Slimbuild - Boot-132 CD Creator for OS X

munky

342 posts in this topic

i keep getting this error

##### RAMDISK FILE POPULATION PHASE #####

Mounting RAMDISK image for file population.

mkdir: /Volumes/initrd/Extra: Read-only file system

RAMDISK directory tree was not created succesfully! Aborting!

Unmounting RAMDISK...

I keep getting the Image Checksum error. Any advice?

The files in the boot 132 iso are in Caps. In windows using apps like Magic ISO or Ultra ISO try and rename the caps file in low. Example INITRD.IMG > initrd.img

Hope it will work for u either. Good luck

I used the slimbuild GUI and get the checksum error... mod the file names in windows with ISO commander to lower case... look at CD after burning, still lower case. But still get the checksum error.

Only Boot 132 i've got to work is the bumby one but I get stuck at the Aura screen with the spinning ball before I can do anything. Someone said it was the Boot 132 i used... I also got the check sum when I tried to edit the initrd.img file to add my kexts for the bumby.

Hi munky,

I noticed your using -iso -hfs to build the iso. Is there any advantage to that?

If you change it to -iso -joliet it will stop the "Press any key to boot cd or press F8 for options" message cycle and instead just bring you to boot: as some of the earliest boot132 iso's do.

I find it a bit cleaner to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy's I want to use this method to install leopard on my machine, I've got all the kexts I need but could someone upload a working com.apple.boot.plist for me please?

And also if I want to have a vanilla kernel do I still need to include some kind of kernel of the disk, or do I leave the kernel directory empty?

Any help is appriciated :).

Hey guy's I want to use this method to install leopard on my machine, I've got all the kexts I need but could someone upload a working com.apple.boot.plist for me please?

And also if I want to have a vanilla kernel do I still need to include some kind of kernel of the disk, or do I leave the kernel directory empty?

Any help is appriciated :hysterical:.

No need to add a kernel if you want vanilla. Also your boot CD is probably working fine. When you get to the prompt about com.apple.boot.plist just press F8 then ESCAPE. You should see a prompt about choosing your boot drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am trying to build an OS-X system on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R motherboard which has an ATI HD3870-x2 graphics card

I am running OpenBSD, Ubuntu, Windows Vist and Windows 7 systems. I do not have access to a MAC system.

Can anyone out there supply instructions on how to build a customized BootCD-123 on a non-MAC system?

• 2 months later...

So im basically computer retarded, I cant figure out from the instructions how to run the root command. Putting the extensions in is simple but then the steps after are

Then run the slimbuild script as root:

cd /dir/to/slimbuild

sudo ./slimbuild.sh

I do not get where I put this in or activate the command at all so my iso can be created.

• 4 weeks later...

Trying this out for the first time and the script fails even if I don't include any extensions at all... Anything I am missing?

roach$ sudo ./slimbuild2.sh

SlimBuild v2.0 ©Galaxy 2008.
Special Thanks To:
munky - getting the public interested in SlimBuild.
BladeRunner - com.apple.Boot.plist RAMDISK population / sript ideas.
Testers - for their input on the scripts usability.

##### PREVIOUSBUILD SESSION EXECUTED #####
This session's build time is 2010-08-17-192549
This session's files will be available at PreviousBuilds/Build.2010-08-17-192549

##### MKEXT CREATION PHASE #####
Permissions are being set for the following extensions:
All extensions have proper permissions for meta-kernel extension cache creation.
Performing kextcache operation, please wait a moment...
Meta-kernel extension cache of size 32768 bytes created successfully.

##### RAMDISK CREATION PHASE #####
Determining proper RAMDISK file size.
Meta-kernel extension detected with size 31347 bytes.
Total RAMDISK size will be less than the minimum size.
RAMDISK of the minimum size will be created.
Creating RAMDISK image, please wait a moment...
newfs_hfs: /dev/rdisk5s2: partition is too small (minimum is 512 KB)
RAMDISK image creation failed! Aborting!