Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Tested on Audigy 4 PRO card, it works very well, the sound quality is great, infortunately the sound gets distorted after 5-10 minutes.

However, awesome work, it sounds very promising :thumbsdown_anim:

Ha ha, you made a joke (pun). Get it, it "sounds" promising :P

I've read people reporting a bug that the front audio is coming out of the rear port (black) and vice versa

This is not a bug

It's a design feature of the original kX drivers for Windows, and has been translated over to OS X, as with most Live/Audigy series cards, the DA converter for the rear outputs is actually better quality that the DAC on the front outputs.

More Info

Well done on releasing a driver that emu should have created about 3 years ago.

This is great news for people wit G5's who will soon be able to buy Emu Soundcards which offer Pro Tools HD192 convertors on the cheap.

Anyway, quick quesiotn. Any midi support in this driver?

I look forward to the time whn this driver has full dsp support etc. I imagine the odd donation would help this guy on his way :D

Thx

Using the original audigy here.. just the distortion after a few mins is the major bug. The audio out of the rear instead of the front is anoyying if you switch between windows

and leopard but is not major.

Can believe the initial driver is out so quickly. Cheers to everyone who as contributed to the cause.

If you use kX for windows then it won't be so annoying :) Just switch the cables of rear speakers, put it in front AND switch cables of front speakers , put it in Read port of sound card...

Why you should do this??? Click here

Yeah i will try that but after a lot of messing about i've only just got it working properly in vista so don't want to mess about just yet.

thanks,

Jan

I've updated the first thread with more issues (I found here by others and myself) Guys, Please confirm the issues mentioned in my first post!

Once the issue is confirmed, it will be in BOLD text and can be a confirmed bug...

Couldn't cron be used to maybe reload the driver every 5 minutes ago? I don't know much about how to go about doing it, but maybe someone where with Linux experience could go about it.

As r00t:

bash-3.2# crontab -l
MAILTO=username
*/2 * * * * /Users/username/refresh_sb.sh
bash-3.2# cat /Users/username/refresh_sb.sh 
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
[ $? -ne 0 ] && /sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
[ $? -ne 0 ] && /sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
bash-3.2# _

I could not use a wait time higher than 2mins to refresh driver, as it gets out of sync in about 140secs. By scheduling this on your cron, you will end up with a 1sec mute each even minute, but hey, for me it is worth: my onboard sound is horrible :unsure:

Great work so far, for me it dies after listening to about two songs (using SB Audigy 2 ZS), and the audio quality is pretty high-end, similar to the crispyness mentioned before. Keep up the hard work, I love dual booting Vista x64 and Leopard x86, will be even better when stable audio arrives, an exciting time for hackintosh users! :)

Finally, working sound!

Two issues: the well-known distortion after 10 minutes or so bug, and I can't get 5.1 surround working. I can choose 5.1 in the Audio Midi Utility and set them up (the white noise plays in all 6 speakers properly when clicking on them) but no 5.1 while playing iTunes, video files, or a DVD. The audio output only allows changes to 1 and 2; M and 3-8 are grayed out.

My card is the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer.

Finally, working sound!

Two issues: the well-known distortion after 10 minutes or so bug, and I can't get 5.1 surround working. I can choose 5.1 in the Audio Midi Utility and set them up (the white noise plays in all 6 speakers properly when clicking on them) but no 5.1 while playing iTunes, video files, or a DVD. The audio output only allows changes to 1 and 2; M and 3-8 are grayed out.

My card is the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer.

As r00t:

bash-3.2# crontab -l
MAILTO=username
*/2 * * * * /Users/username/refresh_sb.sh
bash-3.2# cat /Users/username/refresh_sb.sh 
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/kXAudioDriver.kext 2>&1 > /dev/null
bash-3.2# _

I could not use a wait time higher than 2mins to refresh driver, as it gets out of sync in about 140secs. By scheduling this on your cron, you will end up with a 1sec mute each even minute, but hey, for me it is worth: my onboard sound is horrible :)

thanks for this. :rolleyes:

this should probably be added to the first post :(