Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Mine is same, now when you click on Configure Speakers, Select 5.1 and (from behind of audio card) swap the wires from Left and Right TO Rear Left and REAR right... and see if works or not :D (oh yes don't forget your favorite restart...lol)

The thing is, this isn't a 5.1 card. I only have a stereo jack for output. No front/rear etc. It's just a basic SB Live Value.

It's great these drivers came out so quick. I hope I don't sound impatient or anything. It's just that I'm also juggling ethernet and speedstep issues at the same time :P

Cross fingers, reboot and it's work on my spec! Thank you so much!!! Only 8 channel output in audiomidiutility and no input -_- I have 2.1 audio speakers. I not tested ext. module and i hope to this will work. What about remote control and front row, guys?

OK I got it at last!

Just selected stereo in speaker setup and set left speaker to channel 3 and right to 4 (in all my frantic clicking I didn't read that you can click on the speaker icon to hear a test sound. duh...). I get sound but it degrades within a couple of minutes. Still, that's a known bug right now. But it works!

Cross fingers, reboot and it's work on my spec! Thank you so much!!! Only 8 channel output in audiomidiutility and no input :( I have 2.1 audio speakers. I not tested ext. module and i hope to this will work. What about remote control and front row, guys?

Dmitrii, try to do what Riley Freeman did :) set Left speaker to chan3 and Right to chan4 while woofer to 6? try other if didn't work :)

OK I got it at last!

Just selected stereo in speaker setup and set left speaker to channel 3 and right to 4 (in all my frantic clicking I didn't read that you can click on the speaker icon to hear a test sound. duh...). I get sound but it degrades within a couple of minutes. Still, that's a known bug right now. But it works!

Ah yes, to save yourselves from Restarts :hysterical: Hagar pointed out a temp solution

OPEN TERMINAL and type the following (which should give you another 10 minutes.... lol)

sudo -s

(password)

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

(if at this point it says "failed" just repeat the command above)

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Sound from all 5.1 speakers after setting in Audio Midi Setup!

I tried changing the channels to direct the sound in the Audio Midi Setup for speakers from the rear to the front

For my Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS the following are the speaker channel mappings

Left Front 3

Right Front 4

Center 5

Left Rear 1

Right Rear 2

Subwoofer 6

Sound from all 5.1 speakers after setting in Audio Midi Setup!

I tried changing the channels to direct the sound in the Audio Midi Setup for speakers from the rear to the front

For my Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS the following are the speaker channel mappings

Left Front 3

Right Front 4

Center 5

Left Rear 1

Right Rear 2

Subwoofer 6

Yup, I've mentioned it at DH's bug report page :hysterical: but the thing is that after you reboot, it will not sound from all speakers (only the rear ones)

Ah yes, to save yourselves from Restarts :hysterical: Hagar pointed out a temp solution

OPEN TERMINAL and type the following (which should give you another 10 minutes.... lol)

sudo -s

(password)

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

(if at this point it says "failed" just repeat the command above)

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext

Thanks. But on further testing it starts degrading after exactly 1 minute, so for now it really can't be used.

Yup, I've mentioned it at DH's bug report page :hysterical: but the thing is that after you reboot, it will not sound from all speakers (only the rear ones)

Works great for me. I actually had to restart to get it all to work.

For Stereo speaker settings I also switched the channels there so now the sound comes from my front speakers WITHOUT having to change my cabling. I also fixed it for MultiChannel 5.1 so it plays the correct channels from each 5.1 speaker.

Front Left 5

Front Right 6

Listening to itunes from my front speakers now, not from back which I assume is correct as this is stereo music and not surround songs.

Thanks. But on further testing it starts degrading after exactly 1 minute, so for now it really can't be used.

Well I don't have your sound card. What I had to do:

First adjust in Audio Midi Setup the settings for the speaker channels. Then restart and at restart I did a -f -v

System sound for Adium came from 5.1 and listening to itunes perfectly right now from 2.1

Ok, just CONFIRMED. I restarted and OS X kept all my speaker settings.

If you are not keeping settings, make sure you restart after adjusting the speaker channels and do a -f -v boot.

Going to leave the music playing to see if sound goes ....

BUG: Sound volume adjustment slider does not work on the apple desktop but does work in iTunes

I've Audigy 2 ZS and OSX does keep the settings (it just doesn't play from front L&R after reboot and continues to play from rear) I've done that channel mapping long back... ;)

Did you do the chanel mapping for both multichannel and stereo tabs in the Midi Utility?

Well, the sound degrades for me. I just stopped itunes and came back to start it 5 minutes later, sound is all garbled coming out :)

;) Known Issue and the workaround also mentioned plenty of times (check my post 1) (also your thread)

Yep, got it.

Also, in first post is it correct that rear speakers only work? The issue is the channels are not properly mapped and I have 5.1 sound for system sounds. In iTunes music is only 2 channel, so it should not be coming out of 5.1 right?

Yep, got it.

Also, in first post is it correct that rear speakers only work? The issue is the channels are not properly mapped and I have 5.1 sound for system sounds. In iTunes music is only 2 channel, so it should not be coming out of 5.1 right?

regardless of audio channels in a file, 2.0 shouldn't be playing from the rear but all (specially after setting up channel mappings in Audio midi.app). if its only happening with me, then I'll remove it off... :) although it is an issue. If you see below 48000 Hz, there are channels and only 1 and 2 are adjustable while "M" and all other channels are grayed and off. (i can assume you don't have this)

Standard CT driver in XP plays 2.0 mp3 in all 5.1 not just front or just rear. From my side, Channel test signal noise comes correctly from all right speakers (ofcourse after remapping each of them). Even in kX for XP, I had to use kX Mixer to get all 5.1 working (thanks to Russ@DH for eplog workaround)

EDIT: Bed time, will be back asap. ;)

Hey Guys,

I tried it with my Audigy4 OEM non Pro and it works! The Card is correctly recognized but the sound is very crispy...The hights in my sound are distortioned and it doesn't really sounds that good...Maybe its getting better with future releases. I'll keep the ball. My bigggest dream is that I can use the digital Output with my Coxial Output. I buyed an adaptor which gives me that outputs. I don't no if its possible but I would love to use my digital outputs with osx!

Good work so far! Keep on rockin' dudes!

WOW ! Just saw the thread by accident, when googling around :blink:

I'm also a member of the suffering Creative-community, having f.e. a Live!-card

has always been a pain in the arse for a system othen than WinXP :blink:

Can't wait to try it out ! THANK YOU !!!

Wish you all peps good luck with this !

Greetings

Mac OS X 10.5.4 (iDeneb v.1) Modbin kernel 9.4.0

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, AMI BIOS v.1023

Intel Pentium 4 HT "Prescott'' 2.8 GHz/FSB 800 MHz/1 MB L2 cache

Intel 875P MCH/Intel ICH5R

Kingston HyperX 2x1 GB DDR 400 MHz

Asus V9999 TD (nVidia GeForce 6800), 128 MB/256 bit, Full CI/QE/QGL

Here are the results on a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital + Creative Inspire 5.1 Sound System :

The driver gets loaded by Mac OS X, alert tunes +iTunes songs + HDTV-rips sound work all,

with the exception for the driver working normally only from time to time ^_^

In just a few minutes, the sound starts "crackling", loading/unloading the driver

doesn't help much. Although one do can configure the sound output and sound redirection,

and that all channels do their work separately, "format"-choice menu is limited to

48 KHz and 8ch-16 bit, which is i think the thingy causing problems to this card specifically.

Might be of course something completely other than this :)

If you do not configure a multichannel audio output, but just a stereo,

5.1 output is still working under movies.

But, what the hell, one can't expect miracles right at the first stage, right ?

The KX group has done something i believe no one has expected,

and even with all the mentioned problems, they do deserve the crown !

I am more than sure this initiative will come to its full success

in the near future and wish the talented developers all the best in their lives and their work.

I find this a GIANT achievement and a very big step forward !

Keep up the good work, support is at hand !

THANX A LOT !

sound_effects.tiff

output.tiff

input.tiff

stereo.tiff

5.1_Multichannel.tiff

audio_devices.tiff