OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm having a very similiar problem, but only with one of my two QUO MBs.

I'm my case the 8GBs are regonized as 4GB as you, but I only can use Bank 1 and 3, as soon as I plug anything on bank 2, the computer is not booting. Seems to be a timing problem, but I can't find whrere is the problem.

If I let the setting to auto, memory is recognized as 1.8k ( DIMMs a re 1.4k), but if I manually set the memory timming to any set (1.8, 1.6 or 1.4 k) computer is not booting under any bank configuration.

The only way to make it work is memory set to auto, two 8GB DIMMs at bank 1 and 3 and my result is 8GB usable memory.

Cheers!

Hello,

I'm my case the 8GBs are regonized as 4GB as you, but I only can use Bank 1 and 3, as soon as I plug anything on bank 2, the computer is not booting. Seems to be a timing problem, but I can't find whrere is the problem.

If I let the setting to auto, memory is recognized as 1.8k ( DIMMs a re 1.4k), but if I manually set the memory timming to any set (1.8, 1.6 or 1.4 k) computer is not booting under any bank configuration.

The only way to make it work is memory set to auto, two 8GB DIMMs at bank 1 and 3 and my result is 8GB usable memory.

Cheers!

Have you enabled XMP Memory Profile in Firmware ?
Hello,

Cheers!

Have you enabled XMP Memory Profile in Firmware ?

Defaults.plist template :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.0.1</string>
    <key>Date</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosDate</key>
        <string>09/17/2018</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM131.88Z.F000.B00.1809171346</string>

<key>EfiVersion</key>
        <string>281.0.0.0.0</string>
        <key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
        <integer>0xE00DE137</integer>
        <key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
        <integer>0xFF1FFF3F</integer>
        <key>ProductId</key>
        <string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
        <key>ProductFamily</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>iMac13,2</string>
        <key>SystemSerial</key>
        <string>InsertYoursHere</string>
        <key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
        <string>InsertYours+5Digits</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    <dict>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>-v</string>
        <key>csr-active-config</key>
        <integer>103</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
        <true/>
        <key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
        <string>$label</string>
        <key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
        <string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
        <key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Edited by IronManJFF

Off topic, sorry guys.

But how are your "New" OS X compatible motherboards going, quite a few years old now

Pity about Ozmosis RIP, She was great while she lasted...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone updated to 10.14.4 ?

Well, I tried to update and always gave me an error (Error_7E7AAA96CA), so I downloaded the installer and did a clean installation without any problem.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-28-at-3.43.40-PM.jpg

Edited by elviejo
completing post

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 7:00 PM, IronManJFF said:

I have assembled a new firmware. I call it XMAX-E (E for Expandable).

I have based it on the XMAS firmware , built into the firmware is APFSDriverLoaded, KernextPatcher and DBounce.

Kernel patches up to 10.14.4 are built into the firmware but can be expended by placing KernextPatcher.plist in /Efi

By default DBounce is disabled until you place DBounce.plist in /Efi (you can use DBounce to Expand the firmware by loading more drivers such as DarBoot or BeepBeep )

Credits go to @cecekpawon for UEFTW, @PMheart for the kernel patches and @alberto21 who's RE-XMAX firmware sparked the idea for me to build this one.

Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-XMAX-E.ROM.zip

I am looking to upgrade to Mojave a little late in the game.  Clicked the link but it seems to have gone dead.  IronManJFF or someone else, can you point me to the file needed for Mojave? As always I am grateful for your help. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying upgrade/install a later version of Mojave. Right now I'm running 10.4. It's working fine. But I have APFS errors and I have a new 500GB SSD that I want to install 10.4.3 (10.4.4 later on if possible).

The problem is, as soon as I boot to a Mojave install USB it goes to a black screen. The same happens if I try to update my running system to any 10.4.x update. When updating i followed the instructions to boot to EFI and exec the update boot.efi.

I have done the 4 finger salute to make sure that the settings are in effect. I am running the 167X-XMAX-E.ROM.

Defaults:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0.1</string>
	<key>Date</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	<key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
		<string>$label</string>
		<key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
		<key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
		<key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
		<true/>
		<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>09/17/2018</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.F000.B00.1809171346</string>
		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>3759006007</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<string>0xFF1FFF3F</string>
		<key>ProductId</key>
		<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
		<key>ProductFamily</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac13,2</string>
		<key>SystemSerial</key>
		<string>XXXX</string>
		<key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
		<string>XXXXX</string>
		<key>SystemSKU</key>
		<string>MD095LL/A</string>
		<key>DisableVoodooHda</key>
		<true/>
		<key>UserInterface</key>
		<true/>
		<key>TimeOut</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>HardwareAddress</key>
		<string>XXXX</string>
		<key>HardwareSignature</key>
		<string>XXXX</string>
		<key>ProcessorSerial</key>
		<string>XXXX</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
	<dict>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-v alcid=1</string>
		<key>csr-active-config</key>
		<integer>103</integer>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Sig is up to date.

Any ideas?

Edited by niXta

23 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

I see you had a GTX960 .. did you just removed it before trying to install ? or was it retired long ago ?

I retired it when moving to mojave.

13 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Are you able to ssh into it ? I mean can you confirm it completes the boot and goes black or gets stuck ?

It does not complete boot when I try to upgrade, immediately black screen and after a reboot, boots back to 10.4.

*activated notifications for faster replies*

Edited by niXta

You need to put the Kernextpatcher.plist attached in EFI/Oz to go with the XMAX-E BIOS, which has the patcher built in, and when you reboot you need to edit the com.apple.boot.plist to add the disable_nvflags=1 option to the kernel options before running the boot.efi in the fsx:\macos Install Data\Locked Files\Boot Files directory. That's what I needed to do to get to 10.14.4 to install. If it still fails, do sudo nvram boot-args and add -v to whatever's there with sudo nvram boot-args="-v" to see what msgs you are getting prior to it stopping.

All items and knowledge courtesy of others more skillful than I.

KernextPatcher.plist

Edited by ntsmkfob

On 5/12/2019 at 12:23 AM, ntsmkfob said:

You need to put the Kernextpatcher.plist attached in EFI/Oz to go with the XMAX-E BIOS, which has the patcher built in, and when you reboot you need to edit the com.apple.boot.plist to add the disable_nvflags=1 option to the kernel options before running the boot.efi in the fsx:\macos Install Data\Locked Files\Boot Files directory. That's what I needed to do to get to 10.14.4 to install. If it still fails, do sudo nvram boot-args and add -v to whatever's there with sudo nvram boot-args="-v" to see what msgs you are getting prior to it stopping.

All items and knowledge courtesy of others more skillful than I.

KernextPatcher.plist

Ok, after trying to upgrade with attached KernextPatcher and disable_nvflags=1 I rebooted and it didn't even post. Instant lock up and black screen.

I got it working again after booting from another drive, getting in to the EFI shell and then booting it from there.

Edit: But still on 14.10...

Edited by niXta

Hi, i've been running this motherboard for quite a long time now with a GTX 970 and before that with a GTX 760. But now i decided to go with a RX 590 because of the mojave drivers.

But when i plugged in the card (hackintosh aside) i can't seem to get output video from the card. The thing is when it boots, it goes straight to windows, but i don't get any video out of the gpu. When i plug my hdmi to my onboard, i get video, but when i try to install the drivers, it says that it doesn't detect any amd graphics card.

I tried plug in the gpu with two different cables, one dedicated for the 6+2pin, and the other one for the 6 pin, but it still does the same. I also tried both pcie slots.

I also tried it in my friends computer and it worked. So i know the gpu works fine and now i'm thinking that the psu may not deliver enough power. As i said i'm running a Seasonic m12ii 620w and my friend is running a evga 600b 80 plus. So, if he can run it with 600w i'm thinking that i should be able to run it with my 620w, right? (I know that it's not exactly like that, but that was my first guess)

I don't know what else to try right now. Any help is really appreciated, thanks.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, IronManJFF said:

If i flash this firm, can i still run windows normally?