Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

hi,

i've installed clover 1750 with the installer, on my z77-ds3h uefi mobo.

i can reach the menu but when i try to boot ML the boot got stuck right after it shows me the system uuid (without slide=0, i got a mach kernel error with it).

i really can't figure out what would be the problem...

edit: is it normal that i have to reinstall everytime clover just to see the efi partition? i believe that i'm doing something wrong...

hi,

i've installed clover 1750 with the installer, on my z77-ds3h uefi mobo.

i can reach the menu but when i try to boot ML the boot got stuck right after it shows me the system uuid (without slide=0, i got a mach kernel error with it).

i really can't figure out what would be the problem...

edit: is it normal that i have to reinstall everytime clover just to see the efi partition? i believe that i'm doing something wrong...

U need to have slide=0 in arguments and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi driver in driversx64UEFI

these are all needed in that folder

YQMYU9a.png

about mounting ESP efi partition u can do it from clover prefpane

or using commands from terminal

like this

mkdir /Volumes/efi

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

first check your disk number "disk0s1" or "disk1s1" etc. using "diskutil list" command

- You need to run "nvram -c" with root privileges like this: "sudo nvram -c"

- About your boot-args, arch=x86_64 is not necessary.

- Do the kexts you're trying to inject work from the /s/l/e folder?

Still we need more info about your setup, please post Clover's boot.log.

The kexts I am trying to inject work off of /S/L/E. I'll upload my boot.log asap.

always getting these messages with any ACPI combination possible...

X86PlatformShim::sendStepper - Stepper dictionary from plist is NULL!

X86PlatformShim::start - Failed to send stepper

:(

edit: Solved. i've changed to smbios imac13,1 (default was imac12,2 ?).

with macmini6,2 i got a kernel panic

Hello everybody!

I'm still working on to get familiar with Clover which means I'm a noob :(

anyways I have two questions:

I bumped into this code line/parameter:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
	<dict>
		<key>0</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>VoodooHDA</string>
			<key>Find</key>
			<data>SGVhZHBob25lcwA=</data>
			<key>Replace</key>
			<data>VGVsZXBob25lcwA=</data>
		</dict>

and it made wonder...

the first question

can I patch kexts which are in /S/L/E or only the ones being in /*clover*/EFI/kexts/10.8/ ?

second quesion:

can I patch kexts like ATI5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext?

so can I tell Clover to find 0x68B11002 in AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext/Contents/info.plist and replace it with 0x68B91002 for example?

the reason I'm asking is simple. everytime I update the computer I lose QE/CI and I must add my vga's device id manually to these kexts.

I might sound childish but I'm not a programmer and I would like to know the limits of Clover :)

Thank you lads

C.

I bumped into this code line/parameter:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
	<dict>
		<key>0</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<key>Find</key>
			<key>Replace</key>
		</dict>

The format is changed in recent Clover revision. Now you have to rewrite this as follow

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
	<array>

<dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<key>Find</key>
			<key>Replace</key>
		</dict>

I edited instructions at the links above.

The format is changed in recent Clover revision. Now you have to rewrite this as follow

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
	<array>

<dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<key>Find</key>
			<key>Replace</key>
		</dict>

Slice, could you add the InfoPlistPatch key to the instructions as well?

the first question

can I patch kexts which are in /S/L/E or only the ones being in /*clover*/EFI/kexts/10.8/ ?

second quesion:

can I patch kexts like ATI5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext?

so can I tell Clover to find 0x68B11002 in AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext/Contents/info.plist and replace it with 0x68B91002 for example?

the reason I'm asking is simple. everytime I update the computer I lose QE/CI and I must add my vga's device id manually to these kexts.

I might sound childish but I'm not a programmer and I would like to know the limits of Clover :)

Thank you lads

C.

1- yes you can patch kexts from S/L/E (this was the idea, don't know if it can actually patch kexts from EFI)

2- by default Clover will patch the binary, so for your case you need to add another key besides the Find-Replace-Name:

<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>

There was a limitation to plist patching (requires blocking kextcache the first time) that I think is still true now. More info here -> plist patch by dmazar

I am pleased to say that I got my laptop to boot with Clover for the first time today. It is an HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO with an i5 CPU, the HM76 motherboard and HD4000/Radeon 7850M GPUs. For some reason, most of the settings other than the boot arguments do not load (I am still booting from a USB stick). So, for example, I could not get video to load by putting the ig-platform-id string in graphics. Instead, I had to put "ig-platform-id=0x01660004" in my boot args and then I got video to load.

However, the problem I am having that has caused me to post here is a problem I am having not only with Clover but also with all versions of Chameleon after version 2210. The problem is that the lapic fix/patch no longer works on my laptop. I cannot boot unless I add cpus=1 to my boot args. There must be something that has recently been implemented that is causing this problem. I am hoping that by posting this here, someone can look into and see what is going on. I suspect that this effects HP laptops more than others since the HP laptops have always suffered from the APIC kernel panic. Thanks.

Here you go:

CloverGrower running from Desktop shortcut or from Terminal without sudo:

build.py...
: error 0005: Could not create directory /Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower-master-1/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/X64

Running from Terminal with sudo:

/bin/sh: /Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/clovergrower-master-1/toolchain/ia32/gcc: No such file or directory
make: *** [/users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower-master-1/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull/OUTPUT/PcdLib.obj] Error 127

build.py...
: error 7000: Failed to execute command
make tbuild [/users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower-master-1/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull]

build.py...
: error 7000: Failed to execute command
make tbuild [/users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower-master-1/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC48/IA32/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull]

build.py...
: error F002: Failed to build module
/Users/jonathandrake/Downloads/CloverGrower-master-1/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [iA32, GCC48, RELEASE]

EDIT: This appears to be always happening in the IA32 section

Automatic config.plist creating

5. As you booted into OS then you can launch Terminal and call the utility

./getconfig >config.plist

Hi, many thanks for this!

Just in case it puzzles anyone else: the command is ./genconfig, not ./getconfig

Hello clover developers. How about to implement the function which blocks panic kexts? Because it's a nightmare especially when kext is in S/L/E. What thou opinion about it? Is it possible to make this function in Clover.

+1 on kexts blocking. Would be useful for those with power management problems (AICPUPM or AGPM), which most of times leads to kp or instant reboots.

Generally I think it should work for all kexts. As we all seek for a necessary kext. And some of theme give a kernel panic.

For example, Today I was experimented with BCM5722D and got a kernel panic. MacDrive didn't help as trial period ran out.

Paragon HFS+10 helped me as I never used it before therefore I have a chance to use it in trial period.

But if I didn't have it, it would be "pain in the butt" as I had to install Lion and from there to remove my panic kext.

I think it would be good ability for Clover.

Generally I think it should work for all kexts. As we all seek for a necessary kext. And some of theme give a kernel panic.

Yes it should, I was only giving an example.

For example, Today I was experimented with BCM5722D and got a kernel panic. MacDrive didn't help as trial period ran out.

Paragon HFS+10 helped me as I never used it before therefore I have a chance to use it in trial period.

But if I didn't have it, it would be "pain in the butt" as I had to install Lion and from there to remove my panic kext.

I think it would be good ability for Clover.

In cases like that, where you need to delete a kext, try booting in single user mode and:

mount -uw / (mount the disk)
rm -R /system/library/extensions/nameofthe.kext (delete or rename the kext)
restart / reboot (can't remember which)

Yes it should, I was only giving an example.

In cases like that, where you need to delete a kext, try booting in single user mode and:

mount -uw / (mount the disk)
rm -R /system/library/extensions/nameofthe.kext (delete or rename the kext)
restart / reboot (can't remember which)

If I'm not mistaken, "single user mode" helps when DSDT is needed for launching of kext.

Actually I had tried single user mode, but it didn't help except Paragon HFS+ under Windows.

Today we have E/E/, kexts/10.8 and others. In the case of panic we can cope with it at level of bootloaders.

XPC and bareboot can help in it, if we have some issues with main bootloader, as reserve bootloaders.

But when panic kext is placed at S/L/E, it's super discomfort!

I am running Clover on an HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO laptop. I was able to apply the lapic fix using the new syntax and location for it but, for some reason, something is adding the boot args "cpus=1 -f" to my boot args when I boot up but they are not located in my boot args in my config.plist. Any idea what might be adding these args? When I manually delete them at boot up, it boots fine and I get both cores to be recognized in HW Sensors.

config.plist.zip

I am running Clover on an HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO laptop. I was able to apply the lapic fix using the new syntax and location for it but, for some reason, something is adding the boot args "cpus=1 -f" to my boot args when I boot up but they are not located in my boot args in my config.plist. Any idea what might be adding these args? When I manually delete them at boot up, it boots fine and I get both cores to be recognized in HW Sensors.

config.plist.zip

Check your nvram:

nvram -p (lists all variables stored in the nvram, if cpus=1 is there then run what's below)
sudo nvram -d boot-args (deletes the boot-args variable)

If you're booting in legacy mode the variables are stored in the /nvram.plist file.

• Like 1

The easiest way for all the answers is to read this

http://www.insanelym...2-instructions/

or this

http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2543

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
	<array>

<dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<key>Find</key>
			<key>Replace</key>
		</dict>

Slice, could you add the InfoPlistPatch key to the instructions as well?

1- yes you can patch kexts from S/L/E (this was the idea, don't know if it can actually patch kexts from EFI)

2- by default Clover will patch the binary, so for your case you need to add another key besides the Find-Replace-Name:

<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>

There was a limitation to plist patching (requires blocking kextcache the first time) that I think is still true now. More info here -> plist patch by dmazar

Thank you all, tomorrow I'll start experimenting with this to create the ultimate bootloader :star_sunglasses:

Cheers lads,

C.

I recently build a new PC with a GA-z77m-dh3-mvp MB, I5-3570K CPU and ATI HD6450 graphics card which is very similar to Apple Computers specifications. The problem is I installed Clover and wanna boot and try a stock installation with Install ESD.dmg downloaded from Apple App Store. I followed this guide

here

modified the Base System.dmg specifically I added Fakesmc.kext and deleted ATI6000controller.kext which cause KP which according to him. I tried to boot with kext and no cache the computer stucked at the apple logo and the colorful mouse pointer fan keeps spanning and the machine freezes or KP. Any idea how to do the stock install with clover UEFI booting?

b.t.w. after using Clover Bootloader the memory speed of about this apple is not right. I got 4GB*2 DDR3-1600 Mem but it shows 8GB 1868 Mhz RAM. And the CPU info also is wrong. I got a I5-3570k Cpu and the bus speed seems also not right. Is clover not clever enough to identify my Mem? I have already tried 3 SMBIOS settings with config.plist a configuration setting Doc of Clover. It seems Clover is not stable also. How can I help file the bug?

Below is what the about this apple shows:

post-216278-0-48592200-1369401529_thumb.png

post-216278-0-96476300-1369401549.pngpost-216278-0-61459200-1369401567_thumb.png