Simonej

Simonej

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Mac EFI Security Update 2015-001

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1823

My "macmini" show update but it's impossible to install, EFI version is from fake smc or config (smbios)?

TimeWalker75a

TimeWalker75a

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,218 posts

Without confirmation it is only speculation.

Details mentioned are actually the much needed confirmation. 

Prince Mandor

Prince Mandor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Yes, you can run any efi application under CloverEFI. There are two ways to do this:

1. Start Shell.efi from Clover interface and start the efi application from command line.

2. Create custom entry related to the application.

You can start any efi application instead of CloverGUI if rename the application to be /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI

Possibly my English is not good enough.

Ok, I understand I always can use the Shell manually. I just hope to use GUI for simple tasks of running another .efi

Does it possible to create custom entry to run "aaa_x64.efi" or "aaa_ia32.efi" depended on computer architecture?

Or I need two sets of custom entries for each tool and each distro, one for x64 and one for ia32 ?

I do not like to remove Clover, it is great thing by itself. I just like to boot another GUI in first place. After that Clover can easily be started from rEFInd, if I need it. But rEFInd not detected by Clover.

Does it possible to hex-edit boot files or something else to make them boot another .efi file? Where this "/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVER[architectureID].EFI" is stored?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,655 posts

Possibly my English is not good enough.

Ok, I understand I always can use the Shell manually. I just hope to use GUI for simple tasks of running another .efi

Does it possible to create custom entry to run "aaa_x64.efi" or "aaa_ia32.efi" depended on computer architecture?

Or I need two sets of custom entries for each tool and each distro, one for x64 and one for ia32 ?

I do not like to remove Clover, it is great thing by itself. I just like to boot another GUI in first place. After that Clover can easily be started from rEFInd, if I need it. But rEFInd not detected by Clover.

Does it possible to hex-edit boot files or something else to make them boot another .efi file? Where this "/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVER[architectureID].EFI" is stored?

Yes, two sets for each architectures because you can't mix them. If you started as IA32 then only IA32 efi files can be used.

But there is an exception. boot.efi from OSX 10.7.5 is FAT file and CloverEFI is able to start FAT efi application. OEM UEFI can not.

If you make rEFInd.efi to be FAT application then you can start it from CloverEFI both 32 or 64 version.

The string "/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVER[architectureID].EFI" is in the boot file which is CloverEFI. You dont' see it by hex editor just because the file is compressed by LZMA method.

Moreover, it contains 4 parts. First is non-compressed, three others are compressed independently each others.

frankiee

frankiee

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Everything
I just hope to use GUI for simple tasks of running another .efi

I made a guide here to do this: http://www.insanelym...he-clover-menu/

It specifically explains how to run MemTest, but it should work for all kinds of EFI applications.

linuxrox

linuxrox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hello guys/gals,

I appologize for this newbie question but i can't figure out how to add boot arguments when using "bootcamp" theme during boot time.  I am talking about adding boot arguments when i am booting, right after BIOS POST. I tried to go into options but don't see an option to add boot argument (let's say i wanted to add -v ).  I also tried to press the space bar key but again, i see options to boot into safe mode, single mode, without caches ..etc but don't see an option to append a boot argument.  Is that option not present in this specific theme or i am doing something wrong ?

Thank you

Allan

Allan

V.I.P. Member

• Moderators
  • 7,379 posts

See this: http://clover-wiki.z.../Boot#Arguments

And i'll move your doubt for the right section.

Done!

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

See this: http://clover-wiki.z.../Boot#Arguments

And i'll move your doubt for the right section.

Done!

That was not the question asked they are talking about adding one at the boot GUI not the configuration file.

rvxtm

rvxtm

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Tech, Science, Biology, OSX86 stuff

Are the DSDT patches recommended with UEFI boot mode in clover ? I always disabled all of them from the config, OSX works for me on my board (Gigabyte Z87-UD3H).

Can someone please recommend what patches are needed (if they are needed) . 

Thank you !

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Hello guys/gals,

I appologize for this newbie question but i can't figure out how to add boot arguments when using "bootcamp" theme during boot time.  I am talking about adding boot arguments when i am booting, right after BIOS POST. I tried to go into options but don't see an option to add boot argument (let's say i wanted to add -v ).  I also tried to press the space bar key but again, i see options to boot into safe mode, single mode, without caches ..etc but don't see an option to append a boot argument.  Is that option not present in this specific theme or i am doing something wrong ?

Thank you

Just type O (like option) when you are in the GUI then add what you want in Boot Args:

See attached screenshot :

Attached Files

• Attached File  boot.png   121.87KB   2 downloads

anibalin

anibalin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Hi! the opción FakeLPC don´t work in my board Z97-D3H (Serie9).

No has loaded AppleLPC.kext

Any help? Thk u.-

I use AppleLPCInjector.kext for that mather.

owbp

owbp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Can anyone recommend good guide for changing boot loader from Chameleon to Clover (Legacy BIOS on Optiplex 755)?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy