6461 replies to this topic

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

Sorry gils83. I have nothing to say about AMD.

hello Slice :)

En fait , que ce soit du AMD ou autre ,ce n'est pas important , c'est en gros "un dossier kernel" comme le dossier kext ou autre qui serait injecter comme les kexts lors de l'installation et du reboot après insatallation .

In fact, whether AMD or another, this is not important, it's basically "a kernel file" as the file kext or else that would inject as kexts during installation and reboot after installing .

Edited by gils83, 20 April 2013 - 11:20 PM.

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 700 posts
Slice Could you tell me whether Clover can patch AppleHDA?(needs for it two patches and each one should be applied twice) It will be useful during a update.

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

hello Slice :)

En fait , que ce soit du AMD ou autre ,ce n'est pas important , c'est en gros "un dossier kernel" comme le dossier kext ou autre qui serait injecter comme les kexts lors de l'installation et du reboot après insatallation .

In fact, whether AMD or another, this is not important, it's basically "a kernel file" as the file kext or else that would inject as kexts during installation and reboot after installing .

Maybe you mean something like this?

Clover Rev 1033 - added basic ability to use custom kernel through FSInject driver
New FSInject driver with this support: Posted Image FSInject_64.efi.zip ( 3.83K ) Number of downloads: 14
(backwards compatible with previous CloverX64.efi)

If you need custom mach_kernel:
- put this new FSInject into /efi/drivers64 or /efi/drivers64UEFI
- put your custom kernel as /efi/kexts/{censored}/mach_kernel , for example: put custom kernel for 10.6.3 into /efi/kexts/10.6/mach_kernel
- boot system with blocking caches (select that option from Clover menu or add WithKexts switch into boot-args)

This is just for test. We need to come to some user friendly solution on where to put that kernel and how to control wether is should be used or not. Some flag in GUI or in config.plist or in boot args like WithKexts? I do not know.

I have tested it by installing Snow Leo from original 10.6.3 DVD in pure UEFI mode. Since I have Sandy Bridge processor I can not boot 10.6.3 kernel - that one does not have support for Sandy and Ivy yet.

My setup:
- my standard Clover setup from USB key for testing, which works

in /efi/drivers64UEFI:
- HFSPlusX64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi - standard drivers
- new FSInject-64.efi - to support loading of custom kernel
- PartitionDxe-64.efi into - to support Apple Snow Leo DVD

in /efi/kexts/10.6:
- mach_kernel - Ivy/Sandy SnowLeo kernel from stinga11 from here: http://www.osx86.net...d_10.6._...html
- FakeSMC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

With above setup, I've managed to install SnowLeo from original DVD:
- put DVD into the tray and rebooted into Clover GUI
- new SnowLeo option appeared - now, this is not user friendly since it does not say it is SnowLeo install from DVD
- by pressing SPACE and choosing option to boot with blocked caches I was able to boot DVD installer with custom kernel and FakeSMC and NullCpu
- click ... click ... click ... in installer ...
- when installer restarted, I have rebooted into Clover again
- new installed SnowLeo 10.6.3 appeared - I have booted it without caches again - with custom kernel and FakeSMC and NullCpu from /efi/kexts/10.6/
- after initial OSX setup I went straight to 10.6.8 combo update
- and, after update is installed, rebooted through Cover (with blocked cahches again) into 10.6.8
- since 10.6.8 supports Sandy Bridge, I was able to remove custom kernel, FakeSCM, NullCpu from USB stick now, install FakeSCM, NullCpu and network driver to /S/L/E and that gave me 10.6.8 that is ready for further tweaks for power management and audio patches

The best thing was actually - installing SnowLeo in my native 1920x1080 resolution setup by Clover - that was a nice experience. Posted Image

Edit: For me, it is now possible to use Clover to install original SnowLeo -> Lion or SnowLeo -> ML all in UEFI mode, and starting from Windows:
- using cVaD's Clover installer for Windows: http://www.insanelym...leon-bootflash/
- buying 10.6.3 DVD install
- installing 10.6.3 and upgrading to 10.6.8
- since 10.6.8 gives access to AppleStore, it's possible to buy Lion or ML from there and to use Clover to install it as on a real Mac

http://www.projectos...ic=2562&st=5040

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
Major issue.... I have a Memory "problem" with b1316 on Lenovo T420... the system thinks it has 3 banks now???

i updated to b1316 (new layout etc) and the system now shows incorrectly 12 GB of memory on 3 banks instead of 8GB on 2 Banks.
b1208 shows the memory banks and the serial numbers match properly i.e consistent with chameleon

not sure if this is a known problem with the newer clover?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Hi, Slice and alexanderq: does Clover have a kernel patcher function, similar to meklort's for Chameleon, that can bin-patch the vanilla kernel on-the-fly to run on unsupported CPUs like Atom or the upcoming Haswell? That's a much-needed and quite useful feature of Chameleon that Clover, despite all its innovations, seems to lack.

Without it, we Atom users need to patch the kernel and either replace the vanilla one or put the custom one inside /EFI/kexts/10.x/ for each system update, which sucks big time. If there's a built-in kernel auto-patcher in Clover, how do we use it? If there's not, is it in your plans for the near future?

All the best!

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Clover rocks

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

Enable to patch the kernel for unsupported CPU's. (Atom, Ivy, Pentium 4)

@tluck
Try newer version.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Thank you!

Another one, alexanderq: can Clover auto mount the EFI partition every boot, sparing us from mounting it manually every time we need access to the config.plist?

All the best!

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 588 posts

Thank you!

Another one, alexanderq: can Clover auto mount the EFI partition every boot, sparing us from mounting it manually every time we need access to the config.plist?

All the best!

Check doc folder under clover.
There u have config.plist-FullSample where u can find many options :D

Efi mount can be yes or no or name of osx volume or volume uuid.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Thank you, xpamamadeus!

By the way, i'm using your array of strings for IBPM in my config.plist, since GenerateIvyStates also doesn't work for me. Only had to adapt the MaxMultiplier - otherwise i'd get a KP - from 47 (i don;t really know why you're picking this value: are you overclocking your 3770K?) to 38, which is the highest turbo mode for my 3570K. Works with some quirks: the maximum turbo state i'm achieving is 36, and i'm getting an impossible minimum multiplier of 12 (when Intel specs state 16). It's better than no PM, though, so thank you a lot.

All the best!

P.S.: For some unknown reason,

<key>MountEFI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

doesn't work for me: i think i'll have to live with terminal commands for it.

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 588 posts

Thank you, xpamamadeus!

By the way, i'm using your array of strings for IBPM in my config.plist, since GenerateIvyStates also doesn't work for me. Only had to adapt the MaxMultiplier - otherwise i'd get a KP - from 47 (i don;t really know why you're picking this value: are you overclocking your 3770K?) to 38, which is the highest turbo mode for my 3570K. Works with some quirks: the maximum turbo state i'm achieving is 36, and i'm getting an impossible minimum multiplier of 12 (when Intel specs state 16). It's better than no PM, though, so thank you a lot.

All the best!

P.S.: For some unknown reason,

<key>MountEFI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

doesn't work for me: i think i'll have to live with terminal commands for it.

before 5 hours slice updated some code for ivy bridge
https://sourceforge....boot/code/1335/
now i need only those

DropOemSSDT=Yes
GenerateIvyStates=Yes
GeneratePStates=Yes

i wass using 47 becouse i OC my cpu at 4,7 Ghz

For efi mount try

<key>MountEFI</key>

<string>nameofosxvolume</string>
u can check your nvram by using nvram -p command from terminal too see if u have efimount variable there.
Check if u have Clover.MountEFI there.
Good luck

EDIT:if u are lazy enough for mounting efi from terminal then use this app Efi Mounter

Edited by xpamamadeus, 19 April 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
Check your nvram.
$ nvram -p | grep Clover

Clover.LogLineCount 3000
Clover.LogEveryBoot Yes
Clover.MountEFI No

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

before 5 hours slice updated some code for ivy bridge
https://sourceforge....boot/code/1335/
now i need only those

DropOemSSDT=Yes
GenerateIvyStates=Yes
GeneratePStates=Yes

i wass using 47 becouse i OC my cpu at 4,7 Ghz

So theoretically i only need to update to r.1335? Where do i find a link to the package? When upgrading i only need to "unpack", right?

EDIT:if u are lazy enough for mounting efi from terminal then use this app Efi Mounter

Thank you very much for this. Better than tweak the config.plist. :)

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 588 posts

So theoretically i only need to update to r.1335? Where do i find a link to the package? When upgrading i only need to "unpack", right?

Yes.

U can make it with CloverGrowerPro
Dont know what version u use now but never versions of insteller work really great and just need to press next,next,next....

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
P.S.: gonna use Clover Grower Pro...

Oh, you answered me where i was writing my post scriptum :)

Already running CGP.

P.P.S.: the installer for the rev i'm using, 1287, is really great and kind of a next, next, next... version. :)

P.P.P.S.: to update my revision without losing my settings, which option i use? Unpack?

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 588 posts

P.S.: gonna use Clover Grower Pro...

Oh, you answered me where i was writing my post scriptum :)

Already running CGP.

P.P.S.: the installer for the rev i'm using, 1287, is really great and kind of a next, next, next... version. :)

P.P.P.S.: to update my revision without losing my settings, which option i use? Unpack?

Dowt know what options u will get,they are working on installer all the time.
they make new versions really fast
u can look at code here http://sourceforge.n...1341/log/?path=

there are 4 versions i didnt try :D
they are just coming too fast.

For me its best to use OEM folder for all my settings...
Anyway installer always make backup...

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique
:)

Mais pourquoi il ne veut pas démarrer sur le kernel de l'USB ??? :wallbash:
But why he did not start the kernel USB?? : wallbash:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 Kernel=rd(0,0)/EFI/kexts/mach_kernel -v
</string>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>LegacyBoot</key>
<string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
<key>Speed</key>
<string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Find</key>
<dict>
<data>gAeoAqAF</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gAeoAjgE</data>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
This is the correct config.plist and you can boot with new kernel in two ways
-boot system with blocking caches (select that option from Clover menu or add WithKexts switch into boot-args)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<dict>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v WithKexts npci=0x2000</string>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>LegacyBoot</key>
<string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
<dict>
<key>0</key>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gAeoAqAF</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gAeoAjgE</data>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

or Attached File  config.zip   521bytes   11 downloads

and pointer is moved to refit.conf

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
Well I managed to get Clover working. Actually I got it to work by mistake. :blink:

I downloaded the recent version of Clover and wanted to install it on my USB flash drive. Somehow I completely forgot to select the USB flash from the installer and it was installing on my main hard disk instead and not on the USB and it completely replaced Chameleon.

I restarted and Clover showed all 3 partitions. I kind of got mad because I had this issue of Clover not working no matter what I did, but I selected Windows 8 and bam it booted lol. Then for curiosity, I booted OS X ML and bam worked too.

I don't know what happened. Either it was the recent version of Clover that fixed my issue or somehow my USB flash drive is bad. It's all good now lol :smoke:

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

DropOemSSDT=Yes
GenerateIvyStates=Yes
GeneratePStates=Yes

It does work after the update (rev. 1341), but in the same clumsy way as before, at least for me: this time, the useless state is 15 instead of 12. But it doesn't concern me anymore: after the update, i decided to put my custom SSDT back in /EFI/ACPI/Patched and voilà, worked like a wonder! Now i have seven P-states, as it should be, so no more GenerateIvyStates for me, and the update kept the progress made with the previous update: no more wake bug when booting in UEFI mode (the only Clover mode i'm using by the way: decided to let legacy mode exclusively for old Cham). So thank you, and thank Slice and all the crew for addressing the issue quickly.

All the best!

P.S.: a downside: the "Metal" theme is not as cool as the "Black Green" at all! Unfortunately, i only noticed the "wrong" theme was defaulted when it was too late, so i'll have to tweak the refit files later.

P.P.S.: The CPU Geekbench results improved consistently, from about 11.000 to about 11.200:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 2.28.19 AM.png   278.07KB   12 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, EFI, Clover

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy