[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

Forget it. Native CPU power management is not compatible with AMD CPUs. So even if the MSR register turns out to be locked, unlocking it would serve no purpose.

thanks for your fast response, Gringo Vermelho :wink_anim:

Happy new year everyone.

The good: PMPatch 0.5.14 working fine on Asus P8C-WS Bios 3402, PowerManagement module at 0040DAF8 patched.

The bad: AFUDOS 3.5.0.2 using /GAN switch flashes patched file, no problem. PowerManagement remains untouched though.

The solution: anyone? 

;-)

Nope. Your SPI chip(s) are not soldered to MB, but inserted in DIP-sockets and can be easily ejected.

Click a ling to BIOS hotswap guide in my signature, there is a picture of SPI chip in socket there.

Hi CodeRush! :-)

I have the same Problem with AMI Aptio Bios... On UX301LA...

If you have time, will be very nice if you can Unlock it.

Here are my Files:

oilrec.de/UX301LA.rar (RE-Everything Report + Website Bios)

oilrec.de/ux301rom.rar (Readed out from Laptop Bios)

Thank you very very much!

AREOS, here is your patched BIOS file, made in OS X using UEFITool 0.13.0. Hope it works. :)

attachicon.gifpmbios.bin.zip

Thanks man I will try it as soon as I can.

Edit:

It works!! Thanks now I can boot with vanilla kernel on my ASUS G750JX!! This is grest

Thank you

• Like 1

Hello ppl, I have a Z77-A board without USB Flash back, and I was trying to flash a modded rom extracted from the pmpatch, but on EZFlash2 I get security verification error, and on FTK I get write protection error, I have not use any other way... 

I´m not sure if maybe flashroom will work, since this motherboard was released about 6 months ago. 

Current Bios : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/Z77-A/Z77-A-ASUS-0701.zip (original) 

First Released Bios is : Z77-A BIOS VER. 0402

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z77A/#support

Can someone help me out to flash this a patched one... Thank you

TsubakiSama, have you even tried to use PMPatch before asking me to do it for you? Your board has no USB support, it's useless to patch that BIOS file - you couldn't flash it. Read the FAQ section about flashing modified BIOS on ASUS boards without UBF, please.    

I tried to patch my HP 8570p BIOS (QM77). Does this look ok?

Tests-MacBook-Air:~ test$ /Users/test/Downloads/PMPatch /Users/test/Desktop/68ICF\ Ver.\ F.45/68ICF/Rom.bin /Users/test/Desktop/68ICF\ Ver.\ F.45/68ICF/Rom0xE2.bin
PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi modules not found.
AMI nest modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 00D2EB50 patched.
Phoenix nest module at 00030048 patched.
CpuPei modules not found.
Output file generated.
Tests-MacBook-Air:~ test$ 

Any tips on flashing it, should it flash it on Windows with HPQFlash utility or with some third party tool? Also anyone know what happens when BIOS flashing goes bad on HP laptops, can you retry to flash it again or do I need to buy a new mobo if that happens?

Coderush was referring to the pmpatch FAQ in the first post.

About using afudos, there's plenty of help if you simply google afudos, even youtube videos.

First thing to do is create a bootable DOS flash drive and copy afudos and the bios file to it. Do this from Windows, or from Windows in a virtual machine on your hack.

There are plenty of free tools designed specifically for the purpose of making a bootable DOS flash drive.

One some motherboards you may need to enable legacy USB support in the BIOS in order to be able to boot from a USB flash drive.

Done using AFUDOS, I was able to backup my current bios ver 0701. then I used PMPatch to it and found the module ect.., and then I flashed using the afudos patched.bin /gan. It said. 

Readind flash.........DONE

- ME Data Size Checking . ok

Erasing All Block.....DONE

Updating All Block.....DONE

Verifying All Block.....DONE

But when I reboot, re-backup my current bios, and use PMPatch again it tells me Power Module patched at XXXXX location... So I guess something is wrong... 

Edit:

I was able to downgrade to 0402 Bios. However, I was not able to upgrade to 0701 Patched, afudos said something about security check missing... and again using the GAN method, seems to leave untouched the Power Management part because everytime I re-backup my patched bios PMPatch tells me it needs to be patched.

Things tried :

afudos PATCHED_CAP /gan method (success but powermanagement is untouched)

afudos backup (success) using : afudos BACKUP.CAP /o

pmpatch (success) using: pmpatch BACKUP.CAP NEWFILE.CAP 

afudos downgrade (success from 0701 to 0402) using : afudos CAP /p /b /n /k

afudos PATCHED_CAP (fails: working with bios version 0402 to 0701 and 0402) using : afudos PATCHED_CAP