HELP TOPIC - further help in chat.osx86.hu/#legacykernel (IRC)

SL ML AMD APU FX Bulldozer

• Please log in to reply
2248 replies to this topic

garner

garner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
it says kernel cache ignored , a lot of files flash through the screen, and then it reboots , but never boots into osx

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

oh , and with intel it's gonna work?
what the graphics card have to do with the proccesor?

With Intel it works. Nothing to do with the CPU, everything to do with the fact only AMD needs a patched kernel that's not yet stable ;)

it says kernel cache ignored , a lot of files flash through the screen, and then it reboots , but never boots into osx

Use CPU-Z to find out the busratio of your AMD CPU and add it as a flag. I.e.: busratio=15

P.S.: garner, your MBP runs Lion or Mountain Lion?

ADHDMedia

ADHDMedia

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Hey guys. 10.7.5 still running strong for me. Just curious... is there an AMD cpu temp sensor kext somewhere to monitor my temps? Just wondering... never found one before. Thanks guys!

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Enigma 2 - Hackintosh - Apple - Android -XBMC - Dreambox - Linux - CPU Overclocking - Woman - Sk...
http://imageshack.us...493pn.jpg/?sa=0

Retail version os x 10.8.2 ... in verbose mode -v it hangs on error reading driver .. with -x -f it hangs on the apple logo ... any idea anyone ..?
AnV's kernel

AMD A6-4400M
HP Pavilion G6
16 GB Ram
SSD

Wildey1771

Wildey1771

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Networking, Programming, System Building, Helping Others, All OS's. And a fair amount more....
Hi As I need to know the best method of installing OS X on this motherboard and CPU. Hazard 10.6.2 doesn't load the installer it reboots. using ModCD and BootCd (Nawcoms) The Installer loads but no drives appear. I Can Successfully install snow leopard by using Hack OSX Boot CD But I Cannot make the installation boot without the disk. also with the hack osx boot disk I don't have to use and flags. If I should be installing a different version of OS X please tell me and post some instructions or say how I should install. Thanks -Wildey (motherboard is Gigabyte 990fxa ud3 and cpu is fx 8350)

basie

basie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I would like to run a hackintosh but I do not know how to replace a kernel

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Enigma 2 - Hackintosh - Apple - Android -XBMC - Dreambox - Linux - CPU Overclocking - Woman - Sk...
easy fix ..

You should download " Transmac " and configure it for read/write ... restart transmac and you can delete every file you want...
http://www.asy.com/scrtm.htm

and make sure you open transmac as an administrator ... " right click .. open as "

Ejmi

Ejmi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, im trying to install my first hackintosh and need some help

my specs are:

MB: Asus A8N-SLI platinum
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
RAM: 2gb
VGA: ATI Radeon 6670 1024mb
HDD: 200gb IDE

Will it be compatibile with osx?
Which version should i use?
Is it possible to create a bootable flashdisk from windows?

Thanks

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Hi, im trying to install my first hackintosh and need some help

my specs are:

MB: Asus A8N-SLI platinum
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
RAM: 2gb
VGA: ATI Radeon 6670 1024mb
HDD: 200gb IDE

Will it be compatibile with osx?
Which version should i use?
Is it possible to create a bootable flashdisk from windows?

Thanks

1) Yes!
2) Use 10.7.5 (Lion).
3) Only with VMWare or VirtualBox. I'm not quite familiarized with these solutions, sorry.

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

Not your average black guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hello all. I have a quick question. I recently finally got my rig running retail ML 10.8.2, and I was wondering if it would be safe for me to apply the 10.8.3 update via App Store, or would it be best to do a clean installation of 10.8.3. I finally got everything working and setup the way i like it, and I kinda don't wanna {censored} it up. Here are my specs if needed:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 (Rev 1.2)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (Non-Black Edition)
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (4GB x 4)
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC ; Sparkle GeForce 9500GT
Hard Drives: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) ; 500GB (Ubuntu 12.04 x64, OS X Snow Leopard) ; 500GB (OS X Mountian Lion 10.8.2)

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Hello all. I have a quick question. I recently finally got my rig running retail ML 10.8.2, and I was wondering if it would be safe for me to apply the 10.8.3 update via App Store, or would it be best to do a clean installation of 10.8.3. I finally got everything working and setup the way i like it, and I kinda don't wanna {censored} it up. Here are my specs if needed:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 (Rev 1.2)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (Non-Black Edition)
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (4GB x 4)
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC ; Sparkle GeForce 9500GT
Hard Drives: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) ; 500GB (Ubuntu 12.04 x64, OS X Snow Leopard) ; 500GB (OS X Mountian Lion 10.8.2)

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

If you have your custom/patched kexts in /Extra/Extensions and you not renamed the kernel to mach_kernel i guess you can apply any update. Otherwise the kexts and the kernel will be replaced by the stock ones and you'll need to workaround it and apply the fixes again. :rolleyes:

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

If you have your custom/patched kexts in /Extra/Extensions and you not renamed the kernel to mach_kernel i guess you can apply any update. Otherwise the kexts and the kernel will be replaced by the stock ones and you'll need to workaround it and apply the fixes again. :rolleyes:

I figured, just wanted to see if it would cause too many problems before i did it. I guess i'll make a Time Machine backup and try it tomorrow, thank you.

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

I figured, just wanted to see if it would cause too many problems before i did it. I guess i'll make a Time Machine backup and try it tomorrow, thank you.

This is a good way to keep things safe. But you should notice my advice, you just need to worry if, for exemple, your graphics card only work when adding the device/vendor ID to NVGF100Hal kext then you'll need to did it again because it is a standard system kext and it will be replaced by the new ones during the update, but, the same doesn't apply for fakesmc kext since it's not an apple stock kext. In short words, if you've modified any standard system file to make it work then you should worry about doing an update, if you just installed some custom kexts you can go ahead with it. Don't forget the kernel, it's another file that is replaced when updating, so if you're using, lets say, anv_kernel and not mach_kernel as the name of the kernel file you don't need to worry. :rolleyes:

MrApocalypse

MrApocalypse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

This is a good way to keep things safe. But you should notice my advice, you just need to worry if, for exemple, your graphics card only work when adding the device/vendor ID to NVGF100Hal kext then you'll need to did it again because it is a standard system kext and it will be replaced by the new ones during the update, but, the same doesn't apply for fakesmc kext since it's not an apple stock kext. In short words, if you've modified any standard system file to make it work then you should worry about doing an update, if you just installed some custom kexts you can go ahead with it. Don't forget the kernel, it's another file that is replaced when updating, so if you're using, lets say, anv_kernel and not mach_kernel as the name of the kernel file you don't need to worry. :rolleyes:

I know, i didn't have to do much of anything to get my graphics card working, just install the official drivers, delete GeForceGA.plugin and GeForceGLDriver.bundle from S/L/E and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. The typical custom kexts like FakeSMC.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, NullCPUPowerManagment.kext, and VoodooHDA.kext are the only ones that i installed, everything else is unmodified. Also, i know the amd mach_kernel will get replaced, like i said above i just wanted to see if anyone had any problems with updating straight to 10.8.3. I had a bad experience when updating 10.6 to 10.6.8. I've only seen a few people that use AnV's amd kernel on 10.8.3. Just wanted to get some facts before I tried it. Thank you for the tips though, i appreciate it. :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: Suspense was killing me, so I ran the update a few minutes ago, and after re-installing NVidia drivers, VoodooHDA, Chimera bootloader and other special kexts, I am now on 10.8.3. Looking forward to 10.8.4. Thanks to AnV for his AMD kernel!!

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
iFIRE, I do not find this "lspci.kext" nowhere found a this link: http://www.osx86.net...le&id=1643��but it is for Snow Leopard! I do not know if it works in ML 10.8.x.

Here iFIRE:

sudo kextstat | grep AMD
75 2 0xffffff7f80d89000 0x67000 0x67000 com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (8.1.0) <65 10 9 7 5 4 3 1>
76 0 0xffffff7f80df0000 0x1da000 0x1da000 com.apple.kext.AMD7000Controller (8.1.0) <75 65 10 9 5 4 3 1>
83 0 0xffffff7f81074000 0x3b7000 0x3b7000 com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator (1.0.6) <82 66 65 10 7 5 4 3 1>
92 0 0xffffff7f81512000 0x14000 0x14000 com.apple.kext.AMDFramebuffer (8.1.0) <75 65 10 9 7 5 4 3 1>

ioreg | grep ATY
| | | | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000317, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (298 ms), retain 8>
| | | | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000318, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>
| | | | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000319, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
well, your problem is with Framenbuffer, your system load all kexts for your Graphics, but not load Chutoro Pers.,only

ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0,

try update your boot loader for a last version of chameleon

EDIT: POST a full report Darwin Dumper

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

well, your problem is with Framenbuffer, your system load all kexts for your Graphics, but not load Chutoro Pers.,only
ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0,
try update your boot loader for a last version of chameleon

EDIT: POST a full report Darwin Dumper

How do I do it, with what application?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
DarwinDumper

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Is this the file? DarwinDump.htm (4.1 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!olZTgZxL!apMgeikrs5Xfcha7ZSqYrjO59V5I9CPxtpD7dXqaU_k

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • 3,807 posts
post the folder that app generate

well, I look your report and I suggest for you patch your AICPUPM and delete NULLCPUPM, delete sleep enabler.kext and Paragon kexts, if you need share files with win ,make a Partition FAT32, these kexts are problematics, and don't forget you have a machine AMD and it is more dificult for work all 100%, your graphic card is ok QE/CI and full resolution . you can try others smbios models and test your graphics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SL, ML, AMD, APU, FX, Bulldozer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy