Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,867 posts in this topic

I have to Interrupt because for some reason the forums won't let me create a new topic.

I'd like to know where is Clover up to in development? What can it do and what is planned?

Questions,

1) Can Clover now at this point be configured to boot directly to an OS set in a Start Up Disk Control Panel rathert than painfully forcing the system to run into Clover, force user to select OS and then boot? This wastes too much time if a user uses 1 OS 90% of the time and occasionally boots to another OS.

2) Does Clover finally provide the same hold down 'Option' key to select boot OS like Apples Boot Picker? Is this ever going to be possible or something the Clover team will eventually provide the functionality? Really just want to use OSX on standard PC hardware but have the flexibility to boot between OS's as easily as a Mac.

thanks

1. Yes. It is already here.

2. No. Key pressed must be recognized by your BIOS and inform to Clover what key is pressed. It doesn't happen because it is not Mac EFI BIOS.

I have used legacy clover and press F2 to save preboot.log,press F4 to save original (OEM) ACPI tables,press F6 to save videoBIOS,but is it possible to press a key to save motherboard BIOS by clover?Sorry for my nonsense.

I have used legacy clover and press F2 to save preboot.log,press F4 to save original (OEM) ACPI tables,press F6 to save videoBIOS,but is it possible to press a key to save motherboard BIOS by clover?Sorry for my nonsense.

No. It is possible in Windows for some desktop and the procedure is too complex.

How to use random theme in clover???

is it working.........

GUI->Theme=random

Our guys make own .xml file but rename it to .zml. It can be put in the same place as native .xml.

Then instruct Clover to patch AppleHDA binary to use .zml instead of .xml.

That's all. All updates will never replace your zml file.

Clover's driver VBoxHFS.efi understands symlinks if you want. I just didn't catch the idea.

As well the problem with AppleHDA has 6 years history beside me. I am using VoodooHDA.

Well, intresting, I can provide additional patch like that:

Comment: layout%ld.xml.zlib to layout%ld.zml.zlib:

Name:    AppleHDA

Find:      6C 61 79 6F 75 74 25 6C 64 2E 78 6D 6C 2E 7A 6C 69 62

Replace: 6C 61 79 6F 75 74 25 6C 64 2E 7A 6D 6C 2E 7A 6C 69 62

Comment: Platforms.xml.zlib to Platforms.zml.zlib

Name:    AppleHDA

Find:      50 6C 61 74 66 6F 72 6D 73 2E 78 6D 6C 2E 7A 6C 69 62

Replace: 50 6C 61 74 66 6F 72 6D 73 2E 7A 6D 6C 2E 7A 6C 69 62

Just looked at the binary and I think I have found what I need, Is correct? EDIT should be :D

This also should not break the code signature...

Thanks to pointing me to this trick, credits goes to at least for the idea? :)

PS I answer here because I saw that you will not receive any notification of my new post from News page

Thanks ;)

Anyway you may have a fault with this method if new AppleHDA will not understand a structure of old xml.

Riley Freeman has done some tests about, here:            #17            

And I think that this is better, maintaining compatibility with old kexts by replacing only ".xml".

hello ,

:)

my GTX 950 works CI/QE but not recognize with Clover or Chameleon , an idea ? thanks :) 

NVIDIA Graphics Device :

Jeu de composants : NVIDIA Graphics Device

Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)

Bus : PCIe

Longueur de la voie PCIe : x4

VRAM (totale) : 2047 Mo

Fournisseur : NVIDIA (0x10de)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x1402

Identifiant de révision : 0x00a1

Révision de la ROM : VBIOS 84.06.2f.00.7d

hello ,

my GTX 950 works CI/QE but not recognize with Clover or Chameleon , an idea ? thanks :)

NVIDIA Graphics Device :

Don't use NVIDIA graphics injection, let the Web drivers deal with it. "NVIDIA Graphics Device" is usual for super-new cards that don't have full support in the Web driver yet.

hello ,

NVIDIA Graphics Device :

Added to rev3323.

• Like 1

why idea why this happen when selecting random theme from clover

P_20151123_142558.jpg

I know this issue. It happens when absent theme is chosen but somehow embedded theme is not used. Like embedded theme is not embedded but external absent. We should track the issue...

Slice, what about giving more feedback about Kernel patching in the log? I.e. not only logging when there is an apparent error (for example length mismatch) but also indicating if the kext to patch and the search data was actually found and if the patch was successfully applied. This could surely help with debugging.