• Please log in to reply
5906 replies to this topic

brlock

brlock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

It's connected directly to the back of the motherboard. No hubs. I'll try in another port. The weird part is that is turned on and the blinks like the mouse and other devices and it turns off and never comes back until the OS is actually booting.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Changing the port to the eSATA/USB did the trick for me, thanks!!!

I am glad it did the trick for you.

Having changed the screen hub to another USB port also made the difference between booting to clover or not, and solved my problem. So if you are stuck at the cursor move your USB devices around.

Still, for the sake of debugging I can tell i had in this screen hub a BT dongle, a logitech mouse dongle and a USB keyboard. And that now i have all those same things on still but the screen is connected to another USB port.

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

As far as I know it is already supported but I'll look your sources.

Yes, please do. I just used rev. 1140 and the any VBIOS patch did not occur. It's still at 1024x768. I'd be happy to help you out with any debugging on my end. (Remember, 1st gen Intel HD Graphics)

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
iwin32 it works if you put in your config.plist
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

and in your refit.conf
# Set desired screen resolution if enabled
screen_resolution 11900x1080

but unfortually only resolution works.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
I have a question. If these parameters on config.plist work on Clover, would I be able to modify the Chamelon.Boot.plist to make it work also? The reason is when booting with Clover, some features work better.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,020 posts
A bootloader is not a set of parameters, it is also a set of algorithms to apply them.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
Thank you for the clarification.

Edited by tdtran1025, 06 March 2013 - 03:00 AM.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
Hey Slice,
I have an existing RAID0 volumes already set up for Chameleon, where it resides on 2 Bott Helper partitions called Boot OS Xs. The set for clover calls for installation on 2 EFI partitions. How does this affect the Chameleon setup? DO I need to do anything to the previous Chameleon on Boot OS Xs?
Thanks again

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,020 posts

Hey Slice,
I have an existing RAID0 volumes already set up for Chameleon, where it resides on 2 Bott Helper partitions called Boot OS Xs. The set for clover calls for installation on 2 EFI partitions. How does this affect the Chameleon setup? DO I need to do anything to the previous Chameleon on Boot OS Xs?
Thanks again

You may replace boot1h (boot sector 0 of your active partition) to be Clover's version with 2 seconds pause to choose between Clover and Chameleon.
Then you can keep
boot - it is Clover
boot1 - it is Chameleon
/EFI - files for Clover
/Extra - files for Chameleon
Keep them all and boot by your choice either in Clover or in Chameleon.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,642 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello @slice

how are u ?

i hope good....

for me is one big help.. i have the 2 loaders.. but now chameleon don't boot with GE=Yes

no forced edid.. rsrsrsr

and no news in chameleon.. i ask to chameleon developers .. any hope use a custom edid key like clover..

u are one of developers with many work with in chameleon and many solutions for mac os x.. u think is any chance to insert that in chameleon ?

all the best to u

i'm one u admire u work in mac os x..

long live..

good hack

el_charlie

el_charlie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Hello again people!

I need some assistance with something I found on the boot.log of clover.

I have a Linksys WMP300N PCI card that is recognized as an Airport. I got it detected by either injecting the Device ID to the ariport kext, or by rebranding the card in linux. The problem is that it works but it doesn't detect any network.

I found in the boot.log that Clover inserts some kind of table for Airport with messages like this:

18:718  0:000  Found AirPort. Landing enabled...

or

26:140  0:000  add table 9 #0
26:140  0:000  add table 9 #1
26:140  0:000  insert table 9 for Airport
26:141  0:000  Type20[0]->End = 0x1FFFFF, mMemory17[0] = 0x200000
26:141  0:000  Type20[1]->End = 0x3FFFFF, mMemory17[1] = 0x400000
26:141  0:000  Type20[2]->End = 0x5FFFFF, mMemory17[2] = 0x600000
26:141  0:000  Type20[3]->End = 0x7FFFFF, mMemory17[3] = 0x800000

So, I want to know what does that do in Clover? Some people say to move to a different PCI slot, but my Motherboard is microATX and I only have one PCI slot. Clover might be doing something about it that prevents the card for turning the power on.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

You may replace boot1h (boot sector 0 of your active partition) to be Clover's version with 2 seconds pause to choose between Clover and Chameleon.
Then you can keep
boot - it is Clover
boot1 - it is Chameleon
/EFI - files for Clover

Thank you. I will try this and report back later.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,020 posts

hello @slice how are u ? i hope good.... for me is one big help.. i have the 2 loaders.. but now chameleon don't boot with GE=Yes no forced edid.. rsrsrsr and no news in chameleon.. i ask to chameleon developers .. any hope use a custom edid key like clover.. u are one of developers with many work with in chameleon and many solutions for mac os x.. u think is any chance to insert that in chameleon ? all the best to u i'm one u admire u work in mac os x.. long live.. good hack

Why do you need Chameleon? Use Clover!
Yes, all is possible to implement into Chameleon. It is just a work.

Hello again people! I need some assistance with something I found on the boot.log of clover. I have a Linksys WMP300N PCI card that is recognized as an Airport. I got it detected by either injecting the Device ID to the ariport kext, or by rebranding the card in linux. The problem is that it works but it doesn't detect any network. I found in the boot.log that Clover inserts some kind of table for Airport with messages like this:

18:718 0:000 Found AirPort. Landing enabled...
or
26:140 0:000 add table 9 #0 26:140 0:000 add table 9 #1 26:140 0:000 insert table 9 for Airport 26:141 0:000 Type20[0]->End = 0x1FFFFF, mMemory17[0] = 0x200000 26:141 0:000 Type20[1]->End = 0x3FFFFF, mMemory17[1] = 0x400000 26:141 0:000 Type20[2]->End = 0x5FFFFF, mMemory17[2] = 0x600000 26:141 0:000 Type20[3]->End = 0x7FFFFF, mMemory17[3] = 0x800000
So, I want to know what does that do in Clover? Some people say to move to a different PCI slot, but my Motherboard is microATX and I only have one PCI slot. Clover might be doing something about it that prevents the card for turning the power on. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

This messages are related to SMBIOS and I am not sure it is influence on "power on".
You have to do dsdt dump, device-properties dump, ioreg dump to understand what is the difference between booting with Clover or with Chameleon.
For my mind there is no differencies and Airport should works the same if all other conditions are good.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,469 posts

Why do you need Chameleon? Use Clover!

Why still isn't sure what looks from life.... :wallbash: :wallbash:
@ Simoes clover the best boot for now :wallbash:

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Then you can keep
boot - it is Clover
boot1 - it is Chameleon
/EFI - files for Clover

It works. Man, I am always curious and an early adopter of anything new. This is rewarding, even for a BIOS based motherboard. Is there a way to improve the time from POST to the first boot screen? It does not bother me much, but I am, again, curious.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Apple software raid boots fine here with clover. (from external usb stick)

Yes since r1112. The question is how to install Clover permanently on RAID0. Magnifico's instruction is ambiguous. I tried it but to no solution.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,469 posts

Yes since r1112. The question is how to install Clover permanently on RAID0. Magnifico's instruction is ambiguous. I tried it but to no solution.

What is so ambiguous? What you do not understand ... before giving judgments strange why do not you ask on the forum?

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

What is so ambiguous? What you do not understand ... before giving judgments strange why do not you ask on the forum?

Please do not take it wrong. Maybe I am so dense or incompetent. I followed it to the letter and it still does not boot. I have a Chameleon set up on Boot helper partition already. I found Clover to be somewhat more convenient so I want to move it permanently on my RAID0 volumes. Since apology for mis-speaking.
Help me out!

Again Magnifico, your instruction is clearly magnificent with graphics to follow. Still, I couldn't follow. I could have done something wrong.
Another question while you are at it-I can't consistently produce a Clover USB boot stick. It's weird. I tried different versions on the stick. Sometimes it gives me graphic boot screen, most of the times it does not. What seems to be my problem? I also tried to format the stick in various ways, FAT32, GPT, MBR, and the results I got were still inconsistent. But I install it on another HD, everything works OK. Hmmm...

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Slice and all the crew: good evening!

Could you, when doing the next update of Clover, port meklort's kernel patcher module from Chameleon? It would help lots of Atom and legacy CPU users to make the transition to Clover.

All the best!

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,469 posts

Please do not take it wrong. Maybe I am so dense or incompetent. I followed it to the letter and it still does not boot. I have a Chameleon set up on Boot helper partition already. I found Clover to be somewhat more convenient so I want to move it permanently on my RAID0 volumes. Since apology for mis-speaking.
Help me out!

Again Magnifico, your instruction is clearly magnificent with graphics to follow. Still, I couldn't follow. I could have done something wrong.
Another question while you are at it-I can't consistently produce a Clover USB boot stick. It's weird. I tried different versions on the stick. Sometimes it gives me graphic boot screen, most of the times it does not. What seems to be my problem? I also tried to format the stick in various ways, FAT32, GPT, MBR, and the results I got were still inconsistent. But I install it on another HD, everything works OK. Hmmm...

but you have a motherboard with UEFI?

Eps

Eps

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Slice and all the crew: good evening!

Could you, when doing the next update of Clover, port meklort's kernel patcher module from Chameleon? It would help lots of Atom and legacy CPU users to make the transition to Clover.

All the best!

Clover had kernel patcher feature credited by pcj already.
I use HP MiniNote 2140 post this thread with CPU ATOM N270 in IA32 architecture in Clover + Snow Leopard.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, EFI, Clover

13 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 9 guests, 1 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy