Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

inmotion

1) Put it in /System/Library/Extensions

2) Do a permission repair by Disk Utility

3) Reboot

Ull probably need to do some kext/plist editiing, so if it doesnt work, try adding ur device id to the plist. If u donot know how to do that, search on the forum for the 10.4.1 guide. Similar way

Hi all....

sorry for my poor english... I'm not mothertongue.... hope I'll be clear enough

I also tried the kext supplied by Unstable connection..... and I also have a "3852" vga

(note: chown root:wheel stuff done !)

first try: the kext don't load at all (kextstat doesn't report it, doing kextload -t give an error related to CFBundleidentifier)

inside Info.plist we have

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntel915</string>

I've seen that inside the binary file AppleIntel915 (in Contents/MacOS subdir) there is two times the string: com.apple.AppleSW

so I used a hex editor and changed the string inside the binary file.....

now kextload works ....

but when I reboot nothing changed.... except that, when I check with kextstat, I have the AppleIntel915.kext listed.... but on system profile I get the same "no kext loaded" in the display section

dmesg shows the problem... it list 3/4 times "GFX0: family specific matching fails".... it seems that the driver can be loaded but fails in "family matching"... don't know exactly what it means, but I found this page searching for the "family specific matching fails"....

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/D..._section_3.html

Unstable: maybe you can provide this info to your friend ......

bye

k.

Karu, on my system i could always do a manual kextload, just that at startup it would not load. Even after doing a manual kextload, the System Pref would show, No kext loaded.

Please lets stop all the talk, this is making this thread into something else.

Just to re-iterate to everyone. My donation will be to run my 3582 chipset with QE and CI on 10.4.5 not the earlier versions of the os. I already have the rightres with retail, but on QE or CI.

Update he has the source for AppleIntegratedGraphics.kext, now he needs 830 kext and 915 kext source's from 10.4.1. I have asked him to reverse engineer the kexts in the mean time

Dear ppl,

I am Unstable Connection's friend who modified the driver for the 855GM/GME chipset. the issue is that it worked on my friends laptop simply because he was using a revised edition of the same chipset on which no issues occur. testing it with dev id 3582 gives problems, and the kext fails to load. I now plan to code a driver from scratch that basiclly extends the VESA frame buffer and enables higher resolutions, solving the VRAM allocation issue. This is the approach i used to get high resolutions on my onboard 6100 geforce card as the macvidia drivers do not work with it. What are your opinions on the success rate of this method.. Lemme know so that I can start coding. OpenGL support will take time and patience.

Karthik Ramgopal

If anyone else is willing to help in coding this driver pls do join me.. I would appreciate some help as coding from scratch will be adaunting task.

:( Thanx

Update he has the source for AppleIntegratedGraphics.kext, now he needs 830 kext and 915 kext source's from 10.4.1. I have asked him to reverse engineer the kexts in the mean time

I want to help, my university keeps an extensive archive of tons of apple software, both development and released. I have access to it. I guess I would like to look for the 830 and 915 sources from the 10.4.1 version but don't exactly know what to look for.

Is it the case that they were never realeased? Or were they released and then deleated after they were obsolete? If thats the case, there is a good chance they are still on this server somewhere because it is updated frequently with new files but im yet to see something actually be deleated. My hunch is that it is still there, i just need to find it.

PLEASE let me know what im looking for, specific file names or extensions, and where these would have been originally located, I do my best and see what i can turn up!

They were realeased but then deleted.

You should look for

AppleIntel830.kext, AppleIntel915.kext and any other files starting with AppleIntel830 or AppleIntel915

They were realeased but then deleted.

You should look for

AppleIntel830.kext, AppleIntel915.kext and any other files starting with AppleIntel830 or AppleIntel915

Okay, so look for Darwin 8.01 and then for the bianary files? Or what? Just look for AppleIntel830.kext? Or a different extension? How will i know if its the source code?

Hey Dragon,

If Apple wanted to keep them free, they would have kept them surely on the open darwin website. PPC binaries of all drivers are still there, but no Intel source code or binaries any longer except few {censored} sample codes. Will try my best.

Hope to see 1280*800 soon!!! :police: