[10.9 - Installation Troubleshooting]

ZikPhil

157 posts in this topic

Holla!

Just starting a thread so we can keep track of what works and what doesn't when it comes to installing 10.9 on your PC.

So far, Charmeleon r2243 is a no-go for 10.9 support, it will make you crash on start.

Anything else?

But I noticed that the ESD no longer contains a mach_kernel. Not sure how to work around this.

extract it with pacifist and move it to root on your usb install disk ;)

btw success on GA-G33M DSR2 only with Bootfile from old napalm and FakeSMC (and DSDT from ML ) ;)

ATI 5750 here the modified files for Graphics Card

have fun

it's moved - 0glQmzS.png

Awesome, thanks for that; never would have thought to look there! With that said I can't seem to get into the installer. If I boot -v, it typically freezes after a lot of nonsense about bluetooth and ethernet. After sitting there for about 45 seconds, the system suddenly panics, with what looks to be something to do with HPET. I tried ForceHPET=Yes, but that didn't seem to do anything. I've also tried with various combinations of -v, -x, npci=0x3000, ForceHPET=Yes, and even GraphicsEnabler. It seems that the bootloader doesn't like my systems (one being socket 1366 on X58, the other being socket 1155 on Z77)

This is using the method above, which involves replacing the 'boot' file on the root of the installer after installing Chameleon.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for that; never would have thought to look there! With that said I can't seem to get into the installer. If I boot -v, it typically freezes after a lot of nonsense about bluetooth and ethernet. After sitting there for about 45 seconds, the system suddenly panics, with what looks to be something to do with HPET. I tried ForceHPET=Yes, but that didn't seem to do anything. I've also tried with various combinations of -v, -x, npci=0x3000, ForceHPET=Yes, and even GraphicsEnabler. It seems that the bootloader doesn't like my systems (one being socket 1366 on X58, the other being socket 1155 on Z77)

This is using the method above, which involves replacing the 'boot' file on the root of the installer after installing Chameleon.

what card do you have? I have same problems.... I have 680 4GB....

-f stands for = avoid loading kernel chaches.

Probably you have installed some custom kexts and forgot to run Kext-Utilities or similar to rebuild those for the next boot.

No

Just clean bottable USB... Also now clean installed 10.9 does not want to boot without -f and does not want to start after new reboots... So looks like something in chameleon... For now -f working till update....

I've experienced this as well on my build. -f did the trick, i am thinking the installer makes a kernel cache of it's own for fastest first boot.

Keep in mind that this is a user-modified Charmeleon, all the possible optimization for 10.9 are no where near completion