Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

DuMbGuM

DuMbGuM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Great work so far, for me it dies after listening to about two songs (using SB Audigy 2 ZS), and the audio quality is pretty high-end, similar to the crispyness mentioned before. Keep up the hard work, I love dual booting Vista x64 and Leopard x86, will be even better when stable audio arrives, an exciting time for hackintosh users! :)

whoistylerdurden

whoistylerdurden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Finally, working sound!

Two issues: the well-known distortion after 10 minutes or so bug, and I can't get 5.1 surround working. I can choose 5.1 in the Audio Midi Utility and set them up (the white noise plays in all 6 speakers properly when clicking on them) but no 5.1 while playing iTunes, video files, or a DVD. The audio output only allows changes to 1 and 2; M and 3-8 are grayed out.

My card is the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer.

Finally, working sound!

Two issues: the well-known distortion after 10 minutes or so bug, and I can't get 5.1 surround working. I can choose 5.1 in the Audio Midi Utility and set them up (the white noise plays in all 6 speakers properly when clicking on them) but no 5.1 while playing iTunes, video files, or a DVD. The audio output only allows changes to 1 and 2; M and 3-8 are grayed out.

My card is the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer.

wildchild

wildchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Sorry guys. Until you develop drivers for the SE version, count me out.

ph33r213

ph33r213

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

As r00t:

bash-3.2# crontab -l
MAILTO=username
*/2 * * * * /Users/username/refresh_sb.sh
bash-3.2# cat /Users/username/refresh_sb.sh 
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
[ $? -ne 0 ] && /sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
[ $? -ne 0 ] && /sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
bash-3.2# _

I could not use a wait time higher than 2mins to refresh driver, as it gets out of sync in about 140secs. By scheduling this on your cron, you will end up with a 1sec mute each even minute, but hey, for me it is worth: my onboard sound is horrible :)

thanks for this. :rolleyes:

this should probably be added to the first post :(

tungmeister

tungmeister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
mods i think this would be a good thread to sticky

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

mods i think this would be a good thread to sticky

hmmm, for some strange reason they're NOT doing it though... :)

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Three years.

It's been three years since the dream started, and now finally someone has given it substance.

Congratulations to you, Brian Souder would be proud.

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Three years.

It's been three years since the dream started, and now finally someone has given it substance.

Congratulations to you, Brian Souder would be proud.

Brian? reminds me of that nasty search operation of mine, (2 days :P) when I found m-Audia's beta and Brian's last quotes (2005). I wonder what happened to him :) Anyways, if you look at E's registration date (Jan 2007@InsanelyMac), its pretty much obvious that he was willing to make drivers (Though he responded to me, he would have done it either of ways) :)

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
this morning I have purchased an audigy 2 values (sb0400). And' supported? I have tried to reinstallare different times the drivers but without success.

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

this morning I have purchased an audigy 2 values (sb0400). And' supported? I have tried to reinstallare different times the drivers but without success.

If your card is based on EMU10kX, you may report bug at E's bug report page of build3 and report this issue.

EDIT: This list might further help you... (updated first page)

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts

Brian? reminds me of that nasty search operation of mine, (2 days :P ) when I found m-Audia's beta and Brian's last quotes (2005). I wonder what happened to him :( Anyways, if you look at E's registration date (Jan 2007@InsanelyMac), its pretty much obvious that he was willing to make drivers (Though he responded to me, he would have done it either of ways) :)

I was the one who asked him to come to our community and finish the driver work he'd started for OS X. But apparently, he didn't have the expertise (or time) to finish coding the driver himself. He did give a bunch of nice information though. Anyways, you must realize this isn't just a breakthrough for Hackintosh, this is a breakthrough for all Macs, which can now once again use Sound Blaster cards. :P

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I was the one who asked him to come to our community and finish the driver work he'd started for OS X. But apparently, he didn't have the expertise (or time) to finish coding the driver himself. He did give a bunch of nice information though. Anyways, you must realize this isn't just a breakthrough for Hackintosh, this is a breakthrough for all Macs, which can now once again use Sound Blaster cards. :(

You gotta wonder, do Mac Pro users not want decent sound cards? Why were no drivers ever made for PCI cards?

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
Help me?

Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6c99000]::initHardware(0x639c280)
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6c99000]::initHardware: bus/dev/func: 1/1/0; device/subsys/chip: ffffffff:ffffffff:ffffffff - at port fffe
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6c99000]::initHardware: I/O range @0x10 (00008880) mapped into 70c4b880 [up to 72c4b8bf]
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice [HAL] --- kX Software Abstraction Level Library init ---
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: kX Audio Driver (Debug)
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: version: 5.10.00.3545 - debug
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright � Eugene Gavrilov, 2001-2008. All rights reserved.
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: Library Compiled Aug 15 2008, 17:51:22
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost ifcstart[25]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
Aug 18 21:41:45 localhost kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice [HAL] PCI: bad device/subsys supplied [ffffffff]
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko org.ntp.ntpd[14]: Error : nodename nor servname provided, or not known
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko backupd-helper[86]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice [HAL] !!! PCI init failed
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko configd[34]: _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6c99000]::init: failed [3]
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice [HAL] !!! dsp_clear() w/o being inited
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice [ERROR] error in bufmgr_close [invalid blocks found]
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice [HAL] --- Library done ---
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6c99000]::free()
Aug 18 21:41:45 niko kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0x6c99000]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

Delete applehda e hdaenable. delete driver 1.3b. Reinstalled 1.2b. Restart and the PC was blocked at startup. I switched off the PC and I restarted and seems to work.
Attached File  Immagine_1.png   56.75KB   69 downloads
Attached File  Immagine_2.png   38.45KB   74 downloads
Attached File  Immagine_4.png   61.96KB   76 downloads
Attached File  Immagine_5.png   40.77KB   61 downloads

Attached Files

Kugnish

Kugnish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
WOW!!!! It works! =) Thx a lot, i'm nearly happy =)

My bug-list (AMD x64 + KALYWAY 10.5.3 + Audigy + kX 1.0b3 drivers ):

1. After 5 to 15 minutes, sound starts distorting

(it's not only Audigy 2 bug as mentioned in first post)
Sound is clear when OS X just started but distortion grows constantly... and after 10 minutes I can hear only distortion :(

6. Stereo files won't play from Front Center, Rear Left and Rear Right (Please confirm this everyone)

True.
I've configured my 5.1 system but can hear only stereo-sound from iTunes.
Also i can configure output leveling only for channels 1 and 2. Channels #3,4,5,6,7,8 are greyed.

7. Default Multichannel (5.1) settings are wrong for Front Center, Rear Left, Rear Right, and Woofer (Please Confirm)

Settings were wrong in 1.0b2. I cant say something about 1.0b3 cause my reconfigured settings seems been saved some way from 1.0b2.

Also in channel configuration i can hear only "Sssss" sound when i press test button. I think there should be some "normal" sounds, souldn't they?

P.s.: Sorry for my bad eng ^_^

MacUser2525

MacUser2525

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Also in channel configuration i can hear only "Sssss" sound when i press test button. I think there should be some "normal" sounds, souldn't they?

That is called white noise it is what you get when testing the speakers on any machine I have setup so it is normal.

P.s.: Sorry for my bad eng

Perfectly understandable to me.

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
Done 0.3b to upgrade and it works perfectly. On sound blaster audigy 2 value.

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Done 0.3b to upgrade and it works perfectly. On sound blaster audigy 2 value.

I doubt that :( Wait 10 minutes while playing sound and see if you still say that...

You gotta wonder, do Mac Pro users not want decent sound cards? Why were no drivers ever made for PCI cards?

Yep, i thought the same thing. I guess Mac users are used to being USB people and don't mind octopus computers :)

Oh and lastly, I really hope that by the time Eugene finishes almost everyone tries to donate something to them for their work. I know I will.

Just think about it, they have basically fixed the hackintosh and Mac sound problems for the entire world!

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

I doubt that ;) Wait 10 minutes while playing sound and see if you still say that...

unfortunately it after a few minutes you must download the kext and reload otherwise feels badly.

Psygon

Psygon

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Waiting for a more stable driver version, i builded this tool to reset kxaudiodriver.kext every 5 minutes.

People can change timings using Automator application.

You need to put this file into the root folder "/" and run it using Automator running (right-click -> open with -> Automator running)

CYA TO ALL

;)

Attached Files

Psygon

Psygon

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Small correction.. u need to open terminal and use "sudo -s" command, then close the terminal, so the app can work (i'm working to resolve automatic permissions problem)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy