iATKOS S3 is released!

176 posts in this topic

I've installed here in a test partition, checking the extensions folder now i've found a kext named System1030.kext, with some plugins inside.... whats this kext for? I never see this kext before. System.kext is installed too.

@ nameci: thank you very much for your fast answer. i also tried to start in verbose-mode and i also changed the bios from ahci to ata and back to ahci. these are the two options i only can choose. the result is nearly the same even in v-mode. have a look at the picture.

thx

post-198971-1280652992_thumb.jpg

Same issue reported above. Shut down and sleep do not work. I have xps m1530. Everything else working fine. Webcam, wifi,ethernet, usb, all working. i have reinstalled with and without sleep enabler. The only changes I made to the prefiled options were chameleon 4 bootloader, graphics enabler, rtc 32 bit, voodoo ps/2, voodooo p-state, battery, card reader, and tsc sync. Does anybody know how to fix shut down and sleep?

specs:xps m1530 intel core 2 duo 2.09ghz, 4g ram, nvida 8400m gs

ryan

Didnt see this before I made a thread.

I've recently gotten interested in installing osx on my hp nc6400 laptop. From my research, it appears that there are a couple of pre-made distros for pc's. I downloaded one called iATKOS_S3_v2 and while I have the iso, I burned it and I cannot boot from it, the laptop simply does not recognize it as bootable. Here is a image of the files while mounted virtually on my desktop. Is my iso corrupt or am I starting this out all wrong?

Seems funny to me that the files listed are only a couple KB's when the whole iso is 4.37GB

osx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great package. I upgraded my Acer Aspire 5672 from iDeneb 1.5.1 without any issues. Resolution and mouse cursor did not have any issues. Unfortunately I was unable to use my Ethernet (Broadcom BCM5789). I tried reinstalling the kexts that worked with iDeneb, and also booted using the -f switch. I also had a problem of no audio - I tried both that Apple and the Voodoo HDA kexts without success. It's a shame because Snow is noticeably quicker on my machine. I've downgraded to iDeneb again.

Naa, 10.6.5 is in beta and I was thinking of grabbing that although the same applies to 10.6.4.

If I update it 10.6.4 will my iATKOS install be broken.

Also, if anyone cares to help me, I'm using iATKOS and OS X only boots if I use -v.

Any solution?

Hi,

this is my first post on Insanely Mac. I am having some issues with SL. I am not super new to Hackintosh setups. I have had multiple success with Leopard, on my rig. Actually almost a perfect setup. But now I have a question for some of you.

I have a AMD Rig, with a M3A32-MVP Deluxe MOBO, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Proc, 4 Gb's of RAM, 2 ATI Radeon 4850's, and a 750Gb HDD split into 2 partitions. I have successfully with no problems installed iAtkos s3 v.2, alongside Windows 7 to dual boot. I have also created a DSDT file for my correct hardware layout. Not a complete DSDT yet, but almost complete. Which note I do need help with completing it. But that's not the problem.

My Problem lies with I can get into Safe Mode with no problem. Graphics are perfect, from what I can tell if I was in normal mode I would have qe/cl enabled fine. Due to safe mode doesn't enable it. But when I try to boot into normal mode I this KP,

http://a.imageshack.us/img442/614A

Also note when this happens it is right after initializing my GPU's, When the system is stating "DEVICE FOUND IN SLOT 1" then it goes to load something else and KP's.

What is weird is I don't believe it is my GPU's cause safe mode loads them fine and works. Full Res, Res Switching, 32-Bit, everything but QE/CL, which I like I said I believe wont load without being in normal mode. Also I do boot in 32-bit mode to prevent from major kext issues and stability issues. The last thing if anyone has a complete DSDT file for M3A32-MVP Deluxe made from 2031 Bios release or could give help, help is always appreciated.

Thank you guys for any input possible.

post-587984-1282148251_thumb.jpg

hey folks,

problem here sp35p2 (Intel P35 (ICH9R)) after successfull installation i reboot with -v then "Waiting for root device"

first i do it like: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;showentry=816

then i go with minimal configuration: AsereBLN v1.19, fakesmc, Disabler, RTC [Default], EVO Reboot, JMicron SATA/IDE, Yukon 88E8056

i think now i have permutate every configuration that make sense : (

anyone experienced with p35 installations?

greetings

Ok, apparently NTFS-3G doesnt work with 64bit. I need to get NTFS-3G (no, I dont wish to use the native NTFS write hack, too dangerous). How do I boot iatkos back into 32bit automatically? I dont have to reinstall anything do i?

I can confirm mine works in 64bit mode.

post-402809-1283030106_thumb.png

Are you using Tuxera NTFS, the commercial version or NTFS-3G free? Because last time I tried to install it it gave me an error saying it cant support 64bit. Also in the readme of the latest NTFS-3G it says you must not use 64bit. Tuxera I think works for 64bit but again its a commercial product.

Are you using Tuxera NTFS, the commercial version or NTFS-3G free? Because last time I tried to install it it gave me an error saying it cant support 64bit. Also in the readme of the latest NTFS-3G it says you must not use 64bit. Tuxera I think works for 64bit but again its a commercial product.

Yes I know but thats what it came with IARKOS S3 V2 install dvd disk. :(. So be it..... ;)

I know it comes with iatkos. But unless it was a cracked copy (mine still counted down the days until it expired) how are you getting past the 15 day time limit?

Just out of curious, how do you install it?. where do you see it counting down ?. and maybe i miss something.