[UEFIPatch] UEFI patching utility

CodeRush
1,981 posts in this topic

Hello CodeRush,

It bricked my laptop... I followed post 772...

It started nice, suddenly the laptop was off. I waited a few more minutes and tried to switch it on.

No response at all........ ;-(((

Any sugestions?

Thanks....

{censored}.

Now you need hardware SPI programmer to dump your current BIOS, make new working image from that dump and then flash it back.

Because it's a laptop and SPI chip is soldered to the board, you also need to desolder and resolder it. 

I will add a warning to the FAQ.

If you have a non-ended warranty - just use it now.

• Like 1

Hi..

I think you don't need to patch this mb to install mavericks...if is this what you intend...but,let's wait for others opinions..

I patched mine  asrock h87  with post #772 and around..

c.frio

• Like 1

yes, there's a dos version too, but to edit the dump from dos is pain ;)

even I don't suggest to unlock SMM, as it's a security feature

Hi, my primary interest is to enable NVRAM write capabilities on my MSI Z77-G45 board, the bios is this one: http://download7.msi.com/download_files/bos_exe/7752v2B.zip

I don't understand completely which bytes are responsible for the NVRAM lock. The SMI Lock seems to be disabled but I cannot write to nvram. Is it the BIOS Interface Lock?

Hi, my primary interest is to enable NVRAM write capabilities on my MSI Z77-G45 board, the bios is this one: http://download7.msi.com/download_files/bos_exe/7752v2B.zip

I don't understand completely which bytes are responsible for the NVRAM lock. The SMI Lock seems to be disabled but I cannot write to nvram. Is it the BIOS Interface Lock?

FranticJohny,

I'm aware of the NVRAM write problems on some boards, same here on my ASUS P8Z77V-LX,

but before I owned a GA-Z77-D3H where NVRAM write was enabled.

A SCE NVRAM-Dump from such a board would be useful to compare what's the difference!

best regards

Hey guys, so I've tried everything possible to patch the bios on my motherboard (MSI 990FXA-GD65) and PMPatch doesn't seem to like it. Can anybody help me out or patch my bios for me?

I was able to create a backup of my bios using the method from #772, but it still was unpatchable. Here's the link to my bios: http://us.msi.com/service/download/bios-22418.html

Thanks in advance.

FranticJohny,

I'm aware of the NVRAM write problems on some boards, same here on my ASUS P8Z77V-LX,

A SCE NVRAM-Dump from such a board would be useful to compare what's the difference!

best regards

Unfortunately I had no success with SCEWIN on my Win8.1 UEFI system. The binary file doesn't execute, there is an error of Loading DeviceDriver. I found out, for my board there is a utility from MSI where SCEWIN is also integrated, but with the same error.

Could you upload your linux version then I will dump from a live distro.

I remember there is a bios version where I have nvram write support, but there is no Windows 8 Mode and no possibility to disable CSM. I could flash the old bios to compare with the new one... If you know where to look? Guess there are quite a lot changes with GOP and secure boot etc.

Unfortunately I had no success with SCEWIN on my Win8.1 UEFI system. The binary file doesn't execute, there is an error of Loading DeviceDriver. I found out, for my board there is a utility from MSI where SCEWIN is also integrated, but with the same error.

Could you upload your linux version then I will dump from a live distro.

I remember there is a bios version where I have nvram write support, but there is no Windows 8 Mode and no possibility to disable CSM. I could flash the old bios to compare with the new one... If you know where to look? Guess there are quite a lot changes with GOP and secure boot etc.

FranticJohny,

best regards

With my X79, BIOS 3305 was the last to have writable NVRAM. If I were to use sce to dump the NVRAM from my current BIOS and 3305 could that help figuring out how to remove the NVRAM lock?

Have someone test the Acer Aspire V3-771G Bios ? And is it Possible to patch it ?

PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 003536DE not patched: Unknown error.

AMI nest modules not found.
Trying to apply patch #1
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 00033BB2 not patched: Unknown
 module state.
Nested PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002324B0 patched.
Nested SmmPlatform module at 00033B8E not patched: Unknown module state.
Nested SmmPlatform module at 00241AE8 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Phoenix nest module at 000303D8 patched.
CpuPei modules not found.
Output file generated.

I tested the Outputfile but it doest flash the bios, at the beginning i am getting an error

Using Uefi Bios Version 2.23 from Acer

Asus Z87-WS BIOS 1302

PMPatch 0.5.14
PowerManagement modules not found.
PowerMgmtDxe/PowerManagement2.efi module at 002B8BD8 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00670E20 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
CpuPei module at 00770E20 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.

CodeRush, I tried patch my bios but I cant. You can patch for me. Please. Thanks

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_IV_Extreme/Rampage-IV-Extreme-ASUS-4802.zip

If you don't wanna wait » coderush explained manual unlock X79 PM « a few days ago.

Hm, I checked the modules but did not find one of the patterns:

C:\Users\SEO\Desktop\DUMP>sfk hexfind -pat "/0FBA6C24380F/" -dir .
[total hits/matching patterns/non-matching patterns]
613 files checked, 0 files matched.

C:\Users\SEO\Desktop\DUMP>sfk hexfind -pat "/75080fbae80f89442430/" -dir .
[total hits/matching patterns/non-matching patterns]
613 files checked, 0 files matched.

Sorry!

8C783970-F02A-4A4D-AF09-8797A51EEC8D_1_652.ROM.dasm.zip

8C783970-F02A-4A4D-AF09-8797A51EEC8D.zip

I've got reports that new BIOSes for Asrock Z77 boards have "Unlock C-State MSR" option, and there is no need to use PMPatch there.

ASUS, please implement this too, i'm tired of this project already. :D

stinga11, are you sure this BIOS is locked?

I can't find the locking code in PowerManagement.ffs, it may be in CpuPei.ffs, but I have very poor internet connection to download the whole BIOS image.

Will try to find it a bit later.

• Like 3