Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

Installed the audio driver and my Audigy 2 pci card and th kxAudioDriver 1.2b1 I get sound but I cannot configure my 5.1 audio in Sound Prefrence pane or in Audio Midi setup I doesnt show ant speakers. And in System profiler it shows no audio devices.

AppalAzalia and AppleHDA kests are removed

Running Intel Core i7

iAtkos 5i install upgraded to 10.5.6

Using ANV Voodoo 10.5.6 kernel

Installed the audio driver and my Audigy 2 pci card and th kxAudioDriver 1.2b1 I get sound but I cannot configure my 5.1 audio in Sound Prefrence pane or in Audio Midi setup I doesnt show ant speakers. And in System profiler it shows no audio devices.

AppalAzalia and AppleHDA kests are removed

Running Intel Core i7

iAtkos 5i install upgraded to 10.5.6

Using ANV Voodoo 10.5.6 kernel

Odd. It should be here: Audio Midi setup > Configure Speakers button > 

QT_Audio_Tracks_Interface_Mac.png

All multichannel speakers will not play stereo (2.0) media files unless you (click here)

System profiler will not report audio card however, it reports drivers loaded under Software > Extensions

system_profiler_extensions.jpg

Are We using the same Kext?

post-67982-1239209093_thumb.png

Something doesn't look right here... 

definitely odd, seems like driver got loaded however settings made by installer didn't work right (on your system specifically)

Something doesn't look right here...

definitely odd, seems like driver got loaded however settings made by installer didn't work right (on your system specifically)

Have a way to do a manual install?

I know my way around a terminal.

Have a way to do a manual install?

I know my way around a terminal.

My best guess, "something wrong with your distro :P " because frankly i never saw this type of error. Solution to most of the known problems (the ones people ask here repeatedly) are mentioned in front page, ;) yours seems to be just... "odd"

if you get it solved, let us know (can help others here)

:) Thanks very much for the information here!

No such luck for me. Ive got a Soundblaster Audigy!

Installed the kXAudioDriver from the DMG

Thats all ive done but i dont think i have the AppleHDA or AppalAzalia kexts installed.

System profiler dosent pick up the soundcard and the neither does the MIDI app.

When i try to unload it and load it (the kext), i get an error when unloading. It seems as if its not loaded? When i load it and unload it it works fine. But from a restart i cant unload it!

Any help would be appreaciated :angel:

:( Thanks very much for the information here!

No such luck for me. Ive got a Soundblaster Audigy!

...installed the kXAudioDriver from the DMG

...Any help would be appreaciated  :)

Your previous post indicate you've X-Fi anyhow, you better check compatibility list. If you got Audigy LS/SE (which does not have EMU10k2) then these drivers will not work. If you've got compatible card then there are many reasons whyit fails. (First post @ page1 can give some info which may solve this) 

Your previous post indicate you've X-Fi anyhow, you better check compatibility list. If you got Audigy LS/SE (which does not have EMU10k2) then these drivers will not work. If you've got compatible card then there are many reasons whyit fails. (First post @ page1 can give some info which may solve this)

Hi!

Cheers for the response. Sorry the card i have is an X-Fi but i borrowed my brothers Audigy for the purpose of trying this out! :) How can i figure out which model it is? All i know is that its a Soundblaster Audigy! Ha.. Not to useful :blink:

Hi!

Cheers for the response. Sorry the card i have is an X-Fi but i borrowed my brothers Audigy for the purpose of trying this out! :) How can i figure out which model it is? All i know is that its a Soundblaster Audigy! Ha.. Not to useful :)

Most have a sticker on them with the model number like sb00090 for mine for instance, you could always just put it in the machine install the driver as it does not ask for a model number anyways or if really wanting to know download a Knoppix live CD/DVD it will tell you the model you have when ALSA/udev auto-detects it on boot.

Most have a sticker on them with the model number like sb00090 for mine for instance, you could always just put it in the machine install the driver as it does not ask for a model number anyways or if really wanting to know download a Knoppix live CD/DVD it will tell you the model you have when ALSA/udev auto-detects it on boot.

Whey! Problem solved. He has the SE (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102002).. That would be why it didnt work!

Can you recommend a Creative SB sound card that will work? (£20 or less maybe? I already have an expensive one for use with Windows...)

Thanks for the help anyway!

Whey! Problem solved. He has the SE (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102002).. That would be why it didnt work!

Can you recommend a Creative SB sound card that will work? (£20 or less maybe? I already have an expensive one for use with Windows...)

Thanks for the help anyway!

The model I already mentioned the plain old original Audigy with firewire port on it I got mine for $10 Canadian or if you have the IntelHDA for on-board sound you may want to try the new driver for it at the URL below.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=161638&hl=

Hi all! I've gotten my E-mu 0404 pci card working perfectly, with one exception.

Input doesn't work, so I cannot record anything.

Output works perfectly and Logic Studio works perfectly, I just can't record with a mic or anything.

There are no input devices in the sound configuration.

Anyone know of a solution?, it would be very much appreciated.

Hi all!, I´ve been reading all the posts here for almost a year, and I have a question, I dowloaded the script that reinitializes the driver every 5 minutes. I noticed that the initialization was too long, i mean, like 2 o 3 secs. Also, other thing I noticed is that when on MIDI and audio config, if i click the button with the n chanels and bit depht, the kexts indeed initializes, and with a delay of no more than a second. Is there a way to make a script that "presses" that button (or sends that message to Audio and Midi config) every x minutes?

post-210082-1240322403_thumb.png

All works now! :P Thanks

How can i disable the driver? I just want to try disabling it as after installing it my mouse is getting a bit bugging... every 10-20 seconds the mouse stops for half a second! gets a bit annoying after a bit ;)

Cheers ;)

All works now! :police: Thanks

How can i disable the driver? I just want to try disabling it as after installing it my mouse is getting a bit bugging... every 10-20 seconds the mouse stops for half a second! gets a bit annoying after a bit :)

Cheers :)

That is most likely the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext doing it as I see you have a 8800 series nVidia card installed running 10.5.6 you can either delete/rename it or try installing the attached Disabler.kext which has it blacklisted so it does not load.

Disabler.kext.zip

That is most likely the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext doing it as I see you have a 8800 series nVidia card installed running 10.5.6 you can either delete/rename it or try installing the attached Disabler.kext which has it blacklisted so it does not load.

That worked perfectly thanks! I found out it was something with quicktime/itunes so i quit the... Solved the problem, kind of pointless without itunes for me! Deleting that kext works fine though thanks! :)

What does it do out of intrest?

That worked perfectly thanks! I found out it was something with quicktime/itunes so i quit the... Solved the problem, kind of pointless without itunes for me! Deleting that kext works fine though thanks! :rolleyes:

Something to do with Apple's implementation of Digital Restrictions Management.

That worked perfectly thanks! I found out it was something with quicktime/itunes so i quit the... Solved the problem, kind of pointless without itunes for me! Deleting that kext works fine though thanks! -_-

That worked perfectly thanks! I found out it was something with quicktime/itunes so i quit the... Solved the problem, kind of pointless without itunes for me! Deleting that kext works fine though thanks! :P

That worked perfectly thanks! I found out it was something with quicktime/itunes so i quit the... Solved the problem, kind of pointless without itunes for me! Deleting that kext works fine though thanks! :)

noooo, E has moved to the dark side!!

i hope he finishes the power management so sleep works!

Not necessarily "dark" i would describe it. If you inquire Snow Leo's specs, its mostly 64Bit so any experience dealing with 64Bit processors is a ++ for future OSX too...

hehe, I knew he was using Win more and doing something related...