DSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Generic Scope (_PR)

• Please log in to reply
1945 replies to this topic

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Now I don't understand, where do you see these 1D and 18 ? On VoodooMonitor ?

yes voodoomonitor.

so is this just inaccuracy of voodoomonitor again?

samu-mac

samu-mac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Computers, Films

hello guys, i tried to follow the steps but i'm getting trouble!

i have an HP tm2 1090eg wich has a intel su7300 processor dual core.

i'm trying to fix sleep mode and speedstep, i cant get it work... and i have KPs very often, then sometimes boot but withouth results!

i got the all-built in fix at usbs but when i try to put it sleep its goes than come back from sleep suddenly!

here is my DSDT, my ioregistryexplorer report, my details taken from vodoo monitor about vid fid etc..

FID - VID
46 18 1294 mhz x6,5 1,084v 0x4618 0xD
06-16 1194 mhz x6,0 1,052v 0x616 0XC
8A 15 995mhz x5,0 1,004v 0x8A15 0XB
88 13 796 mgz x4.0 1,004 0x8813 0x9
86 10 597 mhz x3,0 0.956v 0x8610 0x7

THANKS for any help!

any can help me guys??

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 219 posts

A weird one! I have everything work fine, I can see the p-states changing and the voltage reducing etc!

But when I try and sleep the fans stay on..... and it dosent wake from sleep.
The I have to turn the power off and on again, them the p-states are not work when i restart.....

I have to then shut down again then reboot to get them to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

In System Preferences/Energy Saver, is there a tick in Start up auto....?

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

yes voodoomonitor.

so is this just inaccuracy of voodoomonitor again?

So you are saying that if you dump MSI SSDT tables you see different VID values than VoodooMonitor shows being used ? Or is just that MSI and Gigabyte read your chip's VID differently ?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,347 posts

...But when I try and sleep the fans stay on..... and it dosent wake from sleep.
The I have to turn the power off and on again, them the p-states are not work when i restart.....

Hi, just for record, AppleACPIThermal.kext (for fan control) prevent sleep... from /E/E or S/L/E... therefore need to be unloaded before sleep and reloaded after wake... a good automatic (resident) option is sleepwatcher. See this thread, we discuss about that. I hope this help.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

So you are saying that if you dump MSI SSDT tables you see different VID values than VoodooMonitor shows being used ? Or is just that MSI and Gigabyte read your chip's VID differently ?

MSI (SSDT dump) and Gigabyte (voodoopower.kext + pstate changer ) both show the same ViD for each p-state.

On my MSI setup without injecting _PSS values as taken from my SSDT into DSDT, voodoomonitor shows differant ViDs (slightly higher.) than the SSDT dump from my MSI board and as taken from pstatechanger and voodoopower for my GigaByte board.

So I'm presuming the slightly higher ViDs I now see are:

a.) not correct and
b.) not being read from BIOS.

D

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

MSI (SSDT dump) and Gigabyte (voodoopower.kext + pstate changer ) both show the same ViD for each p-state.

On my MSI setup without injecting _PSS values as taken from my SSDT into DSDT, voodoomonitor shows differant ViDs (slightly higher.) than the SSDT dump from my MSI board and as taken from pstatechanger and voodoopower for my GigaByte board.

So I'm presuming the slightly higher ViDs I now see are:

a.) not correct and
b.) not being read from BIOS.

D

If you have Windows too check what Everest shows. On my MSI boards SSDT dump VID's are 1B and 28, that's what I saw in Everest, didn't check with VoodooMonitor.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Please help - Strange Scope (_PR) !

I am trying to fix up my Vostro 3500 DSDT (i5 430M processor) . I have made all the usual changes recommended and HPET, LPC kexts etc. are loading fine but I cannot get to a stage where removal of NullCpuPMManagement.kext is possible and that damn KP will just not go away.

I think the problem may be that the DSDT has an unusual layout for Scope (_PR) which seems to call on the SSDTs for information and does not itself have the normal processor declarations.

I'd be grateful if someone could take a look at the zip folder and point me in a good direction.

In the zip are the vanilla DSDT and two SSDT tables and also my work in progress dsdt which is fine as far as it goes and has no errors, warnings or remarks.

I tried adding the SSDTs into the DSDT to complete scope(_PR) but had no joy.

Speedstep on my Zotac was a piece of cake compared to this....

Does anybody have ACPI dump from MacBookPro6,1 and or iMac11,1 ?

Actually scrub that - i5 and i7 users please see this guide here

D

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

If you have Windows too check what Everest shows. On my MSI boards SSDT dump VID's are 1B and 28, that's what I saw in Everest, didn't check with VoodooMonitor.

not sure what I'm meant to be looking for in Everest - however the SSDT _PSS I posted earlier was taken from an Everest dump.

CPU-Z and Everest are showing vCore idle @1.09v in Win7
Voodoo monitor is currently showing idle @1.052v (I believe C1E has kicked in here as vCore for lowest multi is 1.084 as shown in voodoo monitor.)

So nothing too much to worry about - just don't understand the disparity?!

D

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

not sure what I'm meant to be looking for in Everest - however the SSDT _PSS I posted earlier was taken from an Everest dump.

CPU-Z and Everest are showing vCore idle @1.09v in Win7
Voodoo monitor is currently showing idle @1.052v (I believe C1E has kicked in here as vCore for lowest multi is 1.084 as shown in voodoo monitor.)

So nothing too much to worry about - just don't understand the disparity?!

D

You should see some familiar numbers here:
Attached File  everest.PNG   227.14KB   62 downloads

And yes, I wouldn't worry too much, everything seems to be working.

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything.
I finally have my p-states working after using a fake mac model number. For the record MacBook4,1 which my system matches will not load pstates correctly but changing that to MacBook4,2 it does. The only thing that explains that is that my system cant fake it that well to trick SMC to speedstep properly.

So I have that working but no idea if C-states are there which bring me to quote the below..

I am also still seeking a sleep fix for my system.. Anyone have any ideas I have attached my DSDT and Ioreg.. Ive searched for so many fixes my head is starting to spin...

Hi,
i try to figure out if i get C4 working. I use this package

Name (_CST, Package (0x04)            {                0x03,                 Package(0x04){ResourceTemplate (){Register(FFixedHW,0x01,0x02,0x000,)},One,One,0x03E8},                Package(0x04){ResourceTemplate (){Register(SystemIO,0x08,0x00,0x414,)},0x02,One,0x01F4},                                    Package(0x04){ResourceTemplate (){Register(SystemIO,0x08,0x00,0x416,)},0x04,0x96,0x64}            })        }

In SL running sudo setpci -s 0:1f.0 0xa6.b returns with "cannot find any working access method".

Same cmd in Linux returns with "80"

I would like to know the same as I have been trying to find a way to see if the various cstates are working on my system. I have CSTInfo=0x1240105 in Ioreg but is that enough to prove there all working?

I ran your command and I got a result in SL of 00. What does that mean? Do I have C4 working?

Thanks...

A weird one! I have everything work fine, I can see the p-states changing and the voltage reducing etc!

But when I try and sleep the fans stay on..... and it dosent wake from sleep.

I have to then shut down again then reboot to get them to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am also in search of a fix for sleep. ACPIthermal is not my problem and neither is USB as far as I can tell. My system simply freezes and I must reboot when I force a sleep. Otherwise it will never go to sleep on its own no matter where the timer is set to in power settings.

If anyone has an idea and or wants to take a look at my system.. See attached..
http://www.mediafire...znhrnx4men/DSDT & IOREG.zip

Thanks

polkaholga

polkaholga

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 147 posts

I ran your command and I got a result in SL of 00. What does that mean? Do I have C4 working?

Thanks...

AFAIK Terminal should return with the value "80" when you have C4 working.
What confuses me that i only get this when i boot to Linux, and "can't find any working access method" in SL.

Any ideas ? Anyone ?

thanks

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

AFAIK Terminal should return with the value "80" when you have C4 working.
What confuses me that i only get this when i boot to Linux, and "can't find any working access method" in SL.

Any ideas ? Anyone ?

thanks

http://www.insanelym...p...2518&st=860

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

http://www.insanelym...p...2518&st=860

Are you referencing Duvels restart fix there?

I am not sure how this references has to do with c-state c4? Unless I missed the particular post ur trying to point 2. There is a part where Master Chief refers to a command that shows latency and I do not know what command/app they are using there to get that data.

As for restart fix.. I asked you about this when I was looking for a DSDT/bootloader fix so I could remove evoreboot.kext (which fixes only my restart). I have read that thread at least 3 times now lol. I have applied a FADT patch through my bootloader Anval with no success. I also extracted my FADT.aml and booted with it in place.. Same result. As far as I understand I dont have his issue with restart so the fix does not help me..

Thanks

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Are you referencing Duvels restart fix there?

I am not sure how this references has to do with c-state c4? Unless I missed the particular post ur trying to point 2. There is a part where Master Chief refers to a command that shows latency and I do not know what command/app they are using there to get that data.

As for restart fix.. I asked you about this when I was looking for a DSDT/bootloader fix so I could remove evoreboot.kext (which fixes only my restart). I have read that thread at least 3 times now lol. I have applied a FADT patch through my bootloader Anval with no success. I also extracted my FADT.aml and booted with it in place.. Same result. As far as I understand I dont have his issue with restart so the fix does not help me..

Thanks

Someone was asking for lspci ... That's all.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Thanks

this bootloader has the restart fix no need for FADT patching

00diabolic

00diabolic

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

this bootloader has the restart fix no need for FADT patching

Well either way it does not work for me. I am using Valvs bootloader Anval which also has this fix. Aserel even says that the fix is meant for people with ICH9 and ICH10. I have ICH8M so makes sense that it does not work for me.

Anyway back on topic... any idea about checking c-states?

I have been trying to find a way to see if the various cstates are working on my system. I have CSTInfo=0x1240105 in Ioreg but is that enough to prove there all working? Is there a specific command that shows a particular c-state is working?

Thanks
00D

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,813 posts
Hello guys,

you can easily apply this patch to your DSDT using this editor.

Here is the patch in the automated patcher format
Attached File  SpeedStep.zip   5.24KB   78 downloads
Choose cpu0-3 if your DSDT has CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3

Choose cpu1-4 if your DSDT has CPU1, CPU2, CPU3 and CPU4

There are files with 3 and 4 P-states, you just have to fill the FID and VID values for each state. If you add more states, remember to fix the package size.

Here for the Q6600 CPU
Attached File  Q6600.zip   3.01KB   51 downloads
And here the LPC device-id patch, if you need it
Attached File  LPC.txt.zip   800bytes   44 downloads
Hope it helps the less experienced with DSDT patching.

Regards.

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Well either way it does not work for me. I am using Valvs bootloader Anval which also has this fix. Aserel even says that the fix is meant for people with ICH9 and ICH10. I have ICH8M so makes sense that it does not work for me.

Anyway back on topic... any idea about checking c-states?

I have been trying to find a way to see if the various cstates are working on my system. I have CSTInfo=0x1240105 in Ioreg but is that enough to prove there all working? Is there a specific command that shows a particular c-state is working?

Thanks
00D

Download ICH10 datasheet and read page 455. Notice bit 7. Then get ICH8M datasheet and check if it has a similar bit. If yes then you can try to use lspci to check if deeper C-states work. That CSTInfo in ioreg says that you have some C-states, but it doesn't say how many.

chip_cartman

chip_cartman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello guys,

you can easily apply this patch to your DSDT using this editor.

Here is the patch in the automated patcher format
Attached File  SpeedStep.zip   5.24KB   78 downloads
Choose cpu0-3 if your DSDT has CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3

Choose cpu1-4 if your DSDT has CPU1, CPU2, CPU3 and CPU4

There are files with 3 and 4 P-states, you just have to fill the FID and VID values for each state. If you add more states, remember to fix the package size.

Here for the Q6600 CPU
Attached File  Q6600.zip   3.01KB   51 downloads
And here the LPC device-id patch, if you need it
Attached File  LPC.txt.zip   800bytes   44 downloads
Hope it helps the less experienced with DSDT patching.

Regards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi oldnapalm,

Im having alot of trouble with my speedstep to work with my E6750 cpu and GA-G31M-S2L. I have try so many ways to get it to work but as soon as i try to boot with applecpupowermanagement.kext it kp so i'm am so lost right now. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy