iATKOS S3 is released!

176 posts in this topic

I've tried to install this and I get a kernal panic the moment it starts to copy files, infact i can still boot into the Leopard install i am trying to install over. Also tried this on a new hard drive.

Getting a double panic error.

"Panic: Trying to interlock destoyed Mutex

Backtrace (cpu1) (4 potential args on stack) (double panic)"

• 2 weeks later...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Im a complete novice and not sure how to install this and what options to choose...

Ive got an Dell Inspiron 6400 currently with ubuntu on it.

Ive ran the hardware info cmd and this is what it says-

*-core

description: Motherboard

product: 0KD882

vendor: Dell Inc.

*-firmware

description: BIOS

vendor: Dell Inc.

physical id: 0

version: A17 (06/13/2007)

*-cpu

description: CPU

product: Genuine Intel® CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz

vendor: Intel Corp.

physical id: 400

bus info: cpu@0

clock: 133MHz

capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon bts aperfmperf pni monitor est tm2 xtpr pdcm cpufreq

configuration: id=0

*-memory

description: System Memory

physical id: 1000

slot: System board or motherboard

size: 1GiB

description: Host bridge

product: Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub

vendor: Intel Corporation

description: Audio device

product: N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller

vendor: Intel Corporation

description: Wireless interface

product: BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN

vendor: Broadcom Corporation

description: Ethernet interface

product: BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX

vendor: Broadcom Corporation

description: SD Host controller

product: R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter

vendor: Ricoh Co Ltd

Any tips or pointers would be really appreciated

Just looking for a little help on this.

I was wondering if anyone (or even uphuck himself) could tell me which kext's were added/modified to do the Realtek 8168 wired networking option on the install DVD. I think that was the only real customization I used and I'm trying to see if I can get a vanilla install going. So basically if I want to REMOVE the realtek 8168 (I have an 8111c chipset) that I installed during the dvd installation what would I do? Thanks in advance and thanks for the great distro!

Background info:

iAtkos s3 version 2 installed on my system...updated to 10.6.4 with the snow leopard graphics update 1.0 as well.

Everything is working that I can think of...sound, LAN, graphics, everything.

• 3 weeks later...

:wacko: fantastic easy install I like to make Donation for the great work on this. I have tried many times to install OSX on my PC I now have 10.6.4 up and running.

I have a GB EP45-UD3L motherboard

Intel 2.4 GHZ Dual Core

2GB memory I will upgrade soon

running X64

9500 GT 1 GB Nivida Controller

500 GB Western Digital hard drive

750 GB Western Digital running Windows 7

Auto installed almost perfect! monitor resolution was off fixed with the Nivida.kext

remaining issues:

LG DVD Sata drive doesn't work or recognized won't even open

USB keyboard doesn't work 100% like in terminal or waking

Sometimes doesn't wake

please help fix these issues!

when i try to do the md5 i get a mismatch... also i booted the dvd anyway on my evga 750i sli and i got a grey stop sign on the apple logo and it just hangs their

then ... redownload.

I too am a total novice regarding hackintosh. I have tried all the major boot loaders with retail discs, iAtkos S3 V2, Hazard 10.6.3 but I get stuck in the loading before installer ever starts, usually kernel panics or still waiting on root device errors.

System Specs

Gigabyte M68M-S2p reg 2.3

AMD Athlon 2 X3 445 3.1GHz processor

ATI Radeon 4550 1GB PCI Express with HDMI, DVI & VGA out

4GB Kingston DDR 2 667mhz dual channel ram

Seagate 500gb SATA HDD

Sony Optiarc 20X Sata DVD-RW

LG 24X Sata DVD-RW

I get kernel panics or just plain hang ups or system reboots depending on which boot disk & distro I use. I need help pretty much from start to finish to get this installed and configured. It's so different from the normal Windows install or the simple versions of Linux that I can't seem to figure out what commands i need to enter aside from -v and what kernels & kexts to run, how to insert them to make them work at boot during installation and all that. I'd really like to run Snow Leopard so I can use Adobe CS5, Komplete 7, Final Cut Studio 3 and Office 2011 etc. Any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

hi all ive installed iatkos s3 on my toshiba...i want to upgrade it to 10.6.4...ti ve downloaded combo update but after the upgrade the system boot only in 32bit...

when i use kext helper the system doesnt reboot (before and after the update)...and i must to force the reboot...in this way i cant install any kext...how can i do? thx

ps iatkos s3 v2 is the 10.6.4 version? if it is where can i find it? thx

• 3 weeks later...
when i try to do the md5 i get a mismatch... also i booted the dvd anyway on my evga 750i sli and i got a grey stop sign on the apple logo and it just hangs their

ASUS P5G41-M LX2 is actually mostly flawless (only enabler is RealTek RTL8168 - also works for 8111D and E) using AnVal bootloader; however, Chameleon RC5 also works sans enablers).

Onboard audio works (using VoodooHDA). Only problem is AMD HD5450 (Cedar Pro, unfortunately it's Mobility Radeon in desktop PCIe x16 clothes, so no luck) - stuck at 1024x768.

DVD was burned at 2.4x (Memorex DVD+RW media) using Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 (Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Lite-ON LDW-411S)

About This Mac sez it's an iMac C2D (sensible, as the Celeron DC E1200 is a cut-down C2D E6300 without VT-x).

Would G41 onboard (disabled by default) be a better choice on the Hack side of things?

ps iatkos s3 v2 is the 10.6.4 version? if it is where can i find it? thx

No, it is 10.6.3

You can boot it in 64bit by modify the "com.apple.Boot.plist" file, it locate in Library/ preferences/systemConfiguration folder of your boot drive.

I also got wrong checksum, and I have Dl from usenet, torrents but I got still wrong checksum,

Anyone knows where a proper one I can DL?

Make sure you check the iso and not the zip file, do you check with mac or pc ?.

Make sure you check the iso and not the zip file, do you check with mac or pc ?.

I check wit my PC and I check the ISO

And when I install this its hungs after 2 minutes and there are a small stop sign and I have tried with 5 difernts DVD:s :-(

EDIT

When I did a md5 check from a MAC terminal I got this

55d3aaae14435065b53acb61e3bccae2 :-( Why ??

When I did a md5 check from a MAC terminal I got this 55d3aaae14435065b53acb61e3bccae2 :-( Why ??

Looks like you have a good download there checksum is correct. try to run install with " -v " (in verbal mode) and see what the error is and go from there. If the default setting doesn't, try to select different setting under custom install by change your selection including kernel, driver etc...

Looks like you have a good download there checksum is correct. try to run install with " -v " (in verbal mode) and see what the error is and go from there. If the default setting doesn't, try to select different setting under custom install by change your selection including kernel, driver etc...

OK, When booting after some minutes it stops an I got a small icon that have a crossing line over. so something is not right in my BIOS I think :-(

OK, When booting after some minutes it stops an I got a small icon that have a crossing line over. so something is not right in my BIOS I think :-(
Edited by cparm
indirect torrent link, don't do that again

This distro works absolutely wonderful on my rig:

Intel C2D

Gigabyte EP45-DS3LR

4x2GB Cruscial 6400mhz

Nvidia 8800GT

Sony DVD R/RW

Seagate 1TB HDD

Got everything working just fine with patches and enablers from the disk.

Even did the "10.6.4" and "graphics update" from apple with "software updater"...everything is just peachy.

Big cudos to iAtkos team...and everyone else making this work.

I finally made it, I installed from SnowLeoDVD.iso and now I have manage to upgrade to 10.6.4 and all SW updates. But both Hazards and Iatkos S3 V2 I only get root device error :-(

Installed this with one IDE disk and 2 SATA disk enabled in my PC :-)

EDIT

It looks like I need to get a SATA DVD instead of my IDE DVD to get Hazards and Iatkos to work!

Anyone that can confirm this ?

Hello everybody, i have a problem with my graphics card. i have successfully installed snow leopard on my m1330 with iAtkos S3. thanks for the release guys.

Shut down and restart works if i do not select any graphic options. snow leopard doesn't recognize the card so anything that's remotely graphic intense would lag.

The problem i am having is if i select the graphic enabler or install any nvidia kext such as NVenabler.kext, NVinjector.kext or Natit.kext, snow leopard does recognize the graphic card but shutdown and restart would hang and i will have to turn off the laptop manually.

is there anything i can do to fix it?

thanks!

I have a HP dc5800 with q33/ICH9 chipset, having problems with USB keyboard and mouse not working.

After install I get "Unable to initialize UIM"-errors when booting with verbose flag.

Since the ICH9 is non-AHCI sata, I use Dune's SATA/IDE-kext and it works fine.

Keyboard and mouse works fine during install, what kexts are loaded during install?

EDIT: Just tried to install again, this time the keyboard and mouse didn't work during install either. Any suggestions???

I have a HP dc5800 with q33/ICH9 chipset, having problems with USB keyboard and mouse not working.

After install I get "Unable to initialize UIM"-errors when booting with verbose flag.

Since the ICH9 is non-AHCI sata, I use Dune's SATA/IDE-kext and it works fine.

Keyboard and mouse works fine during install, what kexts are loaded during install?

EDIT: Just tried to install again, this time the keyboard and mouse didn't work during install either. Any suggestions???

Success :( The intermittent mouse/keyboard problem was solved by unplugging the internal (usb) memory card reader from the mobo. Now I only have to see why the 82566dm-2 nic succesfully gets a dhcp-address and then stops working.