Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Use clover only when installing OSX or having problems with installed one in S/L/E,otherwise install kext in S/L/E

Thank you !

Is it a good idea to use clover for testing ?

I have read your guide, but my problem is not that the key is not boottabile is the next step, because the motherboard find the presence of EFI file in the Key

My suggestion is to use the BootDiskUtility

Here is a more simple explanation :

http://www.insanelym...h-macosx-distr/

BootDiskUtility is great. With it I made a USB key with 2 partitions : One with clover and the second with MacOS Install

Did you make this first step ? About the problem you have ("the key is not boottabile is the next step, because the motherboard find the presence of EFI file in the Key")

do you have you this problem with the USB Key created with BootDiskUtility ?

hello all,

i try to boot OSX in verbose mode (-v) but when OSX starts booting no text is displayed on screen until the system is fully loaded and the desktop appears

What do i have to do to se the booting procedure?

Also if I'm trying to boot without -v option no booting logo is displayed, same as described before a black screen appears and afterwards the desktop.

hello all,

i try to boot OSX in verbose mode (-v) but when OSX starts booting no text is displayed on screen until the system is fully loaded and the desktop appears

What do i have to do to se the booting procedure?

Also if I'm trying to boot without -v option no booting logo is displayed, same as described before a black screen appears and afterwards the desktop.

It seems you have such hardware. :wallbash:

Hey guys , tried making over clocked ssdt last nite for my rig, added few lines to config list an dropped ssdt into patched folder an now I can't boot can someone plz help ? When I boot in -v I see it says fakesmc problem , thanks for any advice, btw I already deletd the ssdt from clover shell an booted with no Kexts no luck

• Like 1

Hey guys , tried making over clocked ssdt last nite for my rig, added few lines to config list an dropped ssdt into patched folder an now I can't boot can someone plz help ? When I boot in -v I see it says fakesmc problem , thanks for any advice, btw I already deletd the ssdt from clover shell an booted with no Kexts no luck

What is the question if it is fakesmc problem?

I have 2 machines with identical motherboards (Asus P5Q-Pro), except for the NVidia cards-1 is 8800GTX, the other 250GTS. Clover1635 on USB stick boots the 8800GTX to GUI screen, but on 250GTS, a menu context screen appears that go no further than a loop back. All I can think of is the video card makes all the difference.

What can I do to make clover boot to GUI the machine with NVIdia 250GTS?

Thank you anyone.

I see since build 1637 that the refit.conf and settings.conf have been removed and moved to the config.plist and new theme.plist. I can't find any documentation on what settings have been moved to where. I managed to create the theme.plist for the theme I am using but a lot of the settings from the old settings.conf are not in the themes.plist included in latest build.

Is there somewhere we can see what has been moved to where and what one no longer exsist etc?

Thanks

I have 2 machines with identical motherboards (Asus P5Q-Pro), except for the NVidia cards-1 is 8800GTX, the other 250GTS. Clover1635 on USB stick boots the 8800GTX to GUI screen, but on 250GTS, a menu context screen appears that go no further than a loop back. All I can think of is the video card makes all the difference.

What can I do to make clover boot to GUI the machine with NVIdia 250GTS?

Thank you anyone.

Exchange video cards to check.

I see since build 1637 that the refit.conf and settings.conf have been removed and moved to the config.plist and new theme.plist. I can't find any documentation on what settings have been moved to where. I managed to create the theme.plist for the theme I am using but a lot of the settings from the old settings.conf are not in the themes.plist included in latest build.

Is there somewhere we can see what has been moved to where and what one no longer exsist etc?

Thanks

Sorry, don't discuss revisions above 1635 until special instructions.

There are a lot of things about clover my friend.

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>GraphicsInjector</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x01620005</string>

</dict>

thanks for the quick reply, i will try it later this day. I expected to by as you say, it would be more usefull if those informations are available inside a separate thread because here is way to much information to dig into

thanks for the quick reply, i will try it later this day. I expected to by as you say, it would be more usefull if those informations are available inside a separate thread because here is way to much information to dig into

There is Clover Instructions thread. But information about ig-platform-id is still absent because I got no information how useful is this setting.

Default value was good so far.

Since yesterday I just get black/yellow icons in Clover UI, themes aren't working. I saw JrCs reported the same - anyone know how to get the clover icons appearing normally again? Tried erasing efi partition and doing a fresh install. currently have r1649 installed and its still showing the corrupted theme.

[EDIT] Fixed, mostly. Added a GUI section to the clover config.plist (needed because refit settings have been merged in) and set theme there. black_green is broken (only shows ssd icons, not OS) but thats a known issue I believe.

Edited by ZenGiga

But I don't know why.

I may propose that your UEFI BIOS doesn't support text mode.

I doubt. Because while i was trying to resolve problem of booting using UEFI sometimes I was able to see some text there, but now I cannot remember what I was doing then.

I have a little issue.

I bought myself a new computer (with an Asus P8H77-M LE motherboard).

Using legacy boot on SATA HD I always get boot0ss / boot0af error.

However I can boot fine using an USB stick in legacy.

Guess I'll have to use UEFI boot unless somebody has another solution for me.

I even tried manually installing the boot sectors (MBR+PBR), no use.

Well, Andy: that's why i always recommend Gigabyte UEFI: it almost seems that Gigabyte engineers are fond of a little hackintoshing.

That said, can you post pics of your BIOS settings? Since legacy boot is working from USB, it really should work from HDD too: it has to be some overlooked detail. Or else, you must perhaps update your BIOS: what revision is it?

All the best!

• Like 1