945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

So... Any news about the sigmatel 9223?? I guess it still doesn't work, does it?

no this does not, but I simply just installed it I haven't looked at it yet so maybe I can mod it to work if it works with the 9220, give me a week since I'm too busy this week to look at it.

i'm also running some tests with the 9223.

as of now it appears the 9223 can be recognized by the system (output only) and audio applications pipe sound to it, but no sound is actually produced through any of the outputs. (i havent tested digital/optical out though and i have a theory sound is actually being piped there but i have no way to test it)

the chip for the 9220 and the 9223 are the same. the 9223 just adds support for the ADAT Optical output.

i'm at a wall atm, but have someone running a few tests for me to see where to go next with it... so maybe between me and thesin something might come of it.

it mostly just seems the chip is confused about what pins to send the audio through to me.

has anyone used the audio header connection? my board appears to have an internal connection for audio in addition the external standard ports, but i have no way of connecting them. i may play around with that and see if audio is being piped there.

i'm also running some tests with the 9223.

as of now it appears the 9223 can be recognized by the system (output only) and audio applications pipe sound to it, but no sound is actually produced through any of the outputs. (i havent tested digital/optical out though and i have a theory sound is actually being piped there but i have no way to test it)

the chip for the 9220 and the 9223 are the same. the 9223 just adds support for the ADAT Optical output.

i'm at a wall atm, but have someone running a few tests for me to see where to go next with it... so maybe between me and thesin something might come of it.

it mostly just seems the chip is confused about what pins to send the audio through to me.

has anyone used the audio header connection? my board appears to have an internal connection for audio in addition the external standard ports, but i have no way of connecting them. i may play around with that and see if audio is being piped there.

I haven't no but I was thinking about it, and your further then me, my kexts load but I don't get and output device. But like I said I just installed it and flushed my kext cache and rebooted so haven't tried much.

I have ICH7 SATA Controller so i cannot install ......

I don't know how to install this mac ox 10.4.5

My System config

Intel 945GNT

Intel Pentium 4 @3.0GHz

2 X 1GB DDR2 RAM @ 533MHz

256MB PCIE Nvdia Graphics Adapter

160GB SATA HDD

80GB SATA HDD

Please some one help me how to install the os x 10.4.5 in my system.....

Thanks in advance...

I have ICH7 SATA Controller so i cannot install ......

I don't know how to install this mac ox 10.4.5

My System config

Intel 945GNT

Intel Pentium 4 @3.0GHz

2 X 1GB DDR2 RAM @ 533MHz

256MB PCIE Nvdia Graphics Adapter

160GB SATA HDD

80GB SATA HDD

Please some one help me how to install the os x 10.4.5 in my system.....

Thanks in advance...

No offense to anyone, but this is getting a bit out of hand. There is so much information in the forums that will help everyone. This thread is filled with please help me's... Read and search the forums. 99% of your answers are there, you just need to look. There are over 300 posts in this thread alone. Half of which could be deleted since they serve no valuable purpose besides people asking for help without describing anything.

Prime example is the quoted post above. How are we supposed to know what you did or didn't do. Do you know how to download and burn the ISO? If no, then start there... If your system hangs after OSX starts, then that’s a different thing. We are not mind readers and I am tired of getting PM's asking for help because someone is new or doesn't know how to install. Do you want us to come to your house and hold your hand? Read. That’s how the rest of us got things working. What kind of system do you have? Is it a laptop or desktop? Did you build it, if so what motherboard? SATA is working for everyone else. What is your problem?

I can go on and on... Read people!! Search people!! You know enough to find this forum so use it and don't expect people to give you every answer especially since you have no real question besides I don't know how.

Take a look at other posts and see how descriptive they are. That’s what you need to do. Ask specific questions and search for specific information. This {censored} clogging up the forum is useless and I can see why people keep asking stupid :I don’t know how to install questions”, because they are to lazy to read all the posts since most of them are BS like this one.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are those of us that keep answering the same question over and over...

For the Sigmatel audio using 10.4.5 extract the AppleHDA.kext from the attached zip file and place it in your extensions folder and then open terminal and run the following:

sudo chmod –R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

and

sudo chown –R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Now open Disk Editor and repair permisions then reboot...

Reply with your Sigmatel 922X part number if it works. Also if audio in and out both work.

Good luck!

Thank You! Finally got my Dell's E510 speakers to work. I had to connect the speakers to the black output (sorround connector) instead of the green (line-out connector) at the back. The headphone jack up front works well too. Currently running OS 10.4.6.

Dell E510 Pentium 4 2.80Ghz (2 CPUs)

Sigmatel STAC9220 HD Audio

• 3 weeks later...
This worked like a charm!

Ven: 8384 Dev: 7680

Thanks man!

Glad everything worked for you. Seems like the mactel movement has stalled unfortunately. Personally, I haven't even booted OSX in quite some time. The lack of drivers for my peripherals is hindering my transition. Hopefully there will be more compatibility with peripherals and applications. Then I will make the full time switch. Seems like vista will be out prior to total compatibility and we will see what it has to offer. If it is a good as OSX, then I may scrap the entire transition.

Not working on mine

dell 1405 laptop

osx 10.4.5 shows no audio installed

dxdiag reports HDAUDIO\FUNC_01VEN_8384DEV_7690SUBSYS_1

from linux..

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9200

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x83847690

Subsystem Id: 0x102801d8

Revision Id: 0x102201

Default PCM: rates 0x7e0, bits 0x0e, types 0x1

Default Amp-In caps: N/A

Default Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1

Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0xd0401: Stereo

Power: 0x0

Node 0x03 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x1d0541: Stereo

Power: 0x0

Connection: 1

0x0a

Node 0x04 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x140311: Stereo Digital

PCM: rates 0x160, bits 0x0e, types 0x5

Connection: 1

0x08

Node 0x05 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x40211: Stereo Digital

PCM: rates 0x1e0, bits 0x0e, types 0x5

Node 0x06 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0x40211: Stereo Digital

Node 0x07 [Audio Selector] wcaps 0x300901: Stereo

Connection:3

0x02* 0x08 0x0a

• 1 month later...

Thanks dscrap

Now i have audio and network with your help.

I´m using D459GTP with a sigmatel 9220 and Pro/100 VE ethernet.

Thanks dscrap

Now i have audio and network with your help.

I´m using D459GTP with a sigmatel 9220 and Pro/100 VE ethernet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thank You! Finally got my Dell's E510 speakers to work. I had to connect the speakers to the black output (sorround connector) instead of the green (line-out connector) at the back. The headphone jack up front works well too. Currently running OS 10.4.6.

Dell E510 Pentium 4 2.80Ghz (2 CPUs)

Sigmatel STAC9220 HD Audio

Now I was wondering why the heck I was getting sound through the front headphone jack but not through the back lol .. well now I know! Anyway just to confirm this is the way to go for anyone else with the Dell E510 :)

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

MSI 945g MB

Got audio working with proper ACL882 mod in Kext and deleting AppleHDA kext.

Networking is fine.

Restart not working but shutdown works fine. I get a blue screen without final restart when using he restart button.

Tried modifying the Mac_Kernel as was suggested and was able to at least shut down with the restart function, but still no actual restart.

Any suggestions

sg

• 2 months later...

Got it working well. Thanks.

As a side note, I have not been able to get the AppleHDA.kext working properly and thus, no line in. I DO have line in working with my ECS MB that has the ALC880 audio chipset, but despite altering the appropriate Vender and Device ID numbers in the AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.5.and 10.4.6, I have not been successfull. I have yet to find a documented solution and thus am stuck without line in using built in audio with this motherboard. I can get line in with USB or Firewire sound devices though. Thanks again!

:afro: I just wanted to update my install. I now have 10.4.7 installed and working very well. The problem I was having was the boot was locking up at the blue screen, after the grey apple screen. I did not know exactly what patches/programs to install on my vaio notebook. I have an intel core solo sse, sse2, and sse3. I have learned that the newer cpu's are mostly sse3. What I found was if your computer supports sse2 and sse3 to install the sse3 patch.( not both ) The reason the boot was locking up is I did not have the update to 10.4.7 box checked to install. I thought originally that was only to update from 10.4.6 . So I did some searching to find out why the boot was locking up at startup. What I read was the other people who were having this problem,they thought is was due to having a certain display /graphics card. Alot of the people have the GMA900 from intel, which is what I have.

Some people say you have to hook up an external moniter to get the OS to boot. But with me at least that was not the case. :):superman::smoke:

My notebook specs:

Sony Vaio VGN-N11OG

intel core solo with sse,sse2,sse3 support

intel GMA900 Card

windows xp and osx 10.4.7

What I installed of the disk:

core install programs (standard )

10.4.7 update

GMA900 support

wireless networking support

OSX is running very well and most power pc apps install and run. My next thing is to get wifi working, and sound. Not sure what the problem is there. So I hope this helps someone, I know it would of helped me when I was starting.

Thanks to those who helped me. And to all that make this site what it is :D:D:D:yoji::yoji:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everybody I finaly upgraded my hackintosh to 10.4.10 and everything seems to work fine, except for the shut down which keeps hanging after next boot. Except for that everything ok. Audio working with ApplHDApatcher v1.16 and using the right dump for sigmatel 9223 (follow the thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...859&hl=d945 ). Audio is coming from the right jacks. I have to say that I upgraded my kernel to 8.8.1 or higher. Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT is working fine with titan. Networking working good as explained back in this thread.

Applications are running ok to:

Adobe CS3 web designer, I had to update AppleSMBIOS.kext.

iWork 08 and ILife 08 running good.

Toast 8 ok

Office 2004 working fine

The only thing not working is the Shut down issue.

My system:

Intel D945GNTLR MB

2.5 GB DDR2

XFX GeForce 7300 GT 256 DDR2

Seagate Barracuda 80 GB SATA

Lite On IDE DVD ±R DL

post-15334-1187195809_thumb.png

post-15334-1187195822_thumb.png

post-15334-1187195838_thumb.png

post-15334-1187195919_thumb.png

Hello!

"HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How to install driver for HP dv1000(dv1156cl), Chipset 855, i downloaded more of 100 files and don't work.

i created a hosting for this project files in

I need the "AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext" and drivers for my video card.

If your have any idea or file upload please to:

Thaks to all!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is the ( previous ) link to the full kext package, which I will keep current:

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=053M62I...971RXLMW4OYG3LC }}}

cyrana hey im sry to disturb u but plzzzz can u do me a favour plzplzplzplz :blowup: ... i just want the same kext for Sigmatel HD 9220 (full package kext) that u've uploaded before cause this link is not working right now soo plz can u plz plz pl zpplz upload a new one for but the same one ..for me plzzz :blowup: ....

thank u soo much uhmmwhoaaxx luv ya alot .. :help:

<Bikal pradhan >

FRoM>Hongkong>

Intel pentium D945PLRN

ASUS X1300 Graphic

Moniter Topcon

Sound card on board Sigmatel HD

VEN8384 Dev7680

Sound card-SB x-fi fatelity platinum

Hard disk- Sata 1TB

Firewire Apogee