Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

thanks for that info too :( I'm stuck though (see my previous post). I will edit that post further to avoid creating new posts here in this thread.

You left out the most important line the !#/bin/sh this tells the system it is a script file to be executed by the sh shell plus make sure you did the chmod +x /path/to/script/file.sh to make it executable.

Edit: The !#/bin/sh must be the first line in the file as well there can be no blank lines above it at all or spaces in front of it for that matter.

You can never run a script maked with TextEdit.app cuz after u saved the file u need to make 755 permissions.

A good way is to use vim or nano editor. The file saved has right permissions to run on terminal :(

You can never run a script maked with TextEdit.app cuz after u saved the file u need to make 755 permissions.

A good way is to use vim or nano editor. The file saved has right permissions to run on terminal :)

Still need to make it executable with chmod +x no matter which method you use which gives you 755 for the permissions.

macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ ll test.sh.rtf 
-rw-r--r--@ 1 MacUser2525  staff  339 Aug 21 13:46 test.sh.rtf
macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ mv test.sh.rtf test.sh
macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ chmod +x test.sh
macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ ll test.sh
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 MacUser2525  staff  339 Aug 21 13:46 test.sh
macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ nano test2.sh
macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ ll test2.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 MacUser2525  staff  18 Aug 21 13:47 test2.sh
macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ chmod +x test2.sh
macuser2525s-p35-ds3r:~ MacUser2525$ ll test2.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 MacUser2525  staff  18 Aug 21 13:47 test2.sh

OK!

after 2 days (i'm noob for automator :D ) i maked first stable release application that reset the driver every 5 minutes...

I hope this can help everyone is waiting more stable driver version.

CYA TO ALL!!! :(

Working great here, thanks!

OK!

after 2 days (i'm noob for automator :wacko: ) i maked first stable release application that reset the driver every 5 minutes...

I hope this can help everyone is waiting more stable driver version.

CYA TO ALL!!! :)

Does it have any setting option to change 5 minutes to xx minutes? This is because for some people, distortion start at 2-3 minutes while in my case it start at 8th minute. Regardless of these solutions, Any app that gives sound output, will crash upon automated load and unload of .kext file. VLC crashes, Quicktime crashes, not sure :thumbsdown_anim: but it is expected that almost all will crash if NOT using "Pause" button in their app. If automated script is ON, a person can slip pressing "pause or stop" which will result to crash.

Anyone know if there are plans in the works for a driver for the Audigy SE?

I'm not sure how hard it is for you guys to do so.

Looks to me like you guys can do anything if you tried...

There are very rare chances that Eugene will implement support for an unknown processor chip. Partially, Creative is to be blamed for such issues as they are not willing to give tech details to kX dudes. This is exactly why even X-Fi series are not supported by kX. My first post does talk about X-Fi at the bottom.

wildchild, you should try to ask these questions in Official thread too (if you want better explanation or possiblity of SE ported on kX)

DJ_Stick's Updated list for kX supported audio cards || kX General Discussion (Create new thread and ask them why etc)

I tried the Crontab stuff step by step but didn't have any success and thinking about Automated load & unload crash, its probably not worth it either. The best thing at this point, wait for stable release of driver (unless some app supports auto pause upon unload of .kext)

Does it have any setting option to change 5 minutes to xx minutes? This is because for some people, distortion start at 2-3 minutes while in my case it start at 8th minute. Regardless of these solutions, Any app that gives sound output, will crash upon automated load and unload of .kext file. VLC crashes, Quicktime crashes, not sure but it is expected that almost all will crash if NOT using "Pause" button in their app. If automated script is ON, a person can slip pressing "pause or stop" which will result to crash.

I send the workflow project, so anyone can set manually, for proprer soundcard, the sleep variable (in seconds) used as timer. After any user setted up his/her timing, save the project as application (Save As). This method is good to don't use Automator interface! :)

The crash of applications is linked at soundcard driver. Anytime the script (kextunload and kextload) work, the OS has no more soundcard installed on (for 1 second); the application crash because don't find any soundcard installed.

I Repeat! My tool is only one help, waiting a more stable driver release.

Regarding the "distorsion timing" i tested my soundcard in some case. Using iTunes my SBLive resist for 7 minutes. Using a game that have audio streaming, the timing is 4-5 minutes.

CYA TO ALL

I forgot to tell i used Audio Hijack Pro application with SoundFlower plugin to resolve my hang out applications. The SoundFlower plugin create a virtual soundcard in the system (i use to have realtime effects on my sound).

The fact to have other soundcard enabled help applications and web contents (youtube) to continue to work.

SBLive_reset_workflow.zip

hi runing 1.0b3 driver on SB Audigy Platinum SB0090 10k2 [c400] same problems sound go bad after few minutes - SBLive_reset_workflow help to reload driver automaticly.

Applications wich not crashing when reload driver:

(Less then sec. no sound, but continue playing.)

iTunes, Quicktime,

Apps which crash: vlc

Multichannel - 5.1 surround:

L.Front / R.Front (1/2)

L.Rear / R.Rear (3/4)

Center / SW (5/6)

adjustable channels only 1, 2. At audio midi setup can hear all channels, when I press them. Surround works at all players.

First of all id like to say Eugene... U ROCK!

anyways just installed it on my machine with my Audigy platinum ex, sound is great! except for the distortion bug every couple of minutes... :S

Surround sound works great too, but no inputs what so ever.

the only question i have is about the inputs, thats what im most interested in, the I/O box that comes with the platinum ex. will there be support for that?

Hi, just want to ask. I use to have Linux before i find osx86. There is ALSA Dliver working under Linux. OSX and Linux are both unix base systems. Would be possible rebuild ALSA driver for OSX?

Every time there is talk of driver development, this question comes up. Every time, the answer is the same: No.

Porting drivers from linux to os x is a lot of work, otherwise, don't you think after 3 years, we'd all just be doing that?

Every time there is talk of driver development, this question comes up. Every time, the answer is the same: No.

Porting drivers from linux to os x is a lot of work, otherwise, don't you think after 3 years, we'd all just be doing that?

Well then I have a windows driver will that work? *Runs and hides* ;P

Hi, thanks. I feel stupid for that. I dont see that deep to this.

By the way, fireware working rear and front panel aswell.

Big respect to you all programmers

PS: sorry for my english

Hello :) i have installed Mac OS X86 Tiger, and i have sound card Creative Audigy 2, i was downloaded this driver, but NOT WORKING, driver is installing, but don`t work. Noting happend.

Please help me :) i want sound on my hackintosh :angel:

Thanks!

----------------

i get this error on console:

2008-08-28 18:28:17.381 SystemUIServer[200] Menu Extra: <AppleVolumeExtra: 0x3c72c0> is over retained.

and

Aug 28 18:31:15 caspers-computer kernel[0]: ntfs_procfixups: magic doesn't match: 00000000 != 58444e49