isn't there anymore on demonoid. Just a SSE2 update version.

Normal? I looked also on piratebay and didn't find it either

Just search JaS 10.4.8 they will both come up,the sse3 and sse2 updates.

ok, so r2d2 is in there, great stuff.

still looking for an answer on the combo vs delta question.... i suspect its a delta from 10.4.7, judging by the size.

also, does this update include the new multithreaded opengl etc? i think cyclonefr had some success with it?

(EDIT: please dont construe these questions as criticism - the update is still excellent even if the answer is no :))

the update is not the combo update,But colonel installed it over 10.4.5 and has no issues at all.

Opengl I left out.Only because I had some success with the new ati kexts and opengl,when I saw Quake 4 start up with a flash of a red screen,then drop out of range I figured something just wasn't right.and left it out.