Revision 718 has mouse pointer support.

Write into config.plist the follow

<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
<key>Speed</key>
<string>8</string>
</dict>

Larger value - faster speed.

Some mice don't properly work. Sorry for the drivers restrictions.

For me Logitech works fine.

Hi Slice,

Working perfect here with a wired Microsoft Mouse, unfortunately with the wireless one no...

[EDIT]

Wired and wireless mouse working perfect...

The stupid with the mouse in hands did not see the low battery indicator... :wallbash:

:wallbash:

Ah okay then my GTX670 is just at the maximum output with 1024x768? It isn't that bad, would be nice if it just could match it with my 27" ACD (2560x1440). I also found a workaround for the installesd.dmg. After stage 1, I could but up with a usb stick that has the default base system + packages and would start installing immediately because of the nvram destination. Though the recovery partition would not work/boot either way and is unknown? I don't really need it but it would be cool if it just works in a vanilla way of things ;).

I haven't tried a raid setup yet with clover. Should just work right?

Ah okay then my GTX670 is just at the maximum output with 1024x768? It isn't that bad, would be nice if it just could match it with my 27" ACD (2560x1440).

Your card can do more, your monitor supported larger resolution, but with appropriate driver.

BiosVideoDriver is restricted to 1024x768 in your case.

I am more happy. With CloverEFI I have 1440x900 on my laptop with IntelX3100.

screenshot2.png

still takes a long time to get to the gui .... about 7 seconds ... maybe there is something that does not work well in clover ... I dont think this is normal.

It's normal. Chameleon and Clover works differently: Chameleon uses BIOS, Clover puts's whole UEFI layer on top of BIOS and uses UEFI. That's why it takes some time - to init that UEFI layer. There are also 2 seconds spent on giving you are chance to load Chameleon or Clover (if you installed boot1*alt). If you are up for speed, then you should try direct UEFI boot if you have UEFI motherboard.

But I think talking about speed exclusively is missing a point of having Clover available. Some explanation from Slice here. There was a point when Chameleon was not able to boot new Lion. I was not here then, but if I understood correctly it was because boot args structure was changed. Fortunately, it was soon fixed (by cparm?), but the similar thing could happen again - Apple could change something and Chameleon could fail again - that's the main reason why having an alternative which operates completely different (by using Apple's boot loader boot.efi) is good to have. If it's few seconds slower - who cares.

Another reason - to have fun with exploring new things. Experimenting with UEFI and Clover already brought native UEFI boot to some of us. Apart from fun, learning new things, exploring, is it important? Who knows. I could live without mobile 15 years ago just fine, but not any more.

Have fun.

• Like 4

Your card can do more, your monitor supported larger resolution, but with appropriate driver.

BiosVideoDriver is restricted to 1024x768 in your case.

I am more happy. With CloverEFI I have 1440x900 on my laptop with IntelX3100.

post-112217-0-43349500-1349167029_thumb.png

Yeah, before I had a Radeon 6870 and modified/hex the bios with a 2560x1440 entry. Worked great.

I also had a GTX590 and bricked that card when I tried it to search it in the nvidia bios. Though I got a GTX670 + refund (ya I RMA'd it lol) I won't touch a nvidia bios again. :wallbash:

//edit

Tried chameleon again and it does in fact results a 2560x1440 boot menu + logo if I set it in Graphics Mode. So the bios can handle it. (Also displays the vesa table in chameleon with 2560x1440). Is the uefi limited to the initial VESA mode that starts in 1024x768? If nothing is set in chameleon it would also default to 1024x768.

GTX670 in OS X without injection works just fine.

As I understand you speak about UEFI boot, right?

Did you try CloverEFI, boot file? Legacy Clover boot? There may be different result as there is another BiosVideoDriver.

Since the projectx86 forums are down, I will post it here.

I have successfully tested the testing version of Clover with Turbo boost that was posting on that forum.

Everything works, CPU keeps getting high CPU freq, but that seems to be an Apple issue. (need to test)

Is the (fixed) Turbo-module available in the trunk?

Another question, on Chameleon their is an option to disable memdectect, is their an option for Clover?

I'm getting the following error on boot:

Power On Self-Test:

Last Run: 02-10-12 15:18

Result: Failed

Failure Type: Memory

Memory Slots: DIMM0/BANK 0, DIMM1/BANK 0

The memory status OK trough Memory-tab.

Thanks. :)

As I understand you speak about UEFI boot, right?

Did you try CloverEFI, boot file? Legacy Clover boot? There may be different result as there is another BiosVideoDriver.

It's UEFI boot indeed. I'll try the legacy/bios mode of clover.

Also tried a RAID volume, but I have to specify InjectSystemID to boot the kernel cache.

Mouse is a great Idea in the Menu area my Synapics trackpad doesn't work with it but USB mouse does. Really Handy this feature just shows how the Mac EFI should of worked which is why i like hackintosh's so much. Nice work Team.

Also using 719:720 and for the first time ever my CPU is showing correctly at 2.2GHZ and not 800MhZ

It's normal. Chameleon and Clover works differently: Chameleon uses BIOS, Clover puts's whole UEFI layer on top of BIOS and uses UEFI. That's why it takes some time - to init that UEFI layer. There are also 2 seconds spent on giving you are chance to load Chameleon or Clover (if you installed boot1*alt). If you are up for speed, then you should try direct UEFI boot if you have UEFI motherboard.

But I think talking about speed exclusively is missing a point of having Clover available. Some explanation from Slice here. There was a point when Chameleon was not able to boot new Lion. I was not here then, but if I understood correctly it was because boot args structure was changed. Fortunately, it was soon fixed (by cparm?), but the similar thing could happen again - Apple could change something and Chameleon could fail again - that's the main reason why having an alternative which operates completely different (by using Apple's boot loader boot.efi) is good to have. If it's few seconds slower - who cares.

Another reason - to have fun with exploring new things. Experimenting with UEFI and Clover already brought native UEFI boot to some of us. Apart from fun, learning new things, exploring, is it important? Who knows. I could live without mobile 15 years ago just fine, but not any more.

Have fun.

I am a person who loves to have fun with hardware and software, and that 's why I find myself, after years with windwos, writing on this forum. you are the guru of the world hackintosh to teach new things, I just asked a question about why 'clover and' slow, compared with Chameleon, but only you slice and I have been able to explain all this now, thank you. now I try with the method UEFI, I have a asus with UEFI BIOS.

What is your digit here #94 ?

Used the same digit, the that timeout count is also (terrible) slow, mouse don't works. I have an USB Logitech Mouse & Keyboard. (No wireless)

Also turbo modes hangs, it seems that the turbo mode isn't available in the latest trunk?

Or only with the regular one included on the package???

Thanks kynnder... I didn't think to look for a mouse driver last night when I posted my report.. no wonder it didn't work for me. doh!

Using the USB mouse driver from the package source works for me. :)

@Siice - I notice when clicking a volume with the mouse in the GUI, the previous volume retains the selection graphic meaning I end up with a line of volumes all selected? I am still using rev720 though, I'll try a later revision.

EDIT: Yep, all fixed in rev 723.

I've been meaning to ask, recently my Recovery HD shows as an 'unknown device' graphic in the GUI. Do I need an extra icon in the themes folder for it?

Thanks kynnder... I didn't think to look for a mouse driver last night when I posted my report.. no wonder it didn't work for me. doh!

Using the USB mouse driver from the package source works for me. :)

:wink2:

I've been meaning to ask, recently my Recovery HD shows as an 'unknown device' graphic in the GUI. Do I need an extra icon in the themes folder for it?

On my machine he´s assuming the os_mac.icns....

Hello and thanks for clover

I have an intel hd graphics videocard which is not working and supported so after a long time i went and buy a radeon HD6450 hopefully that at last it will work my sound through hdmi which is the only conector i use and will not have anymore problems.I tried and booted with graphicinjector=yes and it detected it as HD6470 whith Burluses framebuffer which my hdmi tv dident work.So i used pithecia and again detected it as HD6470 whith 2 displays conected but i only have one hdmi and my sound is not working.Sorry for my english.

Forgot to mention that tube videos work ok for 10 seconds and then they play in slow motion.Vely slowwwwww.