[Guide] P6X58D Premium. Retail 10.6.4 Install. :)

kup

247 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a P6X58D-E and I've decided to give a try to this guide. In the last few days I've tried other guides with absolutely no success.

Here is my config

ASUS P6X58D-E

i7 920

3x2GB Corsair XMS3

Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD (ATi 5870)

2xSamsung HD502HJ 500GB SATA II (I have installed Windows on the first, few days ago I bought the second one which is connected to SATA port n.2 and it's totally blank, never formatted even in Windows)

LG writer SATA

So I tried MARS 123 v2 and with those commands:

-v -x cpus=1 busratio=20

-v -x cpus=4 busratio=20 arch=i386

it worked. It loaded everything, but then (maybe in the moment I'd get to OS X setup finally) I got a blank black screen, my monitor gets into standby mode with message "NO DVI SIGNAL" and fans get 100% speed. Why? Can the 5870 be the problem? Or what? Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english :lol: one more thing: I've tried with all 6GB of RAM plugged in, could it be this? I prefer to do not disconnect one module because sometimes my P6X58D-E gives me issues with recognizing all of them once I put them all in, so I prefer to do not touch them, but you tell me what I have to do! :) Thanks

PS=all guides I've tried to follow get me load something but this, so please help me because I feel I'm getting around the target to have an Hackintosh working on my desk :)

Hi there,

This is my system:

Asus P6X58D Premium

Intel Core i7 930

HDD 1.5TB Seagate

NVidia Asus GTX480

6GB RAM,

I was try -v -x cpus=4 busratio=21 arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1 (and some other flags) and I was success enter Mac OS install screen. I can use Disk Utilities but I got error like picture:

img0010cq.jpg

It say Mac OS X can't be installled on this computer. And I have only two choice: Restore From Backup or Restart.

What can I do next? (So sorry, my bad English)

Thank so much.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

This is my system:

Asus P6X58D Premium

Intel Core i7 930

HDD 1.5TB Seagate

NVidia Asus GTX480

6GB RAM,

I was try -v -x cpus=4 busratio=21 arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1 (and some other flags) and I was success enter Mac OS install screen. I can use Disk Utilities but I got error like picture:

img0010cq.jpg

It say Mac OS X can't be installled on this computer. And I have only two choice: Restore From Backup or Restart.

What can I do next? (So sorry, my bad English)

Thank so much.

Tony

I did it.

Thanks forums a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can confirm that the drivers in this guide work with lion and mald0n's bootable usb guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729. I have been running the GM on this Mobo for two days, no issues whatsoever. Everything works EXCEPT SLEEP (which I could care less about on a desktop). I can also confirm that there are drivers for NVidia GTX 5XX Series as I am running a GTX 570 with QE/CI and 2 monitors.

Specs are as following:

CPU: Intel Xeon W3520 @ 4.00 GHz

RAM: 12 GB G.Skill DDR3 2000 @ 1914MHz

Boot Drive: OCZ Vertex Turbo 30 GB SSD

Graphics: Zotac NVidia GTX 570

Ive just done the update and I now have no sound, can I ask how you did the audio roll back?

Thanks

Sorry for not responding sooner. I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to do an AppleHDA rollback. I finally upgraded to 10.6.8 now and did the rollback and audio works :hysterical:

I installed snow leopard using this guide last year and I've managed to install all the updates up to 10.6.7 using updated kexts, etc. I just got a copy of Lion and was wondering if i can simply upgrade from the current installation and obtain all the necessary kexts for it or if I have to do a clean install. I loved the idea of installing OS X on a PC but honestly, installing from scratch was more work than it was worth. It took me nearly a month working on it every day to get EVERYTHING working perfectly. (mainly video and audio) I don't think I would do it again if I had to (this is why I have several images of my hard drive with working versions of snow leopard)

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got my DVD in the mail. So far I am doing pretty well. Was having some issues at first, due to my GTX480, it would hang at the mac address screen, all I had to do was boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and it worked perfectly. Now I am currently trying to get my PS/2 Keyboard to work properly. I have a USB mouse and a PS/2 Keyboard which will not work. I have a very cheap USB keyboard that works but its just bad. I dont know what to try anymore to be able to have a USB Mouse and a PS/2 Keyboard. Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to install my first hackintosh following this guide but whit no success.

I use the V2 boot loader, set the Bios as show in first page.

My configuration is:

Asus P6X58D

Intel i7 950

GeForce 8400GS

6GB of ram

when I boot with -x -v parameters the installation stop with this line:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPluin::start-waitforsrvice(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)time ut

yukon: Ethernet address "mac address"

if I boot with: -x32 -v arch=i386 I get the error show here:

post-890716-1317762781_thumb.jpg

Can you help me?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Fist, Thanks a lot! Everything went nicely and easily on (so far):

P6x58D-E

Hardware Raid0 eSata Device with 4 drives. -volumes handled by external unit (was connected to marvel during install)

ati 6870

Install went 100% but now when bootloader suppose to be normal I get

boot0: error

I can use 321 to boot into the OS which has NIC, no audio, not sure about firewire (but need it), shutdown works but not reboot -it hangs

First I had a problem at 29 minutes remaining. I noticed when I made my 2TB volume 1.5TB it reported 2tb during install and failed

I rebooted and created the full 2TB partition, then went 100% successful.

Is it the video card? :(

Again, Good job

Edit: Oh Gosh. I thought I printed the whole thread out, but it was only the first page. Perhaps my answer is there. I did try the manual method, to no avail.

Still Boot0: error

When I sudo, after applying password I get _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

I've reinstalled completely (for whatever dumb reason) following every exact step with no objections to no result.

But with hard drive unit connected to standard, non-Marvel ports

This is the same bootloader as whats on the CD?

Even with the manual modiify of disk part, nothing.

Hope thread isn't dead?

Edit: Guess I'm writing off a day to this one. Maybe someone will respond soon. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finished the build on my second hack using a sabertooth x58 MB Bios 1304, 8g DDR3, and a PNY DDRV-258 graphics card. I reset the bios and created a boot disk both per first post. My install DVD is 10.5.4.

After the boot CD boots cham I get is get the following error message:

EBIOS read error: Error 0x01

Block 0xfabe60 Sectors 0

Block 0xfabe60 Sectors 0

Block 0xfabe60 Sectors 0

Block 0xfabe60 Sectors 0

I tried all combinations of boot commands, no luck.

Advise is appreciated!

• 11 months later...

Ok, i know this thread is quite old, but my hackintosh is running great because of this guide, thanks again Kup!

But recently, i stumbled upon a strange problem, which is called iLok2! (i know, i know... but i need it, my machine is built specifically for music production!)

The weird thing is, EVERYTHING, including USB's works great. Only when i try to initialize plugin, which runs on a host software (Logic), and requires an iLok2, i have to wait somewhere between 5-10 minutes before i can work again, when it should be initialized not more than in about 1-3 seconds (slowest)! I already tested and ruled out iLok2 itself, on win7 (reaper) it works normally fast and on my MacBook (Logic) also!

I am still running SL 10.6.8

Please, help anyone! I cannot work, until i sort this out!

Toni

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, haven't been here for a while.  Have been using my hack with the great guide from Kup on pg1, & recently I've just upgraded my graphics from nVidia 270 to Quadro 4000.  I would love to use the display port output, however the hack doesn't support it.  Anyone has any idea how to enable DP for the hack?

Right now I'm toggling between cables for DP/Win7 & DVI/mac partitions.  Would like to be just using the DP for both

Any tips on how to go about it is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

:D