156 replies to this topic

ZikPhil

ZikPhil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Holla!

Just starting a thread so we can keep track of what works and what doesn't when it comes to installing 10.9 on your PC.

So far, Charmeleon r2243 is a no-go for 10.9 support, it will make you crash on start.

Anything else?

PoisonApple666

PoisonApple666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 132 posts
i can't even get the installer to run!!!

benmacfreak

benmacfreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:OSX86, Windows 7, Linux, all computer shits...
it maybe tomorrow or later they get it to work..keep trying bootloaders. Like chimera, clover, chameleon, XPC.

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.
replace this in the latest chameleon...

Attached Files

• Attached File  boot.zip   138.93KB   1881 downloads

benmacfreak

benmacfreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
i will test it and report my progress

ZikPhil

ZikPhil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

replace this in the latest chameleon...

:wub: Thanks, it worked!

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.
oldnapalm provide the file :)

for to create the usb install is the same process as always, like in lion and mountain lion?

benmacfreak

benmacfreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
be easier if someone made a tutorial how to do it..

golephish

golephish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
It is going to take me 22 minutes, and a CCC backup, but very excited to try and report back soon.

cpukid

cpukid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I'm going to try opening up the ESD and restoring the Base system to a flash drive. But I noticed that the ESD no longer contains a mach_kernel. Not sure how to work around this.

EvgeniX

EvgeniX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I'm going to try opening up the ESD and restoring the Base system to a flash drive. But I noticed that the ESD no longer contains a mach_kernel. Not sure how to work around this.

it's moved - Posted Image

fatez

fatez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
so?

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 221 posts

But I noticed that the ESD no longer contains a mach_kernel. Not sure how to work around this.

extract it with pacifist and move it to root on your usb install disk ;)

btw success on GA-G33M DSR2 only with Bootfile from old napalm and FakeSMC (and DSDT from ML ) ;)

ATI 5750 here the modified files for Graphics Card

have fun

cpukid

cpukid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

it's moved - Posted Image

Awesome, thanks for that; never would have thought to look there! With that said I can't seem to get into the installer. If I boot -v, it typically freezes after a lot of nonsense about bluetooth and ethernet. After sitting there for about 45 seconds, the system suddenly panics, with what looks to be something to do with HPET. I tried ForceHPET=Yes, but that didn't seem to do anything. I've also tried with various combinations of -v, -x, npci=0x3000, ForceHPET=Yes, and even GraphicsEnabler. It seems that the bootloader doesn't like my systems (one being socket 1366 on X58, the other being socket 1155 on Z77)

This is using the method above, which involves replacing the 'boot' file on the root of the installer after installing Chameleon.

EvgeniX

EvgeniX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Awesome, thanks for that; never would have thought to look there! With that said I can't seem to get into the installer. If I boot -v, it typically freezes after a lot of nonsense about bluetooth and ethernet. After sitting there for about 45 seconds, the system suddenly panics, with what looks to be something to do with HPET. I tried ForceHPET=Yes, but that didn't seem to do anything. I've also tried with various combinations of -v, -x, npci=0x3000, ForceHPET=Yes, and even GraphicsEnabler. It seems that the bootloader doesn't like my systems (one being socket 1366 on X58, the other being socket 1155 on Z77)

This is using the method above, which involves replacing the 'boot' file on the root of the installer after installing Chameleon.

what card do you have? I have same problems.... I have 680 4GB....

golephish

golephish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I can't get into installer either... I restored the base system to usb. I can get to the bootloader, but then just spinning gear.

EvgeniX

EvgeniX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
OK finally found problem....

Just use -f and most of problems gone...

But I do not know why.....

Arkanis

Arkanis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
-f stands for = avoid loading kernel chaches.

Probably you have installed some custom kexts and forgot to run Kext-Utilities or similar to rebuild those for the next boot.

EvgeniX

EvgeniX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

-f stands for = avoid loading kernel chaches.

Probably you have installed some custom kexts and forgot to run Kext-Utilities or similar to rebuild those for the next boot.

No

Just clean bottable USB... Also now clean installed 10.9 does not want to boot without -f and does not want to start after new reboots... So looks like something in chameleon... For now -f working till update....

ZikPhil

ZikPhil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I've experienced this as well on my build. -f did the trick, i am thinking the installer makes a kernel cache of it's own for fastest first boot.

Keep in mind that this is a user-modified Charmeleon, all the possible optimization for 10.9 are no where near completion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy