iATKOS S3 is released!

176 posts in this topic

iAtkos S3 version 2 seems to be perfect!

Works very nice on my PC (updated to 10.6.4):

Mainboard GA-EP45T-UD3P

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2x 2.80GHz

Realtek 8111C/8168

Audio: Realtek ALC889a

ASUS EN9400GT SILENT/DI/512MD2 (NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT)

(Setting: Nvidia EfiString (DVI/VGA) & Enabler (NVenabler))

BenQ Monitor 1920x1080 incl. webcam

3x WD HDD

4x2 GB OCZ DDR3

only one thing is missing: my DVD-RW Plextor 716A is not installed.

During the installation process I opened the disc utility and there it was listed as optical drive!

After the installation the Plextor is not visible in MacOS and no DVD/CD is readable...

What can I do?

@Peter_sm: seems to be a similar problem...

only one thing is missing: my DVD-RW Plextor 716A is not installed.

During the installation process I opened the disc utility and there it was listed as optical drive!

After the installation the Plextor is not visible in MacOS and no DVD/CD is readable...

What can I do?

Doesn't anybody know how I could add my optical drive?

Please look at my post above...

Already did see my sig, and it works very well and snappier. Just reinstalled the hacked AppleHDA kext. Software update to 10.6.5 overwrites AppleHDA.

:D

Every update?

Cause I installed iAtkos S3 U2 10.6.3 and I've already updated to 10.6.4 without reinstalling anything Oo

Where do I get a hacked AppleHDA? Directly form the iAtkos disk?

• 2 weeks later...
Every update?

Cause I installed iAtkos S3 U2 10.6.3 and I've already updated to 10.6.4 without reinstalling anything Oo

Where do I get a hacked AppleHDA? Directly form the iAtkos disk?

No, I did not get it from iAtkos disk. I got my hacked AppleHDA from somewhere I cannot remember now. I use the hacked version because I do not want to use voodooHDA for my sound, my audio device is an ALC883, most of the updates are compatible with ALC889A. If you have that audio device then you are lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to confirm that iATKOS S3v2 works on following configuration:

AMD Athlon X2 240

BIOSTAR MBO A760G M2+

ATI HD3000 int.

DDR II 800 2x1GB

OPTIARC 7240S DVD RW SATA

WD1200JD SATA HDD

Logitech Internet 350 USB Keyboard and RX250 Mouse connected to PS2 via converter instead using USB.

Monitor Samsung SM710V 17"

So the word is that I successfully installed this distro (32-bit version) and it's working almost completely. Network is ok, sound is nearly ok (I can't increase or decrease sound via desktop, and have to go to settings>Sound or Voodoo HDA, Apple HDA seems not to work). I had previousle iATKOS v7 updated to 10.5.8. and sound was ok. But in both s3 and v7 IDE HDDs weren't recognized. In S3 I have strange mouse problem. Clicks aren't functional if mouse's in USB, but when I connect to PS/2 via USB to PS/2 converter it works ok. But only problem that's really anoying is that shift+command+3 (screenshot) isn't working, but I solved it with Copernicus, and unsolved yet problem is that when I open pictures they aren't showing in preview. It's just gray like there's picture error. In thumbnails they're shown.

If there's someone that knows how to solve picture preview problem please let me know.

And because this is my first post on this forum, I forgot to say Hi everyone ;)

This runs great on my Sager 5793. I had a lot of problems with the earlier SL releases, to the point that I gave up on OSX86 for a while. iATKOS S3 V2 definitely resolved all of my issues. It's also the first time I was able to boot in 1920x1200 with full QE/CI and get the opening movie perfectly. I'm amazed I don't need any special enabler kext to get the 8800M GTX going. It just "worked" with the Graphics Enable boot option.

Wireless (Intel) and Camera (Syntek) don't work but this was expected. I don't use them anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i just installed iATKOS s3 v2 and all fine, but i update to 10.6.5 and when the system restart, usb's don't work.

i've notice, mouse movement is not smooth

When i boot from iATKOS, i've correct time, but when i boot from Windows 7, the time goes back 1h.

Please help me.

Hi guys, i just installed iATKOS s3 v2 and all fine, but i update to 10.6.5 and when the system restart, usb's don't work.

i've notice, mouse movement is not smooth

When i boot from iATKOS, i've correct time, but when i boot from Windows 7, the time goes back 1h.

Please help me.

Look here : http://kdmurray.net/2009/11/01/fixing-boot...e-on-windows-7/

Apply the registry fix in Windows 7 , then boot your osx86 , set the time , restart and go back to Windows 7 and it should be synced ok now.

For the usb issue ... look here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=239311

Hello everybody! I installed the iAtksosS3 v2 on my system and i just wanna say that It works on AMD systems just as fine. I can say that i was a little surprised, but very happy :D So if you have doubts about installing this on AMD, try! I previously had the V7..

Asrock 785G chipset..sk 939 (search on ASrock site 4 details..) AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ DDR1 2gb

sound M-Audio... video ASUS 85000gt (works amazing with EFI strings, dosen't seem to work with anything else).

i selected qoopz 3 kernel.. also you may need Jmicron injector. I let the first bootloader in the list whatever the name is.. I don't remember all my selections..i gotta see the list.. but worked for me. Even better, boots faster and I don't have problems with the restart any+. USBs work well.. updates.. I don't know about 10.6.5 update, and i'll never try :P .

Thanks to all the people who worked on this.. Great job! and iAtkos RULLEZ! And thanx to all forums and osxprojects... i learned so much from you.

• 2 months later...