12d43 : no probs here, C2D Nvidia 9600GT. Only AppleHDA patch

sea_man

sea_man

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Also here no probs for now !

Pdt: my 7970 is still working whit the 12D43 !

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Success too (patch sound and trim only)

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

I really really hope they have fixed system freezes...

What system freezes? Don't take this the wrong way, and it's possible it's from a apple bug, but don't expect software updates to fix system configuration problems. Very rarely will a update "fix" any issues on a hackintosh, only make new issues that we need to fix :) That being said, some unknown force still compels me to install them the moment they're available :)
  • p.H likes this

comwave7

comwave7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

:) That being said, some unknown force still compels me to install them the moment they're available :)

Exactly same here!

The "some unknown force" may be called a disease.
But, I always wanna be a patient to that SWEET disease! :)

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• News Team
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)

Exactly same here!

The "some unknown force" may be called a disease.
But, I always wanna be a patient to that SWEET disease! :)

Never seen someone so reluctant to openly accept a disease. o.o

Update worked fine for my aging c2q just the usual HDA patching was needed.

nofearl

nofearl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

What system freezes? Don't take this the wrong way, and it's possible it's from a apple bug, but don't expect software updates to fix system configuration problems. Very rarely will a update "fix" any issues on a hackintosh, only make new issues that we need to fix :) That being said, some unknown force still compels me to install them the moment they're available :)

http://www.pixelmato.../12/06/setback/

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts

http://www.pixelmato.../12/06/setback/

Apple is not going to fix someone else's mistake... This is just a App company trying to be cheap and blames the driver instead of properly fixing there sloppy programing...

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Yep, they mean that freeze with “NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error.

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Did they apply the openCL patch and edited AGPM.kext?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

Did they apply the openCL patch and edited AGPM.kext?

Who? In what case do you mean?
Nvidia freezes (Channel exceptions) happens also on real Mac with some Nvidia gpus and some OpenGL Apps. Modded or native agpm doesnt matter (in my case with 9600 GT heaven benchmark fails/freezes since 10.8.2).

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Who? In what case do you mean?
Nvidia freezes (Channel exceptions) happens also on real Mac with some Nvidia gpus and some OpenGL Apps. Modded or native agpm doesnt matter (in my case with 9600 GT heaven benchmark fails/freezes since 10.8.2).

I sometimes have a freeze (stock drivers), but I don't have any freeze anymore in any benchmark/even in heaven benchmark. Are you sure that openCL is activated?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
The Nvidia Channel exception error (freezes) is independent from OpenCL. It can happen in OpenGL only Apps, OpenCL only Apps and Apps with both.
For hackintoshs it startet by using Fermi gpus. BUT this error happens also to realmac gpus or in hackintoosh with supported gpu types which arent fermi type.
Error seems hard to fix for Apple because exist over 1 year - was fixed for some gpu / Opengl tasks but came back later again in other gpu type / OpenGL task combinations.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:
Seems to be a lot of speed and graphics drivers improvement! :P

Attached Files

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

The Nvidia Channel exception error (freezes) is independent from OpenCL. It can happen in OpenGL only Apps, OpenCL only Apps and Apps with both.
For hackintoshs it startet by using Fermi gpus. BUT this error happens also to realmac gpus or in hackintoosh with supported gpu types which arent fermi type.
Error seems hard to fix for Apple because exist over 1 year - was fixed for some gpu / Opengl tasks but came back later again in other gpu type / OpenGL task combinations.

Thanks for the info. I really thought this was only a Fermi issue, but if real Mac's also dealing with the same problem, than the only one to fix this is nVidia.
It may sound strange, but I was getting the same (channel) timeout issue on Linux (Ubuntu) when resuming the machine after sleep, search on "linux nouveau channel timeout".

nofearl

nofearl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Another release

http://9to5mac.com/2...-to-developers/

Known Issues
- None

sea_man

sea_man

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
12D44 out !

Its a joke ?

Edit: someone is having problems whit the USB disk or memory ??

I have this in my dmesg and also i have a KP when i connect any disk or memory in the USB , no problems if i left connected before the boot

USBF: 188.962 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801ff01000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource
USBF: 188.962 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801ff01000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

12D44 - downloading ... will report result later.

sea_man

"I have this in my dmesg and also i have a KP when i connect any disk or memory in the USB , no problems if i left connected before the boot"

I will check this. Did you mean that this happens since D44 and it not happens up to D43?

EDIT: well running D44 (updated from well running D43)
I tested USB Stick - no problems / no KP, like any 10.8.3 dev build. (Gigabyte EP 35 "oldi" board)

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts

12D44 - downloading ... will report result later.

"

I have this in my dmesg and also i have a KP when i connect any disk or memory in the USB , no problems if i left connected before the boot"

I will check this. Did you mean that this happens since D44 and it not happens up to D43?

I think it will go final sometime next week... So D44 may be the final version. Just a thought.

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Any new nVidia drivers with the D44 version? (Don't running the beta at the moment..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy