Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Well hopfuly this will allow some audigy/x-fi support in mac os. But we wont know what works until we can all go home and try out the new driver lol.

damn, I sold my audigy 2 a long time ago when I got an X-Fi

I hope eventually there will be an x-fi driver, the audio on my board is garbage with OSX. I only get bad sounding 2.1 with generic drivers with no line-in or anything else, if I use taruga drivers then I get line-in but absolutely no bass at all for output.

damn, I sold my audigy 2 a long time ago when I got an X-Fi

I hope eventually there will be an x-fi driver, the audio on my board is garbage with OSX. I only get bad sounding 2.1 with generic drivers with no line-in or anything else, if I use taruga drivers then I get line-in but absolutely no bass at all for output.

X-Fi uses different chip then 10kx so, there are 99% chances that it will NOT be supported by kX drivers.

More information on X-fi is available from DJ_Stick and Eugene himself HERE --> http://www.driverheaven.net/general-discus...aster-x-fi.html

hmmm :) they changed the color of forum from black to blue :)

Look like someone deserves a donation =D

Yup, I was willing to donate earlier, but then "E" mentioned the date, so not willing to get charged by transfer company (WU) twice :) It is also good to donate if others want to, besides how many cool coders are out there? specially who can bring almost all main features of original CT drivers to OS-xxx? :) well, regard-less of donations, E would continue the work as usual but with some "Pizzas" it can be fun and fast :)

You know, I once thought to donate 5$ extra so that Russ (over there) becomes mod :)

Hi,

I have a sound card CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER 5 and MAC OS X 1.5.2 does not recognizes it. How can I get it to work?

Thanks..

Mach In Tosh, please read the first post of this thread (page 1) and check whether your model is listed or not :) If your card is based on Emu10K(1 or 2) then continue to read the first post if not, then it may not be suppored :)

Mach In Tosh, please read the first post of this thread (page 1) and check whether your model is listed or not :) If your card is based on Emu10K(1 or 2) then continue to read the first post if not, then it may not be suppored :wacko:

Wow, you're nice to reply. Posts like the GP annoy me that they are too lazy to even read the thread. It's why I don't come by here as much as I used to, all the annoying lazy users.

I'm sure they'll come out. If anyone can get Creative drivers working in OS X it's these guys. They know the hardware inside-out. The only real obstacle would be CoreAudio.

Right now I have a fully-working Leopard install minus sound because I can't be bothered to enable the onboard chip (and switch the speaker cable between XP and Leo sessions) . I'll just sit in silence until these come along :)

Only 5 days to go until everything's working on my OSX install. The onboard audio may work, but I didn't feel like moving everything to the onboard audio.

Well, we will see if it really is August 14. Given there isn't much in terms of updates on the date, I would be pleasantly surprised if it was really August 14.

It'll be worth the wait anyway. I ended up enabling onboard audio and there's no way I could use this full time. It sounds like {censored}. Same as it did in XP. How can they call this "High Definition" audio when my 8-year old SBLive Value blows it away.

OS X driver released - version 1.0b2

get it from here (don't forget to review 'known issues' and 'unimplemented' stuff):

http://www.driverheaven.net/mac-os-x-driver/

post your comments and bug reports to driverheaven forum please, since I cannot read both forums regularly

--

Lama, please update your topic:

* official site is www.kxproject.com

* E-DSP will only work if you boot OS X after Windows (with kX for Windows installed) - because E-DSP FPGA microcode needs to be loaded, and no such option exists for OS X at the moment

* DELL OEM card will never be supported

E.