iATKOS S3 is released!

176 posts in this topic

i used transmac to transfer the kernel, my mouse and keyboard only worked with the apple kext (voodoo one didn't work), audio work with the voodo kext (apple one didnt work), my wifi (atheros ar9285) and intel (hd graphic) as of now doesnt have drivers, i'm gonna wait until all my hardware is supported to try again, thanks for all your help verdant

Glad to help and pleased that you have made good progress.......... :(

This is great news. iatkos has always been the best and easiest distro for me. Im currently running 10.5.8 and everything is working well. I dual boot between Windows 7 and OSX, and I use Chameleon V2 to do it. Do I have to reinstall the bootloader as well, or can I just keep things. I.e. do I hav toe nuke the HFS partition, and reinstall SL from fresh or can I do an inplace upgrade?

This is great news. iatkos has always been the best and easiest distro for me. Im currently running 10.5.8 and everything is working well. I dual boot between Windows 7 and OSX, and I use Chameleon V2 to do it. Do I have to reinstall the bootloader as well, or can I just keep things. I.e. do I hav toe nuke the HFS partition, and reinstall SL from fresh or can I do an inplace upgrade?

You don't have to reinstall the bootloader - but you might want to install a more recent version. Keep in mind that your 10.5 kexts won't work under 10.6. With Chameleon 2 you can have separate 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 folders in the extra-folder. I think the folder structure should be like this: inside Extra a 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 folder and in each one an extensions-folder. I'm not 100% sure whether that's correct - look for a chameleon guide.

Delete or update - I think there is some advice at uphucks site - see first post. IMO you can't update 10.5 to 10.6 but you can install without losing tons of files. Anyway I would make a backup first.

When you install 10.6 you can of course import all kind of files from another partition, 10.5 in your case. But I heard that can cause problems.

Conclusion: I would buy a USB or better eSATA hd, make a backup on one partition, install 10.6 on another one and if everything works, clone the system to the internal hd.

please, take the time to read the forum rules :

No posting of direct or indirect links to warez or pirated pieces of software, this includes cracks, serials and torrents.

this also mean that forums that contain such pirated software, are also forbidden here

Thanks, uphuck, for the info and your contribution to the OSx86 scene. This DVD booted up amazingly well on my Dell Inspiron 1720. I'm still tweaking the settings so I cannot report how well it's running but the iATKOS releases have always worked for me so I am confident this will as well.

dear moderator,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179654

doesn't the topic above include a link to another osx86 release (pirated software) homepage? reg and get the links. it is sure an indirect way as the rules.. not surprised tough, have a nice day.

i checked his forum and found no direct links, but i have easily found torrent links on yours ......

ps:

Do not publicly argue the decision of a moderator. If you disagree with a moderator take it up with them in private via PM.

do not mean to not argue the decision of a moderator, but never publicly, if you are not agree you can contact me, another moderator or an admin

ps2 : 2 rules broken in 2 post ....

I'm getting this panic at boot with all kernels and commands except pcj kernel:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5784/52868427.jpg

With pcj kernel, I able to enter to setup and install, but system starts too slow. So i want to use standart kernel(qoopz).

Are there any way to overcome this firewire panic issue?

Get rid of firewire kexts. It worked for me.

You boot in 32 or 64?

I can't get LAN and resolution to work in 64bit. :/

I'm getting this panic at boot with all kernels and commands except pcj kernel:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5784/52868427.jpg

With pcj kernel, I able to enter to setup and install, but system starts too slow. So i want to use standart kernel(qoopz).

Are there any way to overcome this firewire panic issue?

Are you using version 2 ?.

Hi,

I'm stuck on Darwin boot .

"Loaded HFS+ file: [system/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist]....

Boot with -v cpus-1 busratıo-20

gives the same thing.

Where did I make things wrong.

CPU: Disable bit, Virtualization, HT are Disabled (everything else Enabled)

All settings are Auto in BIOS except ram sticks working at 1600Mhz. instead of 2000Mhz

Sata: as AHCI

Any help appreciated.

M3N78-VM

M3N78-CM

Both with phenom ..

:censored2:

I have the M3N78-VM and I boot iAtkos S3 V2 fine... load the install perfectly.

I Not try install but it boot perfectly on this mobo.

Is there a generic DSDT in this install? Ins't the DSDT the biggest issue to have a nearly 100% perfect DSDT?

For my Dell XPS M1530 I have a near 100% DSDT. C-State (_CST) and LPC need more work. The Desktop I have is the Giigabyte E45-UD3P and P35 chipsets. There is a thread on this for many of their motherboards. They have provided a BIOS that gives you and EFI type upgrade.

I would think that the install and post install would be even more flawless on a system that has the EFI Bios hack?

Same with the XPS M1530 Dell Laptop. I have a near 100% perfect DSDT so I can just install retail. I actually have and only needed the PS2 voodoo kexts for the laptop as well as the voodooHDA for sound, fakesmc and smbios.plst. Also the VoodooBattery and VoodooSMHC for the memory card slots. Thats it 100% vanilla except those kexts in /extra.

Anyhow any progress on a universal EFI for PC and Laptops or nothing still in the near future?

I have a MAcPro but will nto buy a MacBook Pro until they decide to make the hard drive easy to replace like on PC Laptops and to have eSATA on them.

Until then I won't even look at a MacBook Pro!!

What kind of processor do you have on xps m1530? I've T7500 and I've brett's DSDT for any cpu. can you post me your DSDT please?

Has anyone tried installing it on a SAS drive?? boot from SAS controller...I have some problems...Dis cannot find any drives attached...my controller is LSI, can see it in boot and it is MPT fusion which apple use this ...strange

I would like to give my utmost thanks to InsanelyMac and everyone involved with making iATKOS S3 a reality. From my experience this is an incredibly rock solid and powerful release as we have come to expect from the iATKOS distros of OSX86. Previously, I had been running iATKOS 7 (Software Updated to 10.5.8) on my Psystar tower equipped with the Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550, 8GB RAM, two 1TB hard disks and the Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT. This system was running quite smoothly but nowhere near the blazing speed it's running now! I did a clean install then software updated to 10.6.4 flawlessly restored all my files from the old system's user folder and I couldn't be more pleased. Just thought I would give props to the creators and my positive feedback on this landmark release. Thanks!

My-iATKOS-S3.gif

that's the problem, there is no modbin kernel in customize, is only available to boot the dvd

thanks

I've gotten it installed now without using a custom kernal on my Asus U50F Laptop using iATKOS S3 v2 DVD.

Instructions so far...

for boot option enter busratio=16

This seems to do the trick, right now im working on drivers for graphics, wireless, and wired. Don't know about the other stuff yet, but i'll update you guys. I'm booting into a black screen atm, but I am retrying without selecting any Video drivers this time. Let me know if anyone tracks down a video driver for this... in device manager is shows the Display adapter as a Intel HD Card... whatever the hell that is.