10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

I'm running 10.5.5 - I know there are issues updating to 10.5.6 (stuff you have to do) so I avoided it.

[stupid question]So if I upgrade straight to 10.5.7 using the combo update, will I have any problems?[/stupid question]

Sorry for noob-ness (still learning).

I'm running 10.5.5 - I know there are issues updating to 10.5.6 (stuff you have to do) so I avoided it.

[stupid question]So if I upgrade straight to 10.5.7 using the combo update, will I have any problems?[/stupid question]

Sorry for noob-ness (still learning).

I had some of the same problems with this update that I did with the 10.5.6 update. The same fixes worked this time too. (I had to fix my sound and Time Machine again.) Just follow one of the guides for installing 10.5.6, and use the 10.5.7 Combo Update instead, and it should work fine.

Retail disk install on Acer 5920g, had issues updating from software update.

But installed from dmg download, tho there was a time when restarting the screen just kept looping with a blank. Did a forced reboot and OsX rebooted 2 times B4 finally returning back to normal.

Seems to be a lot more responsive after the update tho :blink:

Even the scrolling in Safari seemed to have gotten smoother on my machine!

Flash is much better also!

kek

gigabyte EP45-DS3

q8200

8gb pc2 8500 mem

retail + voodoo 9.5 + chameleon 2

install went smooth and I didn't have to reinstall voodoohda to get sound again.

What I do notice is that systemprofiler, the first tab won't work, under hardware.

You know that's the screen that first pop ups after you click for more info, subcategories all work.

It says some error occured while gathering information.

Another interesthing fact it displays my ram as:

Bank0/1/A0:

Grootte: 2 GB

Type: DDR2 SDRAM

Snelheid: 667 MHz

Fabrikant: N/A

Onderdeelnummer: N/A

Serienummer: N/A

I never had that make/partnumber/serial number before? just the first 3.

It's almost nothing but I'd like to have iy fixed, anyone knows?

It's not crashing as told earlier in this thread and that solution didn't work for me.

just thought i would give my experience with the new update...

asus p5n-e sli

core 2 6420 2.13ghz

3gbz 667mhz ram

8500GT efi strings

alc883 audio

I decided to download the combo update and install, after installing i then ran the anv kernel installer again to rewrite the kernel (not sure if this needed doing, i can't run vanilla).

Restarted twice and things seem ok, networking and graphics all working fine, i had to reinstall sound drivers and the system profiler has an error on the first tab as with the above poster.

Just tried the update on my Hackintosh. No go.

I'm using a nearly 100% vanilla install. Straight vanilla install, remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, add dsmso.kext + NVkush, that's it.

The first time I tried to install the update the whole machine froze at about "14% writing files". So I went into a different OSX install and installed the update from there on to the other drive (this is how I installed 10.5.6 FWIW).

Anyway, after the 10.5.7 update when I boot it stops after the "found boot device". Normally this means that dsmso.kext is not installed but that's not the case here so I'm baffled.

Would an update such as this need a new dsmso.kext? I somehow doubt it. Weird... my machine is so vanilla, I didn't expect any issues.

Did the install on my Core i7 system had to download and install the update.

after the update finished it asked me to reboot. but got stuck at the blank blue screen with the spinner doohickey but after the reset button was pushed it booted then rebooted then booted and rebooted again then cam up running just fine

Hi all,

I just tried updating my Dell 1525 from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7.

I installed the combo update, but then during installation I got a gray screen saying

'You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart Button'

And now whenever I restart I get the same message. In verbose mode I note a BSD: kernel_task panic.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I installed 10.5.7 today using Software update and besides having to reinstall sound, everything works perfectly.

I am running OS X retail with Chameleon 2 RC1

Gigabyte P35-DS3L

Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz

4gb Kingston HyperX

GeForce 8800GTS 512 (G92)

Will attempt a normal software update to 10.5.7 from a 10.5.6 Retail Boot-132 install as soon as I finish copying approx 94 GB of files off a drive that I have to reformat (1 hour left :/).

Installed 10.5.7 on my system: iDeneb 10.5.6 running on a Asus p5q-SE w/ modded bios, E7200@3GHz, 2GB 1066 ram, 9600GT 512MB

I had that strange loop - after the update finished and I clicked restart the screens turned blue and nothing happened for about 10 minutes. The screens kept flickering every couple seconds like they're refreshing, but the HD wasn't doing anything and I restarted.

Next boot I started in verbose, saw the desktop for a second, and then it froze but one of the screens turned back into single user with an error.

The next restart went fine - everything's now working except system profiler and sounds on my board. I'm fixing that now...