• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

oxtobyd

oxtobyd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
your only real hope is to skin XP into OSX, i've played with RKLauncher and FlyaKiteOSX, and u know there very very good products, yeah yeah not the same, but hey us SSE pawpers have to get what we can.....

zhLilDoggi

zhLilDoggi

Former Admin of OSX86 Project.

• Retired
  • 199 posts
OR use qemu!

joostpossemiers

joostpossemiers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Is anywone trying this with Bochs?

Prot

Prot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
SSE3 is an optional hardware feature on MacOS X for Intel and is not enabled by default on gcc-4.0. If SSE3 is turned on, the C preprocessor symbol __SSE3__ is defined.

--Source: Apple

nixcamic

nixcamic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

arg my overclocked barton 2500 with 1gb of corsair and raid array has more than enough power if only apple wasnt so magical trevor retarded in encoding something explicitley for sse2 it's an extension no program let alone operating system should DEPEND on it's presence. but then again apple never intended it to run on anything but new intel hardware which is sad and a leaves out amd. AMD has some great technology but it doesnt have the resources intel does to push out the new designs and research smaller manufacturing processes, I read intel has perfected it's .45 process if only amd had the funds to pursue that then they could really give intel a run for its' money. Not that apple is a big fish anymore it's not a lot of bussiness really for intel but anyways the point of the whole rant is this blows I love my barton and apple should have kept their options open by compiling this so that sse2 and 3 COULD be used if they were there but so that it would not DEPEND on them. What if they do decide to liscense this out to pc's they'll loose bussiness.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So apple is redarded for making an os that you cant pirate? And theres no amd cpus with sse3? and apple somewhere has secret plans to use amd processors, without first changing their os to run on them? and apple really gives a rip if you can run a pirated version of their os on your barton, I think you should phone up apple support and complain. like common, their a hardware company (something that people need to be told over and over again) and buying other peoples hardware definantly doesnt help them. and just because sse3 is a extention doesnt be oses shouldnt be optimized for it, would you like everything to run in native 8086 mode, without any fpu extentions, incase i decide to install windows vista on my xt? next time think before ranting, apple doesnt plan on making a barton based powermac anytime in the near future, so why should they make an os that supports it?

bgmccollum

bgmccollum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
i've said it before, and i'll say it again...

...kids...

*Shakes Head*

darkhooda

darkhooda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Anyone know how to use the patched developer CD on QEMU? Also Bochs? With kqemu it says that it can run at 80% or over of native processor capacity. Anyone?

joostpossemiers

joostpossemiers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I'm trying it with Bochs. But how can i add SSE2 support in Bochs?

joostpossemiers

joostpossemiers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
OSX86 in QEMU

What's this?

ddg

ddg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
which does the DOTHAN 1.5G cpu belong to?

paultje3181

paultje3181

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
with SSE only (athlon xp 2800+ barton) I only got to the first thing, but no debugger was found and it hangs. What a pity. Hopefully Apple gets it better without SSE2, but my guess is that this won't be happening...

Pity!!!

Reanimation_LP

Reanimation_LP

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Man, I cant WAIT to get my Sempron 2800+. :(

64-Bit and SSE3! w00t!

Kenta

Kenta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I tired on my overclocked 2800+ Barton and all I got to was the boot screen and it stayed in one spot for a day and a half, so I gave up.

Right now I'm using it on my P4 machine but I can't seem to get any PPC apps to work.

By the way, I don't see why OS X86 wouldn't be optimized for anything LESS than SSE3 because Apple wants you to use Apple hardware, and they will most likley sell only SSE3 processors. Espcially since by the time the new Mac Intel boxes are being sold (not the devkits) Intel may stop making < SS3 processors.

And Blackice hello!
I didn't expect to see anyone from AeroXp here.

the empty calorie

the empty calorie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Actually, every processor on the current Intel line has SSE3. Said and done.

Computing

Computing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The Intel Pentium M on my laptop does not support SSE3, it only has up to SSE2.

dmdimon

dmdimon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

your only real hope is to skin XP into OSX, i've played with RKLauncher and FlyaKiteOSX, and u know there very very good products, yeah yeah not the same, but hey us SSE pawpers have to get what we can.....

Ok, I PERSONALLY got to installer drive selection on P III on Intel 815. Sadly, it can't see my drives.
For this to happen you need a lot of (strange) tweaking in BIOS. As I killed my main HD with this, I had to reset settings to reinstall win on new HD. Since then I can't reproduce that BIOS combination - but I just afraid of killing my drive again.

dtws

dtws

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
so i cant use rosetta with my sse processor?

witzer

witzer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, music, movies, macos
is SSE3 for Intel any different to SSE3 for AMD?

coz i read some forums that some apps that require rosetta won't run on AMD SSE3. tried Preview for example. it is tipped that to view pictures with Preview i need to check the "Open with Rosetta" option. i've done that and yet i'm not getting any result.

m4ff3w

m4ff3w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Actually, every processor on the current Intel line has SSE3. Said and done.

That is untrue. The current Pentium M line (Dothan) does not support SSE3, it's replacement, Yonah does.

Kasterborous

Kasterborous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Man, I cant WAIT to get my Sempron 2800+. :huh:

64-Bit and SSE3! w00t!

You don't get 64bit with Semprons, dude. Sorry :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy