OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

On December 15, 2018 at 8:04 PM, alberto21 said:

And also you guys, do you have airplay mirroring working ? if so how did you do ? what is your bios config, version, and gpu  ?

Airplay mirrorring is not available when using Nvidia Web Drivers, a sad thing

On 12/19/2018 at 1:55 PM, IronManJFF said:

Did you clear nvram after placing the Defaults.plist in EFI (in /EFI/Oz) ?

Yes I did, but I also have the same behavior...

I will try this new BIOS just published by Alberto21

Thanks!

Hello,

I still haven't found time to try out Alberto21's BIOS, but with the current Z77MXQUOAOS.H20.167X-XMAX.ROM

And making sure the defaults.plist are on fs0:/Oz

I tried the following

boot with an SSD containing an installed (and working) Mojave OSX = no boot at all (screen just goes to black)*

boot with a USB drive containing the Mojave installer (the same I used to install Mojave on the previous SSD) = no boot at all (screen just goes to black)*

boot with an SSD containing El Capitan = boots but it gets stuck on line "AppleLPC::start - Could not find IOPlatformPlugion driver."

The latest SSD runs perfectly with BIOS Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.ROM with and without defaults file present.

* After hitting return on efi.boot, the screen goes to black and nothing happens, there's nothing going on on background because as I press the start button on the computer it shuts down immediately, no waiting as when something has been loaded.

Note: I have found something interesting when I go back to BIOS MASS, the UEFI doesn't mount the APFS.

Thanks!

Please post your Defaults.plist

BIOS Load Optimized Defaults

3 hours ago, jjrecort said:

Note: I have found something interesting when I go back to BIOS MASS, the UEFI doesn't mount the APFS.

Nothing surprising there 

Edited by IronManJFF

3 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Please post your Defaults.plist

BIOS Load Optimized Defaults

Nothing surprising there 

Thanks, IronManJFF

Here are the defaults.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.0.1</string>
    <key>Date</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosDate</key>
        <string>09/17/2018</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM131.88Z.F000.B00.1809171346</string>
        <key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
        <integer>3759006007</integer>
        <key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
        <integer>4280287039</integer>
        <key>ProductId</key>
        <string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
        <key>ProductFamily</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>iMac13,2</string>
        <key>SystemSerial</key>
        <string>C02JT1EGDNMP</string>
        <key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
        <string>C02JT1EGDNMP456789</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    <dict>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>-v</string>
        <key>csr-active-config</key>
        <integer>103</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
        <true/>
        <key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
        <string>$label</string>
        <key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
        <string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
        <key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
        <string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

ah ah ah (un)lucky you ... I applied Alberto's firmware and I ended up exactly where you are. ..not Alberto's fault... but Apple's APFS.

To confirm that your are in the same boat  ... just disconnect all drives and boot with F12.. if you can boot to UEFI shell ... then you are at the same place I am

At this moment  I just reformatted the drive and will proceed with restore from CCC in a moment

Restore started .. I had to put the offending SSD in a drive dock ... and power the dock ONLY after booting from the secondary drive

Restore ended and back on my feet

Edited by IronManJFF

16 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Sorry for the difficulties, I didn't had any issues of this kind so far. I've plugged only the mac drive on sata0 during the flash with this  default.plist set in the EFI partition, nothing plugged else and followed those procedures : 

I also made successful updates from 10.13.6 to 10.14.1 then 10.14.2.

hope it helps. 

Defaults copie.plist

I think the issue with the drive was pre-existing , flashing the firmware kind of exposed it. If the APFS fsroot tree is messup up there is nothing else to do but reformat the whole thing and restore. Disk Utility was unable to repair.

After restored I tried once again your RE-XMAX and the issue I did get is that my boot order would always be overriden after shutdown. Might be because I have multiple boot drives .. HighSierra, Mojave and Win10...but I saw that you embedded DarBoot into the firmware ...which gives me an idea to only place it in EFI and use it only once to populate the boot entries...will have to study DarBoot a bit.

Well, I'm not much sure that after Darboot has been disabled from EFI that the boot entries will stay populated. But it worth trying, tbh I didn't tried

About APFS, I had this trouble with fstree at a point. it was staying 15min on the boot logo before succeeding. After a SOS from drive utility with the Mojave usb key, it sorted out. But my case was probably less critic than yours.

Edited by alberto21

On 12/23/2018 at 9:07 PM, IronManJFF said:

ah ah ah (un)lucky you ... I applied Alberto's firmware and I ended up exactly where you are. ..not Alberto's fault... but Apple's APFS.

To confirm that your are in the same boat  ... just disconnect all drives and boot with F12.. if you can boot to UEFI shell ... then you are at the same place I am

At this moment  I just reformatted the drive and will proceed with restore from CCC in a moment

Restore started .. I had to put the offending SSD in a drive dock ... and power the dock ONLY after booting from the secondary drive

mmm,.. I'm not that (un)lucky... I'm not having the same behaviour, I must be doing something wrong from the very beginning.

If I physically disconnect all the SSDs, both Alberto's BIOS are not booting to UEFI shell, nothing happens if I keep pressing F12, I only can boot from BIOS (F2) same with both BIOS H3C and H20.

With the Mohave SSD on SATA1 (so FS0 is EFI and FS3 is the APFS partition with Mojave)

Both versions do the same, if I boot pressing F12, I can see the boot options ( Darwin pre-boot, System Boot, and Recovery Boot), none of the 3 works.

As soon as I select one of them and press enter, the screen goes to residual black and stays there forever. (I can see a couple of SSD LED blinkings, that's all)

With the original XMAXX BIOS, happens the same, is just the APFS partitions does not populate automatically on the UEFI boot (F12), so then I have to go manually to system/library/coreservices/boot.efi on FS3, where it happens the same....

At any point, if I reflash with the OLD BIOS Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.RO and plug the SSD with El Capitan, all works fine.

If I least will be able to boot with Alberto's BIOS with EL Capitan, I could try to install Mohave from there... but is not possible also

I don't where I lost it.

Hey Folks! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Edited by jjrecort

On 12/9/2018 at 8:26 AM, IronManJFF said:

Ca a pris 10 jours juste pour savoir que tu as pas de carte graphique dédiée et un i7 et tu comprends pas pourquoi on demande un build signature ?

Je suis pas devin, je suis prêt à t'aider mais faut que tu m'aides à t'aider. Je vais pas chauffer le lait et tenir le biberon

je comprend pas , je suis pas sur le forum du quo motherboard .. si non , 

j ais un motherboard QUO 3g de memoire et j utilise seulement la carte d écran interne 

je cherche un bios pour install Mojave , comme les anciens bios qui fonctionnait très bien comme si on avait un vrais mac 

Je comprends pas

English translation after the original reply ... 

Tu nous fais perdre notre temps. Voici ce qui va arriver ..On va te donner ce que tu cherches pis tu vas disparaître  et on va pas te revoir jusqu'au prochain OS et on va recommencer le manège.

Je sais pas c'est quoi que tu comprends pas dans 'pas de build signature' = 'pas d'aide'.

Si t'es même pas capable de faire ça et de le faire correctemment, tu te démerdes, toute l'info dont tu as besoin existe déjà sur le forum, tu prendras le temps de lire.

C'est dans 'Account Settings' -> 'Signature'

English translation :

You make us waste our time. This is what will happen .. We will give you what you are looking for and then you will disappear and we will not see you again until the next OS and we will start all over again.

I do not know what you do not understand in 'no build signature' = 'no help'. It seems simple enough.
If you're not even able to do that and do it right, you're on your own, all the info you need already exists on the forum, you'll take the time to read it.

To fill in your signature you go in Acount Settings -> Signature

On December 31, 2018 at 2:21 PM, jjrecort said:

I don't where I lost it.

Try this .. XMAX BIOS (the one I provided) ... disconnect all storage .. i mean ALL, no usb stick , no ssd, no drive.

Can you get the UEFI shell  (y/n) ?

Edited by IronManJFF

Finally have some time after Christmas to solve the stuck apple logo at boot with mojave 10.14.1 and 10.14.2 ( By the way Happy New Year to all:P), what I did, disconnect all HDD and reset bios jumping the bios reset in the mobo, install the ROM provided by IronManJFF modified with a OzmosisDefaults.plist with macmini8,1 smbios, also I installed a Radeon RX560 GPU ( don't know if that make some difference ), boot from the installer and voila everything worked flawlessly. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.:thumbsup_anim:

hi can you upload your quo motherboard BIOS PLAES

The bios is the same IronManJFF uploaded a way back the only difference is that I incorporated a macminmi8,1.smbios instead of the regular OzmosisDefaults.plist, here is the one I used (populate the serial and baseboard serial before, use Clover Configuration to obtain yours, Ozmosis Configurator don't have macmini8,1 )OzmosisDefaults.plist.zip