Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Lama, there i don`t have nothing , it`s empty , such no sound card :( Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 SE this is my sound card

only 10k1 and 10k2 based sound cards are supported. kx never support Audigy LS/SE, they don't have DSP

KNOWN ISSUES: (Please Post to confirm these issues)

3. Audigy SE/LS (which is not EMU10K(1 or 2) does not work)

it isn't a issue, it will never be supported because those cards doesn't have dsp chip, Audigy SE/LS = XFI xtreme audio

My remap is stuffing up. I'm getting my Front center channel mapped to my Subwoofer and I have to swap. Also my rear right channel is not working. this is in 4.1 surround configuration which has front left/front right/Rear Left/Rear Right and a Subwoofer. My soundcard is an Audigy 2 Platinum Pro (the one with the external breakout box/remote not the internal drive bay one.)

I had to change my speakers 5,1 setup on my Audigy 2 ZS to:

Subwoofer : 6

Left front : 1

Center: 5

Right front: 2

Left Surround: 3

Right Surround: 4

Don't know if it will contribute for making these already awesome drivers better :moil:

Hey guys.. been following this thread for awhile, and am definately admittidly a 'noobie'.. however could someone please advise as to what you have to do in order to 'reset' the driver?

I actually have both onboard audio, and a soundblaster card.. which works.. but then after 6 or 7 minutes.. goes garbled.. the onboard audio doesn't work at all unfortunately.. but what I do to reset, is just switch to the onboard for a second or two, then back to the soundblaster (AC97 Audio), and it works.

How does one 'automate' this? is there a way? Kind of need a step by step if possible at all.. sorry if these questions seem dumb.

Lenmac

Hey guys.. been following this thread for awhile, and am definately admittidly a 'noobie'.. however could someone please advise as to what you have to do in order to 'reset' the driver?

I actually have both onboard audio, and a soundblaster card.. which works.. but then after 6 or 7 minutes.. goes garbled.. the onboard audio doesn't work at all unfortunately.. but what I do to reset, is just switch to the onboard for a second or two, then back to the soundblaster (AC97 Audio), and it works.

How does one 'automate' this? is there a way? Kind of need a step by step if possible at all.. sorry if these questions seem dumb.

Lenmac

All the present Automated scripts can crash your application (VLC, QuickTime, iTunes etc) because these scripts do not pause either of these applications prior to unloading and reloading .kext files. If you want a crash-proof method, then its all manual (Mentioned in the first page) while don't forget to check out the page 9 of this thread which shows two ways to automate (1 create script yourself and 2 download an app mentioned in that page). Once again, you should be aware that these scripts will most probably crash your media applications.

The best is to wait for stable drivers from Eugene! :P I doubt if anyone is willing to wait so go ahead with above solutions.

LAMA is now Oxtie :(

well one thing that i noticed about the sound is that the treble level is very high, at higher volume it's ubearable, cross it with bass and it's terrible, only way to do something about is to mess with the equalizer in iTunes for example

well one thing that i noticed about the sound is that the treble level is very high, at higher volume it's ubearable, cross it with bass and it's terrible, only way to do something about is to mess with the equalizer in iTunes for example

yes, that is causing the sharpness while some files have SSSsss noise (probably the ones with good beat and drums). Eugene's response indicated some development activity on progress. It is even possible that he succeeded in solving the noise issue while just wanted to wrap up remaining of reported issues.

hi all it's great to find the driver here..

the sound worked fine with me but as u said it's destroying after 15 min but i found a solution which can help some of u guys...

the real player could be a solution by running any kind of mp3 or rm music file with muting the volume or without (it doesn't matter)..

this could be done many times after hearing the destroying volume from the speakers and the sound will be clear again...

SORRY but i have a question: when can we get the update for the driver so we can have an input device and a fully clear sound without any distortion...?????

The current version is in it's alfa stages (just 3rd build) wait for the Final version of this driver.

Think you meant alpha...

You might want to read my previous post and first page with the word "Pizza" (aka $s cauz that surely speeds up :unsure: )

Certainly can't hurt the situation.

I do hope there will be a new driver posted :) Anyone know when Eugene comes back from vacation or wherever he disappeared? ;)

I would be happy if he only released a version that wouldn't require us to reload the drivers from time to time :) Other than that, the drivers work perfect on my setup.

Hey guys..

i need drivers for creative x-fi platinum

Well, yes sir! Right away sir!

What do you think this is a request service? Take some time and read next time the VERY FIRST POST at least. People have responded multiple times that x-fi will not ever exist... (why, go read about it yourself in the linked forum).

Oh, Eugene, thanks for your awesome work! :angel:

Everything works just fine - using Audigy 2 ZS + 1.1b0.

But still i have a question to community - when i am using itunes for listening my music - i do not have 5.1 sound - is there any way i can get it? When i am watching films everything is ok.

After making few comparisons of sound between my built-in chipset (HDA codec C-Media CMI9880) and Audigy2 ZS(from LSPCI: [1102:0004] (rev 04)), I got to say that the driver

still gives too much peak high tones. I know that characteristics of sound that my built-in card gives, are far from being flat, but higher frequencies are realy too dominant in the sound of my Audigy.

Besides that, I've no complains.

Great job! :)

when i am using itunes for listening my music - i do not have 5.1 sound - is there any way i can get it? When i am watching films everything is ok.

Eugene has not yet implemented DSP (which does lot more then just copying Stereo files to other speakers). Please read the First page with information about unimplemented stuff. If you're not aware of certain technical words like DSP, I suggest you search google or search wikipedia (recommended).

There are many unimplemented stuff over there and if its mentioned there, it is part of "To Do" so future driver will slowly get better with all features. Keep checking for updates every few days.