iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

So I did, and it's no use.

Will download 1.3 and see if it's any different but I don't think so, so far any distro has been like this.

Badeendje, at install-time choose the nederlandse language file.

If you do not want to reinstall, or have a distro other than iDeneb, get an original Leopard disc, select optional installs and select dutch language files.

In either case, afterwards go to system preferences -> international and draw nederlands to top position. select formats and set for dutch units and formats as well. Reboot, and pronto 100 % dutch!.

Lots of apps still have english ui though.

I have installed v1.1 only a few days ago...

Is a patch to update from 1.1 to 1.3 coming out???

Installing OSX86 everytime apple makes an update is not very productive for the users...

Don't get me wrong, i really apreciate your work, thanks a lot...

Installing OSX86 everytime apple makes an update is not very productive for the users...

With time machine backups you can get the system up and running pretty fast. If you want easy updates start working on getting a Hackintosh which can use official updates or buy a real mac. Also with Software Update by Zephuroth (ASU 0.5) you can get a lot of updates without troubles, updates for itunes etc are without a problem.

Since 9.5 is a vanilla kernel in this distro, do you have to have a Core2Duo to use this kernel? Does this mean P4, PD, PM and AMD users must use a 9.4 kernel with this? Will it be possible to add the Voodoo XNU 9.5 kenel at a later stage when it is out of alpha/beta?

So many questions and very few answers -_-

soon will be released an upgrade pack to 10.5.5 :P

Thanks for the release Layne,,

i would like to ask when are you going to do a release that will support Conexant HD Audio, Atheros AR5007 wifi device and built-in USB VC web cam,,

your release is very good than the other distros i've tried so far.

keep up the good work! goodluck,,

Just thought I'd mention a few things. We really shouldn't be posting direct links to torrents and torrent sites here. Moderators will have to remove those posts, so it's best to do that via PM, if people don't know what is meant by the "green demon"... ;-) If anyone needs an invite, they can PM me... I think I can invite someone or two. Maybe someone will also post this at one of the bigger public trackers, too, but for now, Green D will be workable if you can locate the file using a search site.

For people using an earlier version of iDeneb and just want to update to 10.5.5 without to much hassle, you might also try Mysticus C's 10.5.5 combo update patches. They worked very well for me and he's truly stellar about offering support. You need to contact him to get a link for his pre- and post- patches and you use the combo updater from Apple between running the two patches. Read his post to get the details.

I may still go ahead and download iDeneb 10.5.5 so that I have a good "fresh install" DVD for any foreseeable situation. From what I can tell, you have put together a great distro, Layne! Kudos!

e ... Grazie!

Hi guys,

now I have a working kalyway 10.5.3 installed with few updates and lots of software installed since I make music with the Mac.

Time machine is hooked up and running.

Can I now install from scrath ideneb 10.5.5 and restore all my software with time machine and be back to the exact status I was before but with a 10.5.5 situation?

Thnks

@coke15 : I've currently burn 3 DVD with speed x4 iAtkos (lastest), ideneb 10.5.4 (before this release), and Kalyway 10.5.2.

I've every time the same behavior :

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x3e, ASCQ = 0x02.

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x3e, ASCQ = 0x02.

Based on the post below : (http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t123907.html), it's appears that this problem can be solve with AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST.zip file.

This release seem have this patch :

Chipset:

• AppleNForceATA

• AppleNForceATA Test

Badeendje, it is possible. I'm using v1.1 right now, and my finder is totally Nederlands (Dutch). You'll have to choose Dutch during setup (aangepaste installatie); and after reboot you'll have to put 'Nederlands' in top of the list in Preferences (Voorkeuren). It works here!

For your interest: with 10.5.2 I used two installs over each other to get Dutch language. I.e. I first installed Leo4all5.2 to get Dutch language on a 'clean' partition, and afterward I installed kalyway10.2 (no Dutch language support) right over it (without formatting the partition). Don't know if something similar can be done with 10.5.4.

But, above is not necessary, because iDeneb has 'native' support for Dutch.

Badeendje, als je een link naar 10.5.5 hebt, mag ik die dan ook?

I used the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement disabler kext, installed 10.5.5, and removed the AppleIntelCPUPower

Management.kext as soon as it appeared, the terminal solution isn't working for me or any on the installs I tried.

This works on Kalyway, Ideneb an iAtkos.

Tried a reinstall of of iDeneb bus still no Dutch :'(

Really weird, did exactly those steps.

I used the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement disabler kext, installed 10.5.5, and removed the AppleIntelCPUPower

Management.kext as soon as it appeared, the terminal solution isn't working for me or any on the installs I tried.

This works on Kalyway, Ideneb an iAtkos.

Tried a reinstall of of iDeneb bus still no Dutch :'(

Really weird, did exactly those steps.

you have selected dutch during installation?

Hi...I updated to 10.5.4 but no sound and video went back to 1028x7xx only. I fixed those issues but now I notice that it only see's one core on my cpu. I have a Pendium D with 2 cores. I used the Modbin 9.4.0 kernal and I was using the 9.2.2 before. My mac is running quite slower then before.

Any advice to get my second core back would be great

Thxs