borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

JaS: deetman reported success with AGP: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=115496

btw, what do you think of the fact that the 10.4.4 kext seems to refer directly to R520? isnt that a bit mad?

Sorry for not reading all through the thread, been up all night and im slacking . thanks great news.I am ordering it now lol

About the loading of the atindrv and the other things,maybe you need to use the opengl framework from 4.4 also ?

does nobody else think its strange that the 10.4.4 kexts have the X1800 codename in there, whereas the 10.4.6 kexts have the X1600?

am i going insane?

right enough, i did download that zip from someone else, I guess its possible they edited it.... anyone else have 10.4.4 kexts handy to check?

muunky forget about the kext, the problem comes from the fact it seek for R530....i said flash ur bios and it SHOULD work wihtout surprise as both card are the same

btw JAS can u give us ur callisto files as u give up the 9XXX community :D lucky man! ur gonna have XX years old?

cyclonefr: i'd rather edit the damn kext than try a dodgy flash to a £200 graphics card, thanks all the same! :D

the cards are NOT the same - X1800 is R520, X1600 is R530. they have a different number of pipelines enabled etc (even if they do possibly use the same core).

going to attempt hex edit of kext tonight. failing that, im going to install 10.4.4 / 10.4.5 myzar disc and retry boris method.

so the ATINDRV.kext installed from a JaS 10.4.6 does not have R530 in it either? how odd. can you have a look for 'R520' in there?

R530 is definitely X1600, and R520 is definitely X1800:

"Given the delays to the flagship R520, the GPUs that power Radeon X1300 and Radeon X1600, named RV515 and RV530 respectively, debuted at the same time."

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4458

Most odd and troubling.

yep no r530 only r500/520

btw in all the x1600 bios i had opened they were named rv530 and none of them were r530

ur only hope as i said is to try editing ur bios n changing r520 to r530 who knows...

worst case use a pci card to reflash ur card

Hi,

can someone try if after full screen OpenGL app (like KeyNote and iPhoto) mouse is still scrambled????

If not I will buy immediately this card!

Thanks

Hey, I tried out both Keynote and iPhoto and in both cares, the mouse was perfect. I have the screen shots but in them, the mouse is not shown, but believe me, it works perfect

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c0

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

mine working flawlessy :D

Hi,

can someone try if after full screen OpenGL app (like KeyNote and iPhoto) mouse is still scrambled????

If not I will buy immediately this card!

Thanks

Hey, I tried out both Keynote and iPhoto and in both cares, the mouse was perfect. I have the screen shots but in them, the mouse is not shown, but believe me, it works perfect. post-14928-1148040172_thumb.png post-14928-1148040284_thumb.png

the fact the mouse isnt shown in screenshot is normal : like this on real mac to make perfect screenshot :D

boris is the gui really faster? what else scrolling give u better result on website?

To answer you question, yes.

I have noticed that my GUI is much fatser, more responsive. Also, with games like Civilization 3, Call of Duty, Rise of Nations, I can play full screen, full resolution om all games and not a glitch at all. I had a friend play CoD last night, did not let him know it was on my OSX86 til we finished the game, he was amazed. Always with my GMA900, it was a bit sluggish and never when settings were pushed to the max. The only downside so far is a longer boot time; it is now as long as XP, gasp!!! Still, as JaS said, I can live with that small discomfort. Everry other aspect to this card is wonderful, makes it respond visually and in speed to a real mac (but much cheaper) and besides, I have looked at the new intels and they only offer 128mb. Also, FInal Cut, iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD, all work great too

tried this on mobility x1600 dev-id 71c5 but no go...

i get a black screen but nothing more...OSX is loading in the background since i can shut it down properly via power button+enter... but just a black screen ....anyone else tested this method with this card???

cheers

Okay I just tried it twice and couldn't get it to work.

hardware:

Sapphire x1600xt dev id 71c0

Samsung 1600x1200 VGA capable monitor

Apple Cinema Display 23"

Software:

10.4.6 Originally a myzar 10.4.5 install updated with Myzar v3

Result:

With the samsung on the vga port, I get a freeze on the grey pre-login screen. It sounds like the machine actually finishes booting, though I haven't ssh'd to check. If I boot with -v it looks like the hang is on the loginwindowapp.

With the cinema display I get zero: no video output and it doesn't sound like the machine even attempts to boot. From my conversation with ATI yesterday I gather that I won't ever have my x1600 and CD working together. Looks like its time for ebay etc. for that (the x1600!) sucker.

Good thing Callisto works perfectly with my Radeon x300 and the cinema display!

I think if we can track down the reason why it works on some and figure out how we can get Callisto Framebuffer to work in conjunction with what we have for all Radeons and the Callisto Frame buffer will work with all.. the first part is the basic understanding. So we are left with the general question now... "Why?"