10.6.8 officially released

shenor

371 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

I had a perfect installation(without sleep) w/ 10.6.7. I always booted w/ [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Legacy, but i upgraded,but it doesn't show up the circle under the apple logo. What should i do?

can anyone give me the IOACPIFAMILY.kext (10.6.8 version)?

because i updated fron 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 and restore iopcifamily, appleacpiplatform from 10.6.7 but I accidentally restore also ioacpifamily and now I have kp.. thanks to anyone that can help me..

works for me.. P5k-vm

Hey. I have the same m0b0, but I cannot fix the sound and the "orange harddrive" after update. I replaced the AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E with the one patched in 10.6.7, but no success, I patched the original one that always worked before, but no success.

I replaced the AHCIPortInjector.kext in /E/E, but also no success.

If you get the sound working, can you let me know how?

Thank you in advance.

I am n00b in dsdt and I cannot understand that klingon language.

Just rolled back to the ATI kexts from 10.6.7 and XFX 5770 works fine again.

Interesting - I may have fu@ked something up when I rolled the ATI kexts back last night!

Will try again but I'm failing to see the point of this update. If I install Lion it will be from scratch !

Could somebody tell me are we having to rollback IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform because there's no longer support for ICH7, 9 and 10???

EDIT - Or no support for ACPI v1.0?

Cheers

D

AD2000B:

Follow the same procedure for ALC....

Unzip the archive and place/overwrite the two file

Replace the layout12.xml and Platforms.xml into the AppleHDA/Contents/Resources/

Binpatch the binary as before for the 10.6.3 and up with the perl script

Delete the AD2000B.kext from Extra/Extensions

and rebuild Permission and caches for both

The DSDT HDEF entries still the same..

Fabio

Obviously AppleHDA + controller.kext need to be repatched as well.

/EDIT Arrrrghh, the Perl script that patches AppleHDA for AD2000B no longer works!! I opened up AppleHDA in a hex editor and the numbers that I'm supposed to patch are no longer there. At least AppleHDA from 10.6.7 still works.

I still have my 4 P-states but I don't see any CSTInfo in IORegistryExplorer anymore and ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo returns nothing.

CSTInfo was renamed/changed to AICPMVers.

Try running

ioreg -lw0 | grep AICPMVers

Not sure if the functionality remains the same though.

Ran combo updater, rebooted, it seemed to hang on PCI Configuration Begin.

But the HDD led kept flashing, it was booting anyway, except nothing happened on the screen.

I was able to restart blind using the keyboard.

Booted into my 10.6.3 install DVD partition, replaced the IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform kexts with ones from 10.6.7, fixed permissions. Booted fine this time, but I lost hardware accelerated graphics!

How do you replace the kexts with the "10.6.3 install DVD partition"? :)

Updated successfully, but networking is broken. Both WiFi and LAN doesn't work, also hangs for a while before login (although both devices are working perfectly on hardware level). Obviously a software bug. Seems like Apple has done some "improvements"

• Improve support for IPv6
  • Improve VPN reliability

Other things seem to work properly. Well, sort of... System is slow sometimes

EDIT:

Networking issue is the same as with Lion. Namely Apple80211Monitor.bundle. Fix is also the same as for Lion.

EDIT2:

The real fix is to use

<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F4208CC8</string>

in SMBIOS.plist plus newer Chameleon version that is able to load SMboardproduct key correctly. For me it was latest Chameleon trunk (1052). Thous Apple80211Monitor.bundle could be left alone.

Edited by 3.14r2

EP35-DS3P + E8400 + Gigabyte GT220 = OK (lucky me, no problem with PCI configuration begin)

EP45-UD3R + Q9400 + HD5770 = OK, but got bad experience about HDMI audio, broke shortly every 5-10 seconds (since 10.6.7), no HDMI audio problem with Lion.

Edit:

EP45-UD3R + GT220 = got boot screen and no spinning wheel but HDD light indicated it's working. no go, only boot screen, however; I could shut down by pressing keys. In -v mode, got [PCI configuration begin] and no go. I didn't use gfx-string.

Gigabyte G41M-E2SL worked fine except Audio, had to replace AppleHDA.

One minor issue: App Store does not work anymore: no GUID available. I delete NetworkInterface.plist a couple of times, no success after each reboot. iTunes works. Any ideas?

How do you replace the kexts with the "10.6.3 install DVD partition"? :censored2:

well I'm curious too how to replace kexts with DVD installer? because it always in read-only mode using terminal on the DVD installer ;)