iATKOS S3 is released!

176 posts in this topic

I have the M3N78-VM and I boot iAtkos S3 V2 fine... load the install perfectly.

I Not try install but it boot perfectly on this mobo.

does it work on M3A76-CM already?

i can boot from disk, but then the booting progress stucks with (/) at the apple logo..

maybe my image is still buggy or not completely, will search for iAtkos S3 today afternoon :(

best regards from Germany!

Finally, success with the install and update to 10.6.4... :D

see signature below...

Issues remaining;

1. Long shutdown time

2. Long reboot time

sleep and wake seems to be working...

Finally solved. ;)

Have to open up terminal typed this;

sudo chown root:admin /

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Sucess here, almost. I had 10.5.8 up and running fine. Booted the dvd, simply selected my osx volume, chose what patches I needed, rebooted and boom, got a boot:0 error or whatever it was. I was hoping I didnt have to reinstall a bootloader (had chameleon v2) but I rebooted with the DVD in the drive. Hit f8 and I saw my osx/windows 7 entries. Selected OSX and it booted up just fine. Installed all the updates, rebooted, when back to the installer to repair disk permissions. Rebooted again and now my osx is upgraded to 10.6.4. However some problems:

Before with iatkos v7, if I wanted to reinstall a driver/batch I just had to boot off the drive, select what I needed and diselect the "main system" checkbox so I wouldnt reinstall OSX itself. However it seems you cannot do this anymore with S3. The option to deselect is greyed out. So how am I supposed to reinstall Chameleon?

And as for audio with ALC888, was I suppose to check both AppleHDA and VoodooHDA? I just selected AppleHDA and I get no audio. I wanna go back and select VoodooHDA but again I dont wanna reinstall entire OSX.

Lastly is there any reason NOT to install chameleon RC4? I've had no problems with it dual booting osx and windows 7.

After many failed attempts in part because of the graphics (8400 GS)

that worked perfectly in v7 Got iATKOS install on your computer S

changing the graphics, that means the old also had

worked although with some problems but, for those in my situation

I leave the configuration chosen for proper operation:

TEAM

ASUS PLACA M3N78 EM

ATLHON PROCESSOR BE 7750 X 2

NVIDIA GRAPHICS G210

4 GB RAM

INTEGRATED ETHERNET

1200 ALC INTEGRATED AUDIO

500 GB SATA HDD with 3 partitions, one in NTFS

SATA DVDRW

The installation options from iATKOS S

Chameleon BOOTLOADER

32 BIT BOOT

DIRECTORY EXTRA

FAKE SMC

DISABLED

RTC 32 BITS

10.3.0 QOOPZ

SATA AHCI

VODOOHDA (did not work and I have removed, replaced by a specific

SAN thanks to GOOGLE)

VODO PS / 2

DVI / VGA

probably missing something to put me, I know the topic of energy for

processor sleep mode, and if not something more, I accept suggestions,

I am currently backing up before frets, a short

kext paste the utility:

ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.6.3 BuildVersion: 10D573

Kernel: Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Sun April 4 2010 19:13:55 EDT

Bootargs: boot-uuid = EAEB8EA3-EBDD-39FF-BDC6-091C1CBE0206 rd =* uuid

Model ID: MacPro3, 1

CPU Signature: Ox100F23 (1,052,451)

CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor 7750

Core: 2699 (2699) MHz x 27.2 (27.2) Bus: 99 MHz FSB: 396 MHz

L2 Cache: 512 Mb

RAM: 4096 Mb

SwapUsage: total = used = 64.00M free = 64.00M 0.00m

HibernateMode: 0

User: eduardobl on surfcaster-pc

Start working: Wed July 14 21:52:11 EST 2010

Detected ... MAC OS X "Snow Leopard."

and a cut and paste of the graph that in principle works well but not if

I can change resolution:

Chipset Model:

nVidia GeForce 210

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Channel bandwidth PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 512 MB

Manufacturer: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a65

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM revision 0x

Screens:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

surfcaster

since yesterday at 12 pm everything works perfect, restart, sleep mode,

USB front, rear, all outputs audio, ethernet, I'm missing

set the different resolutions of the graph shows them that although I

I can not get the 1024 X 768, although graphic acceleration functions, is

a small problem with EFI will be resolved today STRING, sorry for my English translation

Is there a generic DSDT in this install? Ins't the DSDT the biggest issue to have a nearly 100% perfect DSDT?

For my Dell XPS M1530 I have a near 100% DSDT. C-State (_CST) and LPC need more work. The Desktop I have is the Giigabyte E45-UD3P and P35 chipsets. There is a thread on this for many of their motherboards. They have provided a BIOS that gives you and EFI type upgrade.

I would think that the install and post install would be even more flawless on a system that has the EFI Bios hack?

Same with the XPS M1530 Dell Laptop. I have a near 100% perfect DSDT so I can just install retail. I actually have and only needed the PS2 voodoo kexts for the laptop as well as the voodooHDA for sound, fakesmc and smbios.plst. Also the VoodooBattery and VoodooSMHC for the memory card slots. Thats it 100% vanilla except those kexts in /extra.

Anyhow any progress on a universal EFI for PC and Laptops or nothing still in the near future?

I have a MAcPro but will nto buy a MacBook Pro until they decide to make the hard drive easy to replace like on PC Laptops and to have eSATA on them.

Until then I won't even look at a MacBook Pro!!

What processor do you have on xps m1530? I've T7500, if you have the same can you give me your dsdt

Well I have a successful SL 10.6.4 install. In my last post I had some problems. While I was able to upgrade from iatkos v7 10.5.8, I forgot to install Chameleon bootloader. I figured since I already had it installed and working great with Windows 7 (same disk) I could just throw SL on there. Wrong. Had nothing but problems. Windows DVD couldnt repair the bootloader, but I was able to make the partition active via G-Parted.

So I reinstalled completely. Booted off the DVD, nuked the current Mac partition, chose my drivers/fixes and made sure to install Chameleon RC4. I then immediately upgraded to 10.6.4. Rebooted again, went into disk utility to repair permissions, rebooted again and I'm now surfing under 10.6.4 with no problems.

When the Chameleon bootloader showed up, I checked to see if it had the W7 entries like before. Thankfully, it was able to boot to Windows just fine! No need to reset active partitons and dvd repair back and forth etc. So for those of you dual booting W7 and 10.5.8 on the same disk, just reinstall Chameleon Rc4 when you install SL.

I still have 1 issue, and thats getting the friggin SPDIF for the ALC888 working. Analog out works, but I just cant for the life of me find out how to get the damn driver to work with SPDIF.

post-235604-1279234497_thumb.png

Finally, success with the install and update to 10.6.4... :)

see signature below...

Issues remaining;

1. Long shutdown time

2. Long reboot time

sleep and wake seems to be working...

All were working fine now, just reinstalled evoreboot, fix permissions.

Screenshot2010-07-17at115640PM.png

hi guys,

i asked the following question some month before but now, there is a new os-version, i will ask again.

i have a dell xps m1530 laptop. how does shutdown/sleep work on this system with the new os-version? still not working? please let me know.

thank you very much.

hi guys,

i asked the following question some month before but now, there is a new os-version, i will ask again.

i have a dell xps m1530 laptop. how does shutdown/sleep work on this system with the new os-version? still not working? please let me know.

thank you very much.

You have to use sleep enable kext for that to work unless you know how to modify your dsdt then it will work without the kext.

@ macusers: hi, does that mean, there is no real conflict of the nvidia-drivers anymore? because it was not possible to fix this problem with der sleep enable kext. do you have a full-working system? that also means you can absolutely shut-down your m1530-notebook without pressing the On/Off-Button?

@ macusers: hi, does that mean, there is no real conflict of the nvidia-drivers anymore? because it was not possible to fix this problem with der sleep enable kext. do you have a full-working system? that also means you can absolutely shut-down your m1530-notebook without pressing the On/Off-Button?

I don't have exact laptop you have but i use 10.6.4 sleep enabler kext with my desk top and it works ( shut down and restart without pressing the power button ). Look at my system configuration in my Signature.

I have unintentionally reinstalled iAtkos S3. This time, i did not install disabler, evoreboot, sleepenabler, voodoops2, and voodoopstate, except voodooHDA.

Everything went fine, only lacking is two finger scrolling without the voodoops2, but i can live without it. I have native speedstep working much better than I have voodoopowerpstate. Intelcpupm works and does not kill sleep.

It seems that it is even more responsive than with those kext installed.

Hey guys!

I am new to this but have been drooling to try a PC Hackintosh for a long time now. I recently bought this mb/cpu combo

ZOTAC IONITX-G-E Intel Atom 330 (1.6GHz, dual-core) NVIDIA ION Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo

The stats are as follows:

Brand ZOTAC

Model IONITX-G-E Combo Type Motherboard/CPU Combo Bundle

CPU Intel Atom 330 (1.6GHz, dual-core) With Cooler Yes

Supported CPU

CPU Type Intel Atom FSB 533MHz

Chipsets North Bridge NVIDIA ION

Memory Number of Memory Slots 2×240pin

Memory Standard DDR2 667/800

Maximum Memory Supported 4GB

Expansion Slots PCI Express x1 1 Other Slots 1 x mini-PCIE

Storage Devices SATA 4 x SATA 3.0Gb/s

SATA RAID 0/1/0+1

Onboard Video Onboard Video Chipset NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Onboard Audio Audio Channels 6 Channels

Onboard LAN Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps

Rear Panel Ports PS/2 1 Video Ports DVI HDMI 1 x HDMI USB 1.1/2.0 6 x USB 2.0 Audio Ports 3 Ports

Onboard USB Onboard USB 4 x USB 2.0 Physical Spec

Form Factor Mini ITX Dimensions 6.7" x 6.7"

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts Lifetime limited

Labor Lifetime limited

Can this be Hackintoshed like they have been doing the netbooks? Where do you learn which options to check when you do the install? Is there an instuction on how to do the install of iAtkos?

Any help would be appreciated.

@ macusers: thanks. maybe it will work for me, too. all the former versions did not work that's the reason why i like to know if anybody has a fully-working mac-dell-xpsm1530 :(

@ nameci: because everything is working fine for you, i want to ask you the same question: do you have a dell xps m1530 notebook?

thx guys

@ macusers: thanks. maybe it will work for me, too. all the former versions did not work that's the reason why i like to know if anybody has a fully-working mac-dell-xpsm1530 :blink:

@ nameci: because everything is working fine for you, i want to ask you the same question: do you have a dell xps m1530 notebook?

thx guys

I'm sorry buddy. But i don't have that specific model of a notebok, mine is in my sig.

Just try to install, what is your processor by the way?

hi,

ok. i tried to install iatkos s3 but it failed. it doesn't start anything. i am not able to get in the install-menu. when i start the computer with the iatkos s3-cd in the rom the following message-screen occurs (have a look @ the pictures)

so ... actually i am a noob in all these mac-on-pc-stuff and now, i don't know what to do.

maybe anybody can help. below the messages which came up when i try to install iatkos s3.

for info: i got a dell xps m1530 notebook. the first pic shows the info which came up when i started the install-cd the first time. after it crashed i restarted by pressing the on-off-button and then the second-pic-message came up.

maybe anybody understands what's the problem :(

post-198971-1280614841_thumb.jpg

post-198971-1280614865_thumb.jpg

hi,

ok. i tried to install iatkos s3 but it failed. it doesn't start anything. i am not able to get in the install-menu. when i start the computer with the iatkos s3-cd in the rom the following message-screen occurs (have a look @ the pictures)

so ... actually i am a noob in all these mac-on-pc-stuff and now, i don't know what to do.

maybe anybody can help. below the messages which came up when i try to install iatkos s3.

for info: i got a dell xps m1530 notebook. the first pic shows the info which came up when i started the install-cd the first time. after it crashed i restarted by pressing the on-off-button and then the second-pic-message came up.

maybe anybody understands what's the problem :(

When you boot up the cd, when you see the chameleon GUI press F8, then type -v to boot in verbose mode. Then we will start from there.

And it seems that you are having a kernel panic caused by the disk controller, have you enabled SATA AHCI on the bios? I am not familiar with the bios that you have though.