Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

yes , system works fine chameleon RC4

after install RC5 is problem

You know that you are supposed to also install again boot0 and booth etc. if you do it manually...

The old binaries are not compatible with RC5!

Please read the documentation in the standalone package, if you can.

You know that you are supposed to also install again boot0 and booth etc. if you do it manually...

The old binaries are not compatible with RC5!

Please read the documentation in the standalone package, if you can.

Instal package Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r530.pkg and Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r518.pkg

not works

sorry my english , i brazilian , only speak portuguese

The installer crashes when trying to install. Only makes it past the first screen.

Sometimes if I click too fast on the next button it doesn't allows me to select any other device than root disk, but if I reopen it and click slowly it works.

Hi, I am on the same boat as Macfanatic76. I use a Nvidia 8800GT and no mater what I try I get the same nasty "ROM Revision: 0x00"., instead of internal... No idea what to do ! Can someone try to fix that ?! We do something wrong ?!

This post is not intended to offer support on chameleon issue, it's only about the issue of the installer, You better make your question to in the chameleon developers forum. Sorry but i don't have any clue about what your problem could be solved

yes , system works fine chameleon RC4

after install RC5 is problem

again this post is not for problems with chameleon . If RC5 gives problems we can't solve them, but if the installer fails maybe we can help :D

any of the other 54 downloaders can please report if any of the strange behaviors appened to XLR and kdawg appened to someone else?

kdawg, have you tried it in 32bit mode?

XLR what mode are you using? and if you select another volume are the options selectable (no skip)?

XLR what mode are you using? and if you select another volume are the options selectable (no skip)?

I've tried it on two different computers running Retail 10.6.3 in English, and when i got to the customize screen all options were selectable but most of the titles look screwed up like in the picture i posted earlier.

The installer works, thou it didn't asked for reboot or logout after installation. Here's the results (look at the files marked Today)

screenshot20100915at113.png

I found a critical bug!

System will not boot if i choose "Ignore Caches" on bootup. System just hangs after short time.

Had no problems with any prior boot loaders to this RC5.

System is listed below in SIG (first desktop)

Would be happy to help developers, any more information needed just ask.

So this is the first update i have installed in a while, and when i rebooted, the nice graphic was not there, just this (see picture). And, when I went to check out the utility, it was only a terminal file that said this when I opened it

Last login: Mon May 17 16:27:23 on console
/Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
Sams-EP45-UD3R:~ sam$ /Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
"boot-log" property not found.
logout

[Process completed]

Any ideas?

post-489730-1284595901_thumb.jpg

So this is the first update i have installed in a while, and when i rebooted, the nice graphic was not there, just this (see picture). And, when I went to check out the utility, it was only a terminal file that said this when I opened it

Last login: Mon May 17 16:27:23 on console
/Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
Sams-EP45-UD3R:~ sam$ /Extra/Util/bdmesg ; exit;
"boot-log" property not found.
logout

[Process completed]

Any ideas?

You have still r432 (not r530) when bdmesg was not yet implemented

I've tried it on two different computers running Retail 10.6.3 in English, and when i got to the customize screen all options were selectable but most of the titles look screwed up like in the picture i posted earlier.

The installer works, thou it didn't asked for reboot or logout after installation. Here's the results (look at the files marked Today)

It's all ok then, the title and description are full implemented only in Italian specially for the new function, I'll make the english text to translate for all who want to contribute with translations.

It will not ask for a reboot or logout because it's not needed to have it working.

I found a critical bug!

System will not boot if i choose "Ignore Caches" on bootup. System just hangs after short time.

If you want to help, post in the developers forum, or make an issue in the forge.

Hi installed the latest package (this is the first of the rc5 i use) and bootloader get stucks in the booting process.

I booted in verbose mode and i saw it stucks at Sound assertion "0 !=widget ->setUnsolicited and then says something about Apple HDA. Anyh thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Such things, if WORKED before with other Chameleon Version may happen if you activated P-States+C-STates generation (normally both off by default) and have an overclocked CPU. I would first disable the P-States/C-States generationa and try again.

2 things may happen : To less VID (Volts) for OCed PStates and/or an P-State 0 (fastest) with multi 10* if you setup OC by high FSB (266>333) but lowered multi (10>9*) in BIOS. Both problems arent not a bug in that part, they occour by OC and the automatic generator hasnt the AI to use OCed usable parameters.

No, chameleon would not make any problems with Audio.

Only : If you need 32 Bit Kernel Mode you may check your kernelflags!

You need arch=i386 (32 Bit Mode) with newer chameleon versions, older worked with -x32 (or other).

Guys, can you stop the nonsense of mentioning HEAD and Base revisions as Chameleon revisions!? please :P

Chameleon is at rev 517 and that's it!! There were no changes made to the trunk on rev's 518 or 530, for instance.

From svn help:

Azi@AziLandz:~

>svn help up

update (up): Bring changes from the repository into the working copy.

usage: update [PATH...]

If no revision is given, bring working copy up-to-date with HEAD rev.

Else synchronize working copy to revision given by -r.

A simple e.g.:

svn up -r 517

will synchronize you trunk folder to the specified rev and if you have troubles finding out the latest trunk revision,

then i'd suggest the use of a svn client like Versions or Cornerstone, it will ease the pain a bit,

assuming you already know the Terminal way.

Thanks

I found a critical bug!

yes. this happens for me too. it hangs at PCI root detection. only with the -f flag.

I've been having this problem with a few past revisions.

Yes, it hangs at PCI root detection when "Ignore Caches" are selected, so this problem must be widespread. Hmmm I wonder if there is a formal way to submit bug?

No, chameleon would not make any problems with Audio.

Only : If you need 32 Bit Kernel Mode you may check your kernelflags!

You need arch=i386 (32 Bit Mode) with newer chameleon versions, older worked with -x32 (or other).

Can i uninstall chameleon and install rc4 that worked fine or i can just install on top ?

Can i uninstall chameleon and install rc4 that worked fine or i can just install on top ?

just instal RC4 and RC5 will be overwritten

Yes, it hangs at PCI root detection when "Ignore Caches" are selected, so this problem must be widespread. Hmmm I wonder if there is a formal way to submit bug?

Yes, you need to open an issue on the forge

Rev 530 has old polish translation with outdated Localizable.strings. In menu there are non translated options like Generate-P-States_title. Please remove this translation until I'll post a new one.

Thanks.

The package for now is just a "test".

I'm making the english Localizable.strings with all the options. ASAP i'll post it so anybody can translate it. When I have the translations I'll add them.