iATKOS S3 is released!

176 posts in this topic

I read it had Atom netbook support and since I had a spare hard drive just sitting round thought I'd check it out.I have to say it's an excellent Distro,lots of options,everything well explained.On first install attempt everything working 100% ,sound,graphics,wifi,bluetooth,trackpad,etc.I did add a couple of kexts but those were just personal preferences not to get things working.

everytime i boot the iATKOS S3 v2 i get this error (efi_inject_get_devprop _string NULL trying stringdata) and the laptop reboot, the md5 of the iso was correct and i try changing a lot of things in the bios and always the same problem

my laptop is asus u50f with core i3 and Chipset Mobile Intel HM55 Express

if somebody knows the solution let me know, thanks

hi all, pretty new to the scene...anyone know if theres a list or somewhat of motherboards supported?

im currently on a Foxconn Eton mobo and cant find any info on it.

Intel Cored 2 quad q9300

4Gig ram

Nvidia Geforce GT220

How about here......... ;) Key aspects are the Southbridge and Northbridge; audio; network chipsets........they pretty much influence what you need in terms of installers/kexts etc.

the only way i can boot the dvd in my laptop is with the modbin kernel (mach_modbin), if i try to boot it with the others kernerls i get this error (efi_inject_get_devprop _string NULL trying stringdata) and the laptop reboot, the installation always finish ok, but everytime i try to go into the newly installed Snow Leopard it stops in the apple logo, i did try like 25 times with differents settings in the bios and the dvd, i guess i have to wait for a new release or my hardware is incompatible

my laptop is Asus u50f with Processor--core i3 and Chipset--Mobile Intel HM55 Express

thanks

the only way i can boot the dvd in my laptop is with the modbin kernel (mach_modbin), if i try to boot it with the others kernerls i get this error (efi_inject_get_devprop _string NULL trying stringdata) and the laptop reboot, the installation always finish ok, but everytime i try to go into the newly installed Snow Leopard it stops in the apple logo, i did try like 25 times with differents settings in the bios and the dvd, i guess i have to wait for a new release or my hardware is incompatible

my laptop is Asus u50f with Processor--core i3 and Chipset--Mobile Intel HM55 Express

thanks

The default DVD boot kernel is the qoopz 10.3.0 kernel but if you do not choose a kernel in Customise, you should be installing the vanilla 10.6.3 kernel..........which I would expect to be OK with your Intel CPU/chipset MOBO........what error messages do you see when you boot into the newly installed Snow Leopard with -v ?

The default DVD boot kernel is the qoopz 10.3.0 kernel but if you do not choose a kernel in Customise, you should be installing the vanilla 10.6.3 kernel..........which I would expect to be OK with your Intel CPU/chipset MOBO........what error messages do you see when you boot into the newly installed Snow Leopard with -v ?
if i boot with -v the screen goes black very quickly and nothing happen, i did try all the kernels in customize and vanilla

thanks

if i boot with -v the screen goes black very quickly and nothing happen, i did try all the kernels in customize and vanilla

thanks

What happens when you boot with -v -x mach_modbin?

Tried it out, worked nicely with my MSI Wind :(

Nice beat

can you tell me which custom install that fix on my wind u100 ? i've several times to try it, but it stop after first boot with grey screen..

when i boot with -v -x it's shows something about usbmsc identifier bla..bla.. and realtek8169 something...

thanks..

screenshot20100612at657.png

Is there a generic DSDT in this install? Ins't the DSDT the biggest issue to have a nearly 100% perfect DSDT?

For my Dell XPS M1530 I have a near 100% DSDT. C-State (_CST) and LPC need more work. The Desktop I have is the Giigabyte E45-UD3P and P35 chipsets. There is a thread on this for many of their motherboards. They have provided a BIOS that gives you and EFI type upgrade.

I would think that the install and post install would be even more flawless on a system that has the EFI Bios hack?

Same with the XPS M1530 Dell Laptop. I have a near 100% perfect DSDT so I can just install retail. I actually have and only needed the PS2 voodoo kexts for the laptop as well as the voodooHDA for sound, fakesmc and smbios.plst. Also the VoodooBattery and VoodooSMHC for the memory card slots. Thats it 100% vanilla except those kexts in /extra.

Anyhow any progress on a universal EFI for PC and Laptops or nothing still in the near future?

I have a MAcPro but will nto buy a MacBook Pro until they decide to make the hard drive easy to replace like on PC Laptops and to have eSATA on them.

Until then I won't even look at a MacBook Pro!!

Hi oSxFr33k,

I am trying with DSDT with my m1530 but i have failed

can you share your DSDT and how can i use it please?

my computer is t9300 2,49Ghz NVidia m8600 GT

Thanks!

I've try this release on 2 AMD PCs and i can say, without fear, that this release is very very useful, a great release. Really a good release.

which cpu and board u have ???

i want to try this on my AMD too.... :)

thanks for sending me the kernel. but how do i install it if i can't boot into Snow Leopard?

Install Leopard using a AMD compatible distro (it makes good sense to always have a backup working OS X system installed), or use TransMac in Windows, to transfer it to the / directory of the presently un-bootable SL installation that you installed by booting the iATKOS S3v2 Install DVD using mach_modbin and remember to modify the Kernel key in all com.apple.Boot.plist files........

Full success with Asus P5K (BIOS from P5KR) with one-core Pentium. Nvidia 8800GS fully works out of the box.

Great job, thanks!

By the way, no luck with iDeneb 10.5.7 - target SATA disk was not visible in Disc utility

Hi,

Am new here but not to the computers or the online forums !

Anyways Am happy to report that it works on AMD fine !

Config is as Follows :

1.CPU : AMD Athlon 3000+

2.GPU : Nvidia 6600GT

3.Motherboard : DFI Lanparty Ultra-D NF4

4.RAM : 2Gb DDR400 transcend Jetram

But I do have some issues that I need some help on, First is the PS2 Keyboard/Mouse,In spite of adding the patch while installing and later installing the stand alone patches available here in this forum Am yet to get it working !

After installing the patch from this forum the system hangs if I connect the PS2 devices and if I remove it works fine ! 

Can someone please give me solutions ?

Regards.

hey applehacker :)

hey guys, as I see most of people with success here, that makes me smile, even on some AMD's :(

an operator will probably close this topic soon, like the v7 topic here, but before that: cheers to all :)

Install Leopard using a AMD compatible distro (it makes good sense to always have a backup working OS X system installed), or use TransMac in Windows, to transfer it to the / directory of the presently un-bootable SL installation that you installed by booting the iATKOS S3v2 Install DVD using mach_modbin and remember to modify the Kernel key in all com.apple.Boot.plist files........
i used transmac to transfer the kernel, my mouse and keyboard only worked with the apple kext (voodoo one didn't work), audio work with the voodo kext (apple one didnt work), my wifi (atheros ar9285) and intel (hd graphic) as of now doesnt have drivers, i'm gonna wait until all my hardware is supported to try again, thanks for all your help verdant