280 replies to this topic

reghost

reghost

The Holy Frijole!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Audio Production, Graphic Desing, Beta Testing
The is a fix for the Intel 900-950 laptops guys, you have to short out pins 1&6 and 2&12. this fixes the problem with laptops always wanting to boot to the external vga port. Once you got that working just go to your prefereces and mirror your screens. it works because im using it now :lol:

by the way, my hp nx6110 is fully working, wireless, QE and CI, Powermanagement hack and all.

edsel6502

edsel6502

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

WIFI isn't as critical because anyone can replace their MiniPCI WIFI card with a cheap compatible replacement card.

This state is not true in some cases. Most hardware manufacturers in the US implement a whitelist in the BIOS of minipci cards. So you can just replace it. If you do and your laptop has the bios restrcition your SOL.

Cheers,
ed

jacob019

jacob019

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Well everything kind of works with my HP NC6000 but the touchpad jumps around after the computer has been on for a while (could just be mine) and the wireless disconnects periodically. I love my 12" G4 PowerBook and I sold my macbook due to issues. The problems with the NC6000 are bugging me so I'm going to sell it and try the Acer Travelmate 2420. I'll report back with my findings.

skippyretard

skippyretard

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
I just got a HP Pavilion dv1708nr from Best Buy for $399 after INSTANT rebate. Works extremely well with JaS 10.4.6 after a couple kext edits and the Celeron M 410 shows as Core Solo in "About This Mac". GMA950, monitor works without the wire trick, High Def sound works(output only), broadcom wireless detected as Airport Extreme, Intel PRO 100 VE works, Mat{censored}a DVD-ROM/CDR-RW supported, trackpad works, sleep works, volume control and arrows work on the remote. Modem and Media Card reader do not work.

PowerManagement.bundle adds battery to tray.

reghost

reghost

The Holy Frijole!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
hey skippy what kind of hd audio does you lappy have?

solaar

solaar

Insane in the membrane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
Check my specs below. It's certainly not the best but I'm quite satisfied so far. Music apps run smoothly with an M-audio FW-410 via firewire. In OSX I'm having less audio latency issues than in Linux or in - god forbid - XP...

Omni's ATI driver v008 works really well now even with QE and CI, apart from a bit of tearing. The only thing I would REALLY like to get sorted is the PCMCIA cos I've still got a few neat cards floating about.

cheers
sol

skippyretard

skippyretard

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
It is a Conexant High Def chip, not sure the exact model. VEN_14f1 DEV_5047 which is the same as the integrated (non-working) modem.

reghost

reghost

The Holy Frijole!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
dang....;) ive got sigmatel

Kujila

Kujila

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Dell inspiron 6400/E1505 works QE/CI without external cable, but no sound support (sigmatel9200)

Unless you have the non-Intel video versions. For instance, I have the ATI Mobility x1400 version

jacob019

jacob019

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Unless you have the non-Intel video versions. For instance, I have the ATI Mobility x1400 version

So QE works with your ATI x1400?

oliveirapaulo

oliveirapaulo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Almost everything is working (except WIFI - Intel Wireless 3945ABG and Audio In/Mic) with my Acer TravelMate 4202WLMi...

The full list:

. Intel Centrino Core Duo 1.66GHz (working splendidly)
. USB 2.0 ports (working flawlessly, but only after I got the BIOS 2.10 update from Acer!!! :poster_spam: )
. GMA950 + LCD panel (flawlessly too, working out-of-box WITHOUT external VGA hack)
. Keyboard (working, currently using US-International keyboard layout [with dead keys for accents])
. DVD/CD Writer (working, full support to DVD+-R, DVD-RAM, CD+-R etc)
. High Definition Audio (working audio-out only, after editing AppleAzaliaAudio.kext)
. Broadcom 10/100 LAN (working)
. Battery/Power Info (working: remaining battery time is displayed correctly, charging info is displayed nicely, sleep function ok too...)
. Internal 56Kbps Fax/Modem (What the hell is a modem???? LOL ;) )

Cheers...

Paulo Oliveira

NRGZR

NRGZR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
i have IBM THinkpad Z60T - and averything work fine on it.
full video support (GMA900, with vga dongle), wi-fi (en0 > en1), lan (drivers kext edit), BT, touchpad, audio.

reghost

reghost

The Holy Frijole!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Hey Paulo, what type of HDA do you have? would you mind sharing? Also to everyone, id like to see some examples of folks vga dongles. All i did was cut a couple of paperclips to size and bridged the vga pins then covered it with a vga cover.

SquidCombo

SquidCombo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Those laptops you guys mentioned range between $500 to $700. This makes me think, should I wait a bit longer and wait until core 2 duo notebooks get cheaper or should I just get one of those mentioned earlier? (currently the core 2 duo notebooks are priced $1000 ish)

zedzed

zedzed

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I am fairly happy with my Acer Travelmate 4202WLMi
http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=196993

If only I can get Wi-Fi
A laptop is pretty pointless without Wi-Fi

NET

NET

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:are not interesting for others :)
My Acer TravelMate 3012 WTMI works fine, but without wi-fi support (#$%!% intel pro) :P and sound needs some kext messing but QE CI works stright from the hand, and natively on the build in lcd 12,1 1280x800

guiyoforward

guiyoforward

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
hi there net, I'm about to buy one of the 3012, where did you get yours? it's kind of hard to find.
do a search for 3012, I've done quite a few threads about it. you can get a mini pci wifi card from dell for 20 bucks on ebay, though I'm not sure it is not hardware locked in bios...
could you post the sound kext meesing instructions?

thanks!!

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,172 posts

I'm not sure it is not hardware locked in bios...

If theres any bios options for WiFi I don't think you could just plug-and-play without flashing the bios with a custom hexed flash

guiyoforward

guiyoforward

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
well, the only way to find out about the wifi is popping a DELL card somewhere and see if it works!

NET, do you have bluetooth working too??

ufulu

ufulu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Samsung X20 fully working except for WiFi ( Intel 2200) and I can't get the synaptics Trackpad to scroll despite alle the "beta" drivers flying around here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy