Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Works fine except that when I restart the computer and after login in the display becomes kind of whitish and a big dark line in the middle of it. I have to guess where the screen resolution is to be able to change the resolution and then it works fine. Is anyone else facing this?

installed river on fresh copy here is my output ith -v in boot plist

my card is radeon x700se 5E4F there are two dependances at the the bottom of picture ayone know what ths means :blink:

I got the same kernel panic. The Troubleshoot page on omni's site says that the IO ranges are not mapped correctly for Radeon X-series cards.

I've tried with my notebook Toshiba A100 - Centrino duo - ATi mobility X1600 with no luck... :blink:

My id is 71c5 and I have a Kernel Panic.

I have patience don't worry..

However thank you omni for the good work.

ATI Radeon 9600 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 9600 XT

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4152

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Still have tearing and color banding, worked fine until second reboot, then kernel panic in every OS i have, now installed and working fine, just dont try changing colors and refresh rate.

Thanx Omni :blink:

When I change the resolution on my laptop, the screen slowly fades to white. Anyone else have this problem?

I will install 10.4.5 and post my results.

I am having that prob too.

Asus P4P800-E-Deluxe CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (Running at: 3.0GHz) [sSE3/PAE/HTT] L2 Cache 1024K RAM Usage 255MB/1.0GB Virtual 0.00M/64.00M Disk Usage 6.33GB/149.07GB Display ATI Radeon 9200 Pro [256 MB] 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz OS: Mac OS X 10.4.6 (8I1119) Processes: 51 Up 5:08

At least now with callisto, I have display modes. Even though screens starts going wild and a lot of white fade or white gamma takes over ... I have to keep switching display modes until it looks normal. I still have some tearing and other graphics issues going around though. But I thank omni for the hard work, at least the pc is still usable. And the best is about to come. I cant wait to see Nvidia and ATI working good. and on monday I'm getting my x1600 Pro 512mb AGP so I hope it works all good , i want to play games so bad

ATI radeon x300 (id: 5460) here on a dell inspiron 6000. Resoultion change causes a white screen and some weird boxes just how the others have said. I guess i'm stuck at 1024x768. No more mouse artifacts though after the driver loaded. =]

With the problem of "White screen with blue vertical lines on mode change", how can I change back to the original resolution? Callisto seems to remember a setting somewhere, anyone knows? When Callisto is disabled, screen res does go back to the previous.

Thanks!

cyclonefr, my screen is so bad that the desktop not usable, no can I start any programme. I need to reset Callisto's setting before trying anything else.

btw, did you see omin's troubleshoot about the problem: "move the cursor with keyboard..." Only if I can go beack to a working desktop to try.

I got white screen on my laptop with 9000 mobility too, but I'm not really upset, because Callisto drivers is just for CRT monitors I think... At least I don't want to change native 1400x1050 to something else and ability to change refresh rates is something useless on LCD as for me. So ppl with laptops and LCDs don't really need this driver I think... May be I'm wrong, but will wait for JaS drivers, may be theire will bring some "movie/divx/dvd/video support" to my laptop, because interface, scrolling and other things like that is fast and smooth enough even without ATI*.kext loading :)

P.S. Sorry for my english ;)

yes this workaround sux, it is just if u wanna avoid restarting when changing resolution...

in my opinion the white screen is only a bad signal sent to the screen and omni can fix it but we need to wait for an alpha 002 stage.

Too bad he doesnt post anymore here

im back to 1280x1024 forced in boot.plist

For everyone that thinks this driver has solved mouse tearing are wrong. Mouse tearing will only occur with QE (or is it CI/both?) are enabled. By default with this driver they won't be enabled, you need to enable them.

So its no suprise that a vanilla install of this driver will get rid of mouse tearing, so would running in VESA mode...

Btw, works 100% for me. 9600 Pro.

No luck with my ati fire gl Z1, the install is ok but when I change the resolution my LCD' refreshing rate is out of range who result a black screen, may be the problems come from .

I can have acces to the native resolution (1680*1050) but the problems of resolution make the driver not working for me unfortunatly.

But omni good works for the driver keep it up the good work.

i've installed a Callisto Driver, but when i have change the resolution of monitor from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 the monitor is looked at black. How can restore default resolution.

sorry for my easy english, but i'm italian

This is probably a really really stupid question. I looked at the FAQ, specifically, this:

# How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeonXXXX.plugin/ (XXXX depends on your card model). Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB, update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, then reboot.

I looked in the Extensions folder, but found no ATI files there at all, apart from ATI.kext... any ideas why I can't find it?

I'm using a Radeon 200m, if it makes any difference.

For those who get a black screen on resolution change and can't get their display back, boot with -s, do the fsck -fy and mount -uw /, and then rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*. Reboot. This should restore your resolution to 1024x768.

As for the Xpress 200M, neither QE/CI nor resolution change is supported for us. We get the short end of the stick in every operating system on the market. :withstupid:

I'm getting the same problem as cyclonefr and the rest of those guys with an LCD and 9800.

I've got an LCD with a 9800XL (it uses the 9800 pro core, but has half the VRAM :S), and it just white, and I have to use guesswork to blindly set the resolution down, then back up. I tried to submit the feedback on omni's site, but it didn't work.

My monitor sees the resolution and frequency of the signal its getting to be correct (1440x900@60Hz), but, I'm guessing as a result of being detected as a CRT, the picture is distorted badly. This is also preventing me from using CI and QE (I think), since the screen just goes black (no mouse cursor or anything) with a "signal out of range", then "no signal".

I looked in the Extensions folder, but found no ATI files there at all, apart from ATI.kext... any ideas why I can't find it?

I'm using a Radeon 200m, if it makes any difference.

Well its the ATIRadeonXXXXGA.plugin and ATIRadeonGA.plugin file to be used, I think omni wrote it in a hurry so he forgot to add 'GA' to it. :withstupid:

Good luck.

Btw u know how to open a package????? Right mouse-click and press 'show package-contents'