Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Give me kernel of 10.10.5

here !

Guys I've got some issues compiling Clover with CloverGrower.

Please, see the attached screenshot.

Also, please, note that I've only got one option in Xcode->Preferences->Locations->Command Line Tools. And it's already checked.

So, how is it that it can't find SDK when it's installed and everything seems to be set up properly?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-15 at 9.28.24 AM.png

asradu@

Did you set like that in Locations

0011.jpg

Did you set like that in Locations

Yes, it's already set like that by default.

The problem is that the Command Line Tools don't (why the hell don't they?) come bundled with Xcode, as Apple states here.

So you need to download and install that manually from here.

CGP is still using buildgcc.sh??? It is wrong. It must be buildgcc-4.9.sh

That's what it says... But I can see below saying gcc-4.9.2. So I don't know. Is it not good?

post-1303722-0-19673200-1439623312_thumb.png

First time I tried to compile it, it gave me an error about not being able to make PrefPane...something. I'll attach a screenshot when I get to that again. I just restarted the whole process and see if I get to the same place again.

If that's not good, can you please, tell me how to fix it? I'm using this tutorial to build it.

• Like 1

Cheers fusion71au, I didn't realise I could also enable SIP. Is that once the cache is rebuilt as before or can it stay on now (Once my AppleHDA is patched)?

EDIT: The <null string> error I was seeing in my log has also gone now. The only one I see now is the bad Xml below, does anyone else have this?

0:100  0:000  Clover load options size = 4 bytes
0:100  0:000  Found Plist String = , parse XML in LoadOptions
0:100  0:000  Xml in load options is bad
0:107  0:006  Using OEM config.plist at path: EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\UEFI\config.plist
0:107  0:000  EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\UEFI\config.plist loaded: Success

I repaired permissions and rebuilt caches with Kext Utility after I deleted the third party kexts from /L/E so I'm pretty sure they were in the "clean" (vanilla) state before I transferred the kexts to Clover's EFI and enabled SIP for the next boot.  AFAIK, kexts successfully injected by Clover from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts completely bypass SIP so SIP can remain on all the time....

For AppleHDA patching, you still need to disable SIP (use csr-active-config 0x67 or 0x3) since patching invalidates the signature and the kext needs to be in /S/L/E.  After patching, it can be enabled again.

Guys I've got some issues compiling Clover with CloverGrower.

Please, see the attached screenshot.

Also, please, note that I've only got one option in Xcode->Preferences->Locations->Command Line Tools. And it's already checked.

So, how is it that it can't find SDK when it's installed and everything seems to be set up properly?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-15 at 9.28.24 AM.png

I also had issues with compiling Clover in El Capitan, similar to @Maniac10 post#7309.

I suspect it is due to incompatibility between Xcode 6.4 and El Capitan (similar compiling problems reported by people using real Macs @ macrumors).  I've had no problems compiling Clover in Yosemite or Mavericks - both with CGP and manually as per Slice's post#14.

Anyone tried with Xcode7 beta in El Capitan?

• Like 1

I also had issues with compiling Clover in El Capitan, similar to @Maniac10 post#7309.

I suspect it is due to incompatibility between Xcode 6.4 and El Capitan (similar compiling problems reported by people using real Macs @ macrumors).  I've had no problems compiling Clover in Yosemite or Mavericks - both with CGP and manually as per Slice's post#14.

Anyone tried with Xcode7 beta in El Capitan?

Uhum.. Ok. I'll build in Yosemite then. That's fine for me too.

But before that, I'll give Xcode 7 a go and let you know if that makes any difference whatsoever.

As for the PrefPane error, here it is:

post-1303722-0-02764100-1439624581_thumb.png

but how do you enable and disable the SIP?

In Clover config:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x00</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

->  enabled.

Anything else -> disabled.

Also, from Recovery:

csrutil enable

to enable it.

csrutil disable

to disable it.

To check status (enabled/disabled):

csrutil status

In Clover config:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x00</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>
-> enabled.

Anything else -> disabled.

Also, from Recovery:

csrutil enable
to enable it.
csrutil disable
to disable it.

To check status (enabled/disabled):

csrutil status

Thz

Mybe we need a setting in Clover gui where we can change SIP when sytem updates or builds cache  and then turn back to default state without editing config.plist.

With the latest Clover (3258) and the implementation of EFI kext injection, I don't think we need to worry about SIP anymore. So no need for an option either. But I might be wrong.

Thank you, Sergey!

I was also able to build 3259 using Xcode 7 beta 5 and the appropriate Command Line Tools with CloverGrowerPro.

post-1303722-0-23739600-1439634117_thumb.png post-1303722-0-88041700-1439634202_thumb.png post-1303722-0-95840200-1439639037_thumb.png

Note: Xcode 7 is huge!

post-1303722-0-56838000-1439634125_thumb.png

Update:

Using Clover Compiler was not a good idea.

​However, adding boot flag rootless=0 (I thought this is obsolete) seems to be still required to install Clover.

• Like 2

So do we need to disable SIP in order to inject kext or does the method mentioned from Pike work/get implemented?

With the latest Clover version (3259), I don't think we need to worry about SIP anymore. I've got SIP enabled right now (using Clover config), and booting with kexts injected from EFI.

With the latest Clover version (3259), I don't think we need to worry about SIP anymore. I've got SIP enabled right now (using Clover config), and booting with kexts injected from EFI.

Hi Can you attached your config plist. .only for curiosity. ..can you?

Would anyone know why my startup disks no longer show up in Yosemite? They both still show up in El Capitan but I get an error when trying to select the Yosemite one, it was fine earlier today and the last thing I did was install 3259 onto the Yosemite partition.

I can still boot into Yosemite from the Clover GUI.

post-499606-0-95483600-1439643309_thumb.png

I tried replacing the EFI folder with the 3258 version but it was the same, could it be a script installed somewhere or a permission problem?

Hmm, r3258 and r3259 don't seem to be working for me, I still get the "Failed to link xxxxxx.kext" stuff when booting with kexts in EFI. Kexts located in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11, SIP disabled (CSR=0x67, Booter=0x28). Did anyone else encounter this?

Edit: Apparently replacing CLOVERX64.efi wasn't enough; I had to compile a package and install it, now I can confirm it works great. Excellent job solstice & Slice.

Would anyone know why my startup disks no longer show up in Yosemite? They both still show up in El Capitan but I get an error when trying to select the Yosemite one, it was fine earlier today and the last thing I did was install 3259 onto the Yosemite partition.

I can still boot into Yosemite from the Clover GUI.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-15 at 13.14.48.png

I tried replacing the EFI folder with the 3258 version but it was the same, could it be a script installed somewhere or a permission problem?

Is the Yosemite disk/partition mounted on your desktop, as it it is not it will not appear as a startup option?