HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

so after 10 days of messing around i have had no help, trying to get the 9500gt to work, its ok but choppy and laggy. maybe to do with amd kernel is there anyone who knows how to get the nvidia cards working, be so gratefull

see here details and driver downloads see my [AMD] Working Builds! and download Nvidia Graphics driver

Now it's done, :thumbsup_anim: I forgot that I still have an Intel Hackintosh with Leopard. :wallbash: The installation was a success, now I'm making the adjustments and will report back later :trumpet:

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

I installed again 10.7.2 and added device strings to ATıRadeon5000 and 3000.kexts and QE/CI worked. But now I upgraded 10.7.5 and I'M Using Bronzka RC8 Kernel but QE/CI doesn't work anymore. I replaced these 7 ATIRAdeon kexts again an deleted other ATIRadeon kexts. Still same. No boot problem.

bootflag:

-v arch=ı386 GraphıcsEnabler=Yes npcı=0x2000

hey guys, im using Niresh's AMD Enabled 10.8.2, ive been having troubles, the main thing holding me back seem's to be my graphic's card, which is within the 7000 series, all my other hardware is listed in the compability list and tested builds

I can get it working in virtualbox, not my actual machine, i was wondering, if i install it within virtualbox. would i somehow be able to then update to 10.8.3 inside vbox, and then turn that 10.8.3 vbox version onto a usb and install that on my machine.

since support for my gfx card came with 10.8.3

what exactly do you mean by an empty HDD, like create another virtual hard disk ontop of the 20GB one its already on?, like what i want to do is get all this to a USB so i can restart my pc, press F8, and install Mac OS X

sorry im confused XD

SUCCESS! I have successfully installed a copy of Lion 10.7.5 on my AMD Hackintosh. Working well but with some minor bugs...

1. User interface smooth but not as smooth as MacBook air. The graphics drivers aren't right.

2. Ethernet kexts aren't installed but have found some which will most likely work.

As well as this, I used your kernel theconnactic and it is better than all others because they didn't work in the first place lol :)

And I also used the BOOT USB MAC OS X LION AMD (PC)*CHRIS installer which I found online somewhere and it worked flawlessly!

Thanks for all your help and if anyone wants a more in-depth guide of my way, I will happily send it to you!

Thanks,

Bombowol

• Like 1

No. I mean a real HDD from the host, connected to the guest (VM).

P.S.: You have an empty HDD, right?

well yea, i have 2 1TB WD Hard disks, one used for linux, one for windows. but i have no idea how to get a virtualbox to read other hard disks on my pc whilst in windows

well yea, i have 2 1TB WD Hard disks, one used for linux, one for windows. but i have no idea how to get a virtualbox to read other hard disks on my pc whilst in windows

http://bit.ly/YrYdEj

Now I installed a OS X distro. I can reboot but the keyboard doesn't work.

if you're using PS2 KB, you could try these tricks:

- open /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

- search & remove these 2 lines:

<string>DeviceSelection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSelection</string>

• Like 1

I realized a strange thing about Chameleon:

When I update it, I get KP with i386. But only Chameleon-2.1-r2069 works great.

Is ıs related about this issue:

I installed again 10.7.2 and added device strings to ATıRadeon5000 and 3000.kexts and QE/CI worked. But now I upgraded 10.7.5 and I'M Using Bronzka RC8 Kernel but QE/CI doesn't work anymore. I replaced these 7 ATIRAdeon kexts again an deleted other ATIRadeon kexts. Still same. No boot problem.

bootflag:

-v arch=ı386 GraphıcsEnabler=Yes npcı=0x2000

• Like 1

I realized a strange thing about Chameleon:

When I update it, I get KP with i386. But only Chameleon-2.1-r2069 works great.

I also found an old article said Chameleon had an annoying ‘bug’ which caused a kernel panic when using some non-vanilla kernels

in conjunction with AppleEFIRuntime.kext

and it's been fixed by Kabyl

and maybe only a few version of Chameleon have already patched the bug (e.g. Chameleon-2.1-r2069 )

source: http://chameleon.osx...chameleon/?pg=2

EDIT:

source: http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/fixed-some-issues-with-chameleon-and-some-non-vanilla-kernels

• Like 2

Only some versions has the fix, YaPay, that was what Carol meant. As we can see, r2069 has the fix, so stay with it for a while and research more about the subject. Post in the Chameleon forum here in the Developers Corner, many of its developers are assiduous to that section.

All the best!

• Like 1

@mac_carol,

I didn't get exactly. It's fixed or not, because when I use newest version I got KP, as I said only r2069 works on me.

yup! same here.

I got the AppleEFiRuntime KP when I tried booting with both arch=i386 and Chameleon 2.2

Only some versions has the fix, YaPay, that was what Carol meant. As we can see, r2069 has the fix, so stay with it for a while and research more about the subject. Post in the Chameleon forum here in the Developers Corner, many of its developers are assiduous to that section.

All the best!

@theconnactic,

You have got same Graphics Card with me? How to fix QE/CI under 10.7.5. Any tip would be very appreciable

@mac_carol

Yes I tried almost every configs, it didn't fix the problem unfortunately.

DSDT patch is very hard for me. I don't get, everything works well under 10.7.2 but 10.7.5 makes trouble.

@YaPaY

are you still using the dual-monitor ?

if so, maybe you could try using a single-monitor, with or without a port adapter

e.g. using a vga-to-dvi adapter with AtiConfig=Eulemur

EDIT:

here's a thread which might give you a solution (I dunno :D)

http://bit.ly/Ysr9MC

p.s. sorry for using the url shortener coz the real link is forbidden ;)

For Mountain Lion, is quite simple: just add your device ID in two kexts. Since you're in Lion, i'll link you the same method i used for enabling the HD5450 in 10.7.5: http://www.computersnyou.com/256/2012/03/working-ati-5450-graphics-in-hackintosh-step-by-step/. This will give you QE/CI, but if you want also HDMI audio and wake after sleep, you will have to patch your dsdt. There's lots of good reading about the subject on insanelymac, but i honestly think the best site for getting info about it is www.olarila.com.

All the best!

For Mountain Lion, is quite simple: just add your device ID in two kexts. Since you're in Lion, i'll link you the same method i used for enabling the HD5450 in 10.7.5: http://www.computers...-step-by-step/. This will give you QE/CI, but if you want also HDMI audio and wake after sleep, you will have to patch your dsdt. There's lots of good reading about the subject on insanelymac, but i honestly think the best site for getting info about it is www.olarila.com.

All the best!

@theconnactic,

I wrote already about this method (www.computersnyou.com/..) works with 10.7.2 but doesn't work with 10.7.5

Can I ask you from something? Could you please send your dsdt.aml under works 10.7.5 and Sapphire HD5450 to vcelebi@gmail.com.

many thanks

@YaPaY

are you still using the dual-monitor ?

if so, maybe you could try using a single-monitor, with or without a port adapter

e.g. using a vga-to-dvi adapter with AtiConfig=Eulemur

EDIT:

here's a thread which might give you a solution (I dunno :D)

http://bit.ly/Ysr9MC

p.s. sorry for using the url shortener coz the real link is forbidden ;)

Thanks mac_carol,

Yes I'm still using dual monitor and I'm tired the test AtiConfigs (it not so funny) :)

I think I should patch dsdt because I need HDMI Audio and Wake up sleep.

I think I should do that: http://bit.ly/YsubAg

right?

Edit: convert link to short link

Edited by YaPaY

P.S.: But when i bought the HD5450, not so long ago, when my G210 started to crash frequently, i already had 10.7.5 on my rig and used the method i linked: i guarantee it works with 10.7.5 by first hand experience. You are either using the files the author of the method linked (never do that!) or are using the device ID the author of the method used, which isn't necessarily the same of your card! Mine, for instance, is 0x68F91002: check yours and inject it correctly. Rebuild caches afterwards and boot with -f.

All the best!

• Like 1