Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My name is Nikola and i'm from Croatia. My interest in hackintoshing is purely academic and i'm here to learn stuff i don't know anything about. Started about a week ago and so far ran into a few glitches on which i need help. Hope to have a great time on this forum!

Hi guys - Roy here - I build & fix PC's locally in our small town - Thanks for all the help and support on this site. It's enabled me to build a hack for a friend - he's being forced to upgrade from power-pc G5 & can't afford the Mac hardware.

With your help I've managed to get the Asus P5G41T-M LX ver.2 motherboard running SL10.6.6 (with Core2 Quad, 4GB DDR3 & Nvidia GT220 PCI-e card).

I had to disable Audio and LAN in bios before installation & re-enable after loading kexts - with kexts helper.

Please note this motherboard is the 41T model and Asus shows the wronge network chip in their website spec - It's not the Atheros chip so don't use the Atl1ekext_x64_20100430 kext.

A stronge magnifyier reveals it's a Realtek chip and the motherboard driver disc confirms this as it contains only Realtek RTL8136/8168/69 NDIS6 windows drivers. The RealtekRTL81xx.kext works fine and the VoodooHDA.kext works with the Audio chip.

I initially used a 1.5TB Seagate sata3 HDD as 2 x 750GB partitions but it wouldn't boot after the install - I got "boot0: error".

I read somewhere that the drive needs to < 1TB so I replaced it with a single WD 750GB sata2 HDD and that boots ok.

So guys, thanks again for all your hard work - best regards - Roy Campbell

p.s. If anyone has a Mac disk they cant read with a Mac OS - try hooking it to a PC via USB and run HFSExlorer to recover data. You may have to clone it to a good drive first.

Hi, I'm Eddie. After 4 days of Research and Disaster, I finally installed SnowLeo to an Asus M4A78LT-M. (i'm a tad mentally challenged). Phenom II 8 gig ripjaws, onboard ati I am grateful for the forums. Thank you for sharing your hard earned knowledge. The time messing around with Linux and FreeBSD sure came in handy for this project. Again, let me thank you all.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

yesterday santa claus bring me the inspiration to solve osx 10.7 over acer 5740g issues... now is stable and running...

and finally I've decided to write also here!

I'm Onef (you can call me in this way) from Italy!

glad to be here! :D

Hello all!

My Name is Ahmed Anssaien (Last name sounds like Insane,That's a good start with INSANElymac lol :D ) .I'm 18 years old.I'm From Morocco, specifically from Tetuan (NORTH).

I'm a student, singer/rapper/songwriter/computer doctor & a Parkour player.

I love this community for providing many solutions for having a great Hackintosh.It also inspires me to make my own solutions when I'm stuck.

Thank you so much.

Cheers!

• Like 1

G'day, Long time Aussie lurker, 1st time poster. This forum was a major source of inspiration when building my LifeHacker Hackintosh about 18 months ago, and is an absolute gold mine of OSx i386 info, not to mention the helpfulness of the many experienced hackintoshers here. Being a long time Windoze user I've forgotten most of my Linux and having to get re-acquainted. I enjoy the challenge of keeping the Hackintosh going and got to 10.6.8 before it all came crashing down. Hence my having to emerge from the panelling to seek help.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I came across these forums will seeking help with RefiT. I was happily surprised at the amount of knowledge and information being processed here and wanted to join. While I found insanelymac due to a problem, I hope to be able to contribute when I can.

Hi,

Let me introduce myself.

I'm Hans and live in the Netherlands.

A few weeks ago I managed to build my first Mac based on a gigabyte MB

I face one annoying issue that I could not get really fixed.

hopefully this forum will help me.

I will start a new topic with this issue.

Hey all! I'm a french hackintosh user and I just installed mountain lion on my SSD so here I am!

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 rev 1.0 F7

Intel Core i7 920 2.8Ghz

3x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CAS9

3x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz CAS9

Asus Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB

HighPoint RocketRaid 2310

4x500GB Samsung Spinpoint F1

-> 300GB Raid0(4disks) + 800GB Raid1-0(4 disks)

Hi everyone, I am a new wannabe hackintosh user and you can call me Teddy ;) I am trying to make my Laptop fully working with OS Lion and now I am stucked in the process. I went through a lot of tutorials, instructions, installed different kext and still stuck. So... this means, you'll see my posts more often around here.

Oh.. by the way... I am from Slovenia - Europe. You know where to find Slovenia? ;)

Seeya.

Hello all.

I'm a career-long mac user who's just found out about Hackintosh computers and figure it could be a great way to finally get some use ouut of an old Acer Aspire One I've got kicking around in the office somewhere (bought it, but couldn't ge on with windows)

Hopefully the members of this fine forum will be able to help me on my way and in turn perhaps I'll be able to help others. Suspect you all know OSX far better than I do though. As long as my Mac turns on on a monday and works 'til friday I'm a happy chappy - never stop to think about the voodoo going on under the surface. Guess that'll have to change now.

Greetings! I'm posting this from my freshly minted Hachintosh running OSX 10.6.8! I also own two iMacs (19" & 24"). Thanks for all the info I've gleaned from this and other hackintosh sites. There is a lot of information and how-to's out there as well as install and kext packages that made the task a whole lot easier. This hackintosh is one "community-created" machine!

Irvin.

• Like 1

Oh hi, I'm frank, I guess i first started getting into Hackintoshes back in the early leopard days, Back then i failed horribly XD (didn't set achi in bios and was doomed from the start) I'm really excited to be here. I now have my hack up and running. Much thanks to this community.

Oh and Hi from Vermont, Usa

Hi.

I'm Alexander,

I used the nickname Deamobile, switched it to Indernaad last year.

I can not restore the password since i cant access the email address anymore.

I started using OSX on my Toshiba Satellite 220A or something, Jas 10.4.6 release, and i build from there.

Learned a lot from this forum, and was a loyal member till 2009.

Had ome time off, picking up where i left off, so Hi!

Hi.

I'm Alexander,

I used the nickname Deamobile, switched it to Indernaad last year.

I can not restore the password since i cant access the email address anymore.

You could have written to contact@insanelymac.com

Welcome back, anyway

P.S. I can still reactivate your old account if you wish, you had quite few posts. But I can leave only one.

Oh no, I posted this first of all in the wrong area and created a topic, now thats not a good start is it? Anyway this is what I wrote and MODs feel free to delete the topic I created.

Hi im Chrisie, im 33 from Southampton, computer mad, music mad and love all types of operating systems including the old Amiga OS.

Never really had the chance to explore a Mac enough so now im trying to have a go.

Installed Mac OS on PC before and Laptop but having a few problems with an old KN1 SLI Lite, I refuse to quit lol

At home I run, computers in most rooms linked to one server. Windows, Linux but missing a Mac. Main studio PC uses eyefinity but I dont do gaming. I have an xbox 360

Could give you specs of everything but it would take me too long.

Chrisie x