• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Yes same thing for me, it gets to the end of boot in verbose then just sits there. I can ssh into the machine so it is up and running, just no graphics.

Have you tried a different framebuffer?
"Hoolock", 3 maybe .. had to put my machine back to 10.6.7 for now and forgot to try!

D

EDIT - does your machine normally sleep when you press the power button? if so do you see onscreen verbose message relating to sleep if you press power button when gfx has hung?

tasc

tasc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Have you tried a different framebuffer?
"Hoolock", 3 maybe .. had to put my machine back to 10.6.7 for now and forgot to try!

D

EDIT - does your machine normally sleep when you press the power button? if so do you see onscreen verbose message relating to sleep if you press power button when gfx has hung?

Just rolled back to the ATI kexts from 10.6.7 and XFX 5770 works fine again.

TomTheGeek

TomTheGeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I just upgraded after sleep worked in 10.6.7 :C.

Well, everything works, just gotta wait for 10.6.8's sleepenabler.

jbolted

jbolted

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Computer building, hacking, reading, fishing, movies. Learning things I can't figure out.
Just did the update to 10.6.8. But absolutely backed up first with Carbon Copy Cloner. Update went fine through software update. Sounds works, graphics good. Seems a little faster...

My hardware configs can be found in my signature if you want to see if it will work on similar HW. Using kakewalk W/Chameleon

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,034 posts
Ran combo updater, rebooted, it seemed to hang on PCI Configuration Begin.
But the HDD led kept flashing, it was booting anyway, except nothing happened on the screen.
I was able to restart blind using the keyboard.

Booted into my 10.6.3 install DVD partition, replaced the IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform kexts with ones from 10.6.7, fixed permissions. Booted fine this time, but I lost hardware accelerated graphics!

Installed the latest nvidia quadro drivers...
http://www.nvidia.co...f01-driver.html
...rebooted, got hardware acceleration back.

Obviously AppleHDA + controller.kext need to be repatched as well.
/EDIT Arrrrghh, the Perl script that patches AppleHDA for AD2000B no longer works!! I opened up AppleHDA in a hex editor and the numbers that I'm supposed to patch are no longer there. At least AppleHDA from 10.6.7 still works.

Hopefully someone can figure out this new PCI Configuration Begin/ACPI stuff in 10.6.8.
I saw some reports from people being able to boot by typing DSDT=no...very strange, unfortunately I forgot to try that before replacing kexts.

I still have my 4 P-states but I don't see any CSTInfo in IORegistryExplorer anymore and ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo returns nothing.

Asus P5Q-E (ICH10R/P45) C2D E8500, Geforce GTX 460. MacPro3,1 model identifier, retail install, latest Chameleon.

nisto91

nisto91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Could you upload the 10.6.7 IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform kexts? It would probably benefit a lot of people.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,082 posts

/EDIT Arrrrghh, the Perl script that patches AppleHDA for AD2000B no longer works!! I opened up AppleHDA in a hex editor and the numbers that I'm supposed to patch are no longer there. At least AppleHDA from 10.6.7 still works.

If you have sound working in LION use the SAME technique for SNOW.

multigl

multigl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I still have my 4 P-states but I don't see any CSTInfo in IORegistryExplorer anymore and ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo returns nothing.

I also appear to be missing CST -- Core i5 750 / Asus P7P55D (everything else works fine, no mods needed)

rednous

rednous

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, mac, progressive and house

yep, I also used 10.6.7 AppleHDA.kext

----

Anyone noticed this new Thunderbolt device in the System Profiler? (see attachment)
Attached File  Screen_shot_2011_06_24_at_8.19.58_AM.png   28.85KB   107 downloads

tompic823

tompic823

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Could you upload the 10.6.7 IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform kexts? It would probably benefit a lot of people.

Douggle uploaded them on page one.
http://www.insanelym...p...0539&st=19#

nisto91

nisto91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I'm getting !_controllerAvailable over and over with the 10.6.7 kexts.

blakken

blakken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I upgraded to 10.6.8 ,KP because of sleepenabler .Anybody knows what pm version to write in boot.apple.plist ?
Running Xbench shows score increase in my atom processor and opengl with gma950 (patched).

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Attached File  10.6.7_ACPI_PCI_Kexts.zip   494.03KB   437 downloads

habergowd

habergowd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello guys.

I had a perfect installation(without sleep) w/ 10.6.7. I always booted w/ ##### Legacy, but i upgraded,but it doesn't show up the circle under the apple logo. What should i do?

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 835 posts
Rex III

C2RC5 Rev 1046

Nothing special, just an AppleHDA to reinstall.

Ready for Lion.. or not.

TamauJabuk

TamauJabuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi guys,
10.6.8 working on my Toshiba laptop.

Installed 10.6.8. via System update, removed SleepEnabler from my USB booting stick, reinstalled VoodooHDA-2.7.2.pkg.

Sound is working. Sleep not working.

by

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Updated without any problem, but now the whole system slower a little bit. :/

alexandros7

alexandros7

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
can anyone give me the IOACPIFAMILY.kext (10.6.8 version)?
because i updated fron 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 and restore iopcifamily, appleacpiplatform from 10.6.7 but I accidentally restore also ioacpifamily and now I have kp.. thanks to anyone that can help me..

JBraddock

JBraddock

Ph.D (Can) in Human Rights

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
Asus P5K SE, QX6850 CPU, 8600GTS, ALC883 and AtherosL1E.
No problem so far. Sleep is working well including auto sleep.
Using AppleHDA of 10.6.7.

Edit: New Audio Kext.

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

works for me.. P5k-vm

Hey. I have the same m0b0, but I cannot fix the sound and the "orange harddrive" after update. I replaced the AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E with the one patched in 10.6.7, but no success, I patched the original one that always worked before, but no success.

I replaced the AHCIPortInjector.kext in /E/E, but also no success.

If you get the sound working, can you let me know how?

Thank you in advance.

I am n00b in dsdt and I cannot understand that klingon language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy