Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,809 posts in this topic

Did that, now getting this:

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/X64/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/X64/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64, GCC48, RELEASE]

- Failed -

May be you mix GloverGrower with other technology?

GCC48 introduced by STLVNUB in his GloverGrower and so there must be a script to compile gcc-4.8.x and script to correct common ebuild.sh.

I am still using GCC47 and it is default compiler for scripts buildgcc.sh and ebuild.sh .

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Mavericks, ML is fine, i can boot it with Clover. 

With Mavericks, it just hangs at, see screenshot.

Any suggestions? 

Many people installed Mavericks with Clover having no problems.

Did you use revision 1888 or something else?

Hello people!

I moved from Chameleon to Clover less than two weeks ago, looks like everything is working fine, but I cannot overcome a very simple problem: the USB keyboard (in clover menu) doesn't work, at all.

Clover is running on an old P5Q-E, with BIOS, not EFI (it shows something like "boot:/boot 7..." during startup, "7" should be legacy mode, right?), from the pkg installer I've selected the UsbMouseDxe driver, and the USB mouse seems working (pointer movements are a little clumsy, compared to Clover on a EFI board, but well, better than nothing :) ), but the USB keyboard doesn't work at all:

during Clover startup, the Numlock turns on, then off, and when the Clover menu is loaded, there's no input available from keyboard, I can only use the mouse.

I tried poking around with USBLegacy options in bios, tried moving the USB cable into different USB ports, tried more than one keyboard, no luck until now.

The keyboard is a generic Microsoft DMK 3000 USB, but I suppose that's not the matter, I also tried some Logitech, without any luck.

The only way to get keyboard input is to connect an old PS/2 keyboard, but keeping two keyboards at once only for Clover doesn't sound as a reasonable solution :)

Any help would be really appreciated, if you need debug info or whatever just ask me.

Thank you very much!

Many people installed Mavericks with Clover having no problems.

Did you use revision 1888 or something else?

Consider me the exception, i'm not the only 1 with this issue. See             #1898            

Any suggestion is welcome. It boots fine with Chameleon, but i would not want to revert to it. 

I attached a screenshot of the drivers, without those, i can not boot OS X, well, if i remove some, the boot time will increase by 2 min or so.

I even started playing with my bios options, it's unlocked, but it did not make a difference. 

Thanks in advance.

I recently build a new PC with a GA-z77m-dh3-mvp MB, I5-3570K CPU. After migrated to Clover Bootloader, the memory speed of shows not correct. I got 4GB*2 DDR3-1600 Mem but it shows 8GB 1868 Mhz RAM. And the CPU info also is wrong. I got a I5-3570k Cpu and the bus speed seems also not right. Is clover not clever enough to identify my Mem? I have already tried 3 SMBIOS settings with config.plist a configuration setting Doc of Clover. It seems Clover is not stable also. How can I help file the bug?
Here is what the about this apple shows here. Seems to be overclocked.
I used four efi drivers in Drivers64UEFI shows below. I don`t know what the OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi does. Buy the way I used the config.plist below. The macmini EFI firmware update and the thunderbolt update keeps showing any idea to prevent that? I used the Macmini6,2 model. I fixed the sleep issue with some modification with DSDT but the power off stops working can you shed some light? Below I attaches with my config.plist file, Darwindump file and the DSDT file I`m using. I have not added HPET IRQs yet. Is that necessary?

post-216278-0-53888100-1372341159.png

post-216278-0-53504700-1372341176.png

darwin dump log.zip

dsdt_A.dsl.zip

I tried the latest Clover revision (R1902) after building it with CloverGrowerPro.

I must say I really like the memory override (allows fine grained control and vendor override in SMBios section, more info, see projectosx).

The result is in the screenshot below.

I also uploaded the built package to DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hve3sy52cnnwe91/Clover_v2_r1902.pkg.zip?m

Great work guys. :D

post-100023-0-00929300-1372344476_thumb.png

Hello people!

I moved from Chameleon to Clover less than two weeks ago, looks like everything is working fine, but I cannot overcome a very simple problem: the USB keyboard (in clover menu) doesn't work, at all.

Clover is running on an old P5Q-E, with BIOS, not EFI (it shows something like "boot:/boot 7..." during startup, "7" should be legacy mode, right?), from the pkg installer I've selected the UsbMouseDxe driver, and the USB mouse seems working (pointer movements are a little clumsy, compared to Clover on a EFI board, but well, better than nothing :) ), but the USB keyboard doesn't work at all:

during Clover startup, the Numlock turns on, then off, and when the Clover menu is loaded, there's no input available from keyboard, I can only use the mouse.

I tried poking around with USBLegacy options in bios, tried moving the USB cable into different USB ports, tried more than one keyboard, no luck until now.

The keyboard is a generic Microsoft DMK 3000 USB, but I suppose that's not the matter, I also tried some Logitech, without any luck.

The only way to get keyboard input is to connect an old PS/2 keyboard, but keeping two keyboards at once only for Clover doesn't sound as a reasonable solution :)

Any help would be really appreciated, if you need debug info or whatever just ask me.

Thank you very much!

Any hint? :(

The keyboard is driving me crazy :wallbash: 

Any hint? :(

The keyboard is driving me crazy :wallbash:

Set Legacy USB True. Check latest revision of Clover. -> you must see keyboard in Clover GUI.

Set 

<key>PCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>USBInjection</key>
		<true/>
		<key>USBFixOwnership</key>
		<true/>
		<key>InjectClockID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

To have working keyboard and mouse in OSX.

I am using USB keyboard Genius KB-M220 and USB mouse Logitech M100. Working fine everywhere.

As well as iMac aluminum keyboard.

Set Legacy USB True. Check latest revision of Clover. -> you must see keyboard in Clover GUI.

Set 

<key>PCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>USBInjection</key>
		<true/>
		<key>USBFixOwnership</key>
		<true/>
		<key>InjectClockID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

To have working keyboard and mouse in OSX.

I am using USB keyboard Genius KB-M220 and USB mouse Logitech M100. Working fine everywhere.

As well as iMac aluminum keyboard.

Hi Slice, thank you for you reply!

I upgraded Clover to r1902, I turned on "Legacy USB" in my bios, but nothing changed, under Clover GUI, the keyboard is still not functioning :(

I probably forgot to say, this only happens in Clover menu: under OSX, the USB keyboard is working as expected (I already have those keys set to "true" in my config.plist), but under Clover menu, my only option to interact with Clover GUI is to plug a PS/2 keyboard before booting my machine.

Don't know if this might be useful, but during the Clover startup (after boot:/boot 7...), the Numlock light goes on for a while, then it turns off, and when the Clover GUI finally pop up, there's no input available from the USB keyboard.

My mem speed was detected by Clover Bootloader shows 1866 Mhz. Is this normal? I used mem override introduced by a apentia from ProjectOSX to changed it to 1600 Mhz. I got Nanya PC-12800 DDR3-1600 mem which supports XMP 1.2. It has XMP 1866 Mhz profile. Will the override block the 1866 Mhz XMP profile?

DarwinDump info about my Mem shows below.

0:286  0:000  ScanSPD() start
0:286  0:000  SMBus CmdReg: 0x1
0:286  0:000  Scanning SMBus [8086:1E22], mmio: 0xF7E15004, ioport: 0xF040, hostc: 0x1
0:313  0:027  SPD[2]: Type 11 @0x52 
0:322  0:008  Using XMP Profile2, dropping previous frequency 1600MHz
0:322  0:000  DDR speed 1866MHz 
0:322  0:000  Slot: 2 Type 24 4096MB 1866MHz Vendor=Nanya Technology PartNo=M2X4G64CB8HG9N-DG SerialNo=09030005000A0402 
0:336  0:014  SPD[3]: Type 11 @0x53 
0:344  0:008  Using XMP Profile2, dropping previous frequency 1600MHz
0:344  0:000  DDR speed 1866MHz 
0:344  0:000  Slot: 3 Type 24 4096MB 1866MHz Vendor=Nanya Technology PartNo=M2X4G64CB8HG9N-DG SerialNo=0C0B0005000A0405 
0:472  0:127  ScanSPD() end
0:472  0:000  Calibrated TSC frequency =3403814640 =3403MHz

Is there any other settings in BIOS related to USB and related to keyboard?

Other than Legacy Mode, nothing I could think of.

These are all the options available in my bios:

250jehu.jpg

Tried every combination, but got nothing, in Clover GUI only the mouse works (I installed UsbMouseDxe, no problems with the mouse so far).

Does keyboard work in BIOS?

Yes it does, (like the screenshot, it detects "1 Keyboard, 1 Mouse", even during the POST messages).

I have a similar problem with Asus P5E, but only using wireless keyboard. Wired USB keyboard works fine in Clover menu.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=28585

My BIOS USB options are the same as madmodmike, I tried everything with no luck.

If I connect the same USB dongle on my Asus N53JQ laptop, keyboard works in Clover menu.

Ok, update:

I had another USB keyboard around, but wireless with a common "dongle" for both keyboard and mouse, it's a Wireless Media Desktop 1000 (this is a Microsoft keyboard too, like the Wired DMK 3000 I'm using right now) with the Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1, this large thing here:

ZHA-00001-R.jpg

I plugged the USB receiver on the front USB ports (no hub, they're directly wired to the internal motherboard USB headers), rebooted, and...

IT WORKS..

I left both my wired and wireless keyboard connected, here's the final status:

*the wireless mouse WORKS

*the wireless keyboard WORKS (both the mouse and keyboard share the same USB receiver)

*the wired mouse WORKS

*the wired keyboard DOESN'T WORK.

So, I suppose at this point this isn't a BIOS issue, am I right?

Can be something done to make my wired keyboard work on Clover GUI?

btw, both wired and wireless work on BIOS too.

My mem speed was detected by Clover Bootloader shows 1866 Mhz. Is this normal? I used mem override introduced by a apentia from ProjectOSX to changed it to 1600 Mhz. I got Nanya PC-12800 DDR3-1600 mem which supports XMP 1.2. It has XMP 1866 Mhz profile. Will the override block the 1866 Mhz XMP profile?

DarwinDump info about my Mem shows below.

0:286  0:000  ScanSPD() start
0:286  0:000  SMBus CmdReg: 0x1
0:286  0:000  Scanning SMBus [8086:1E22], mmio: 0xF7E15004, ioport: 0xF040, hostc: 0x1
0:313  0:027  SPD[2]: Type 11 @0x52 
0:322  0:008  Using XMP Profile2, dropping previous frequency 1600MHz
0:322  0:000  DDR speed 1866MHz 
0:322  0:000  Slot: 2 Type 24 4096MB 1866MHz Vendor=Nanya Technology PartNo=M2X4G64CB8HG9N-DG SerialNo=09030005000A0402 
0:336  0:014  SPD[3]: Type 11 @0x53 
0:344  0:008  Using XMP Profile2, dropping previous frequency 1600MHz
0:344  0:000  DDR speed 1866MHz 
0:344  0:000  Slot: 3 Type 24 4096MB 1866MHz Vendor=Nanya Technology PartNo=M2X4G64CB8HG9N-DG SerialNo=0C0B0005000A0405 
0:472  0:127  ScanSPD() end
0:472  0:000  Calibrated TSC frequency =3403814640 =3403MHz

That's not a DarwinDump, it's Clover's bootlog. If the memory is 1866MHz and Clover detects it correctly, what is the problem then? Why do you want to change it to 1600MHz, even though it's only cosmetic?

That's not a DarwinDump, it's Clover's bootlog. If the memory is 1866MHz and Clover detects it correctly, what is the problem then? Why do you want to change it to 1600MHz, even though it's only cosmetic?

My system cannot get sleep and wake up I thought it could be mem speed related. I added the EHC1 and EHC2 DSDT hack. It can go to sleep and wake if I click twice mouse or the display goes black or reboots automatically. Any idea?