1 Screenshot

About This File

Enoch

Latest revision of my Chameleon bootloader branch.

Not able to boot AFPS yet....

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

- Installer PKG

- Binaries format (Manual install)

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Chameleon bootloader credits goes to Chameleon Team http://forum.voodooprojects.org

Changelog: http://forge.voodoop...e/changes/HEAD/

This revision of Enoch contain the upcoming FileNVRAM revision 1.1.5 (RC8)

Credits to Micky1979

----------------------------------------

Modulo_FileNVRAM.png

All credits go to meklort and cosmo1t.

FileNVRAM copyright © 2013 xZeneu LLC. FileNVRAM is licensed under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported license.

Please see the license file for details

More Info: xZenue

----------------------------------------

Language Translation:

lang.png

For on-line Chameleon language package resource edit

>> Pootle

Hi all translators,You can help us to translate the Chameleon Project.You need to have gettext utilities installed.You can install them :* With MacPorts or Finkor* With the package http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112112/Chameleon.Dev/gettext-0.18.1.1.dmgYou need to change your ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_profile to add the path to the utilities:# MacPorts Installer: adding an appropriate PATH variable for use with MacPorts.export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.# MacPorts Installer: adding an appropriate MANPATH variable for use with MacPorts.export MANPATH=/opt/local/share/man:$MANPATH# Finished adapting your MANPATH environment variable for use with MacPorts.You must also have a PO editor like Poedit: http://www.poedit.net/download.phpThe files to translate are in package/po directory.Open them with your PO editor and translate.If you want to add a new language copy the package/po/chameleon.pot to po/$lang.po where $lang isthe new language you want to add.Example to add belgian language:# cp package/po/chameleon.pot package/po/be.poNow you can start translating the new po file with your PO editor

Pls translate/complete it.

Link here on InsanelyMac (Italian only): Enoch Bootloader

Enjoy

ErmaC

What's New in Version r2922   See changelog

Released

• kernel patchers updated to boot Catalina (credits to: CrazyBirdy)
  • Added Catalina Icons detection.

Enoch-rev.2922.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Don't know if this is related to chameleon/enoch but with the latest High Sierra supplemental update (Oct 2017) the bootloader errors out on loading with the message "ParseTagDate Implemented". 

Pressing enter allows enoch to continue loading but the bootloader shows "10.13 (UPGRADE)" and the supplemental update still appears in the App store and it never can complete, like it's stuck on the Upgrade mode.

Same here as reported before but in my case, pressing "enter" did not solve anything. Unfortunately, no answer from ErmaC on this.

New version (r2905) fixes the "ParseTagDate Implemented" error.  Unfortunately, still cannot update High Sierra without the help of Clover.  The

Updates download and installs in the App Store, but upon reboot it can never complete the installation and the update re-appears in the App Store.

Booting from a Clover USB boot disk immediately after the first App store reboot reveals a new drive (or partition?) labeled "Install MacOS" on the hard drive.  Selecting this boots into the Apple installer which then allows the update to install successfully.

I don't know much but it seems Chameleon doesn't know about or cannot see the temporary "Install MacOS" created by the Update after the first reboot.

Thanks again for all the hard effort in keeping Enoch updated.  It's greatly appreciated!

New version (r2905) fixes the "ParseTagDate Implemented" error.  Unfortunately, still cannot update High Sierra without the help of Clover.  The

Updates download and installs in the App Store, but upon reboot it can never complete the installation and the update re-appears in the App Store.

Booting from a Clover USB boot disk immediately after the first App store reboot reveals a new drive (or partition?) labeled "Install MacOS" on the hard drive.  Selecting this boots into the Apple installer which then allows the update to install successfully.

I don't know much but it seems Chameleon doesn't know about or cannot see the temporary "Install MacOS" created by the Update after the first reboot.

Thanks again for all the hard effort in keeping Enoch updated.  It's greatly appreciated!

There are 2 main things you have to care about with 10.13:

- 1. make sure that you have the correct firmware features and firmware features mask in your smbios.plist

- 2. also make sure that you patch the OSInstallAttr.plist and minstallconfig.xml inside the 'macOS Install Data' folder to disable APFS conversion.

Hi, after a real mess since I'm not used to Clover, I succeded in installing High Sierra via a Clover pen. Then I used the Clover pen again to reach the macos install partition that I could not see with Enoch and could update. Now thanks to Enoch I can boot it perfectly without Clover. Thanks guys.

Clover is a complicated bootloader. Enoch bootloader is the best for my Rampage MOBO with LGA2011. I love you guys for your great work to keep updating this bootloader and keep our hackintosh alive with High Sierra.  

• Like 1

Just a great feat of progrmming, now my Dell 6400 core 2 duo keeps proper time.   Slight downside, CPU runs one state lower than full speed. 

x-bench 1.3 doing only CPU, Quartz and OPENGL is 170 on Clover 140 on Enoch.  Thank you so much once again.

Hi, how do I convert this clover into enoch please, windows user just learning

Rename the cham boot file to boot2 and press "2" during boot process.

how does enoch fit into this process please? can u explain to a windows person please LOL

edit: where did he get the CLOVER folder from?

Edited by justmex

Where can I find older versions to download?  I need a version in which verbose booting works for El Capitan.   I feel like it's probably right under my nose but I can't see it!  Went to the "source" site but can't seem to access previous builds...

Thank you so much!

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

Thank you so much sir!!!  My searches didn't turn up anything useful and I was working on trying to compile from sources but had begun to receive error build errors...  So, thank you very much!!!

On 6/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, Hervé said:

Thanks

i saw the verbose gone on the new one.

i previously had mountain lion with chameleon

1 hdd, 4 primary Mbr.

1 ntfs xp, 2 ntfs win10, 4 ntfs data, 3 hfs 

I think I had boot0 on mbr

And boot1 on hfs

i forgot how install long time ago.

i think it was manual

now I upgrade to el capitan Mbr. With enoch above.

if I set partition hfs active. And install Enoch to partition 3 hrs

i got boot0:error on booting.

question:

1.is there how to install manually the boot loader ?

2. How to extract boot0, boot1,chain0 from the pkg? Pacifist?

Edited by Babiloe

On July 5, 2018 at 6:06 AM, Hervé said:

Try and re-install the package. If it still does not work, lookup the 4K sector fix.

If you want to extract the various boot files, yes, use Pacifist; look for the i386 folder, all will be inside.

Done.

first install via the pkg for installing all Extra folder.

For install boot1 and boot0 from pacifist extract i386 is tricky.

Instilling from mac hfs directly manual in terminal corrupting the mbr, so i need to reinstall all windows....

i think it should be done in usb installer. boot then go to terminal

unmount the first partition mar and the partition hfs 

diskutil list
<here i now the hdd is disk0>
hfs on disk0s3

<so then...unmount for mbr>
umount /dev/disk0s1

<unmount for partition hfs>
umount /dev/disk0s3

fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s3

<go to disk utility mount again disk0s3>
cp boot /Volumes/<MAC hfs>

I think i need more info on how to saw splashing first enoch info in boot...said about kernel info etc.

how to see that again in terminal?

My ALC269VB is using layout id 12, how to use HDAenabler with enoch?

Can enoch output untouched DSDT SSDT like Clover?

Can enoch patch in the fly like Clover Config....any info for this.

kernel plist, any add on in com.chameleon.boot.plist switch where can i dig info?

You had sandy bridge on Dell...where i can found how to not used nullcpu? 

On 7/5/2018 at 6:06 AM, Hervé said:

Try and re-install the package. If it still does not work, lookup the 4K sector fix.

If you want to extract the various boot files, yes, use Pacifist; look for the i386 folder, all will be inside.

Enoch_Pacifist.thumb.png.035ac4c68db3fb7ed1ce66ac52629d83.png

Herve,,

i think you are the only one master here that use enoch bootloader for sandy bridge.

i saw your guide on dell sandy bridge at OSL site.

Can i ask you regarding the guide? That one is closed thread.

i use kext-dev-mode=1

I have implemented AICPU patched el capitan, works well check using intel app and cinebench. but cant sleep. still querying...

1. you have patched on Extra, and non patched aicpu on SLE, you have kextcached. i cant boot because if no -f, it read the SLE one. right?

2. if i put patched on aicpu patched on sle, it cannot be kextcached. said error 77...

3. enoch can patched kext like clover right ? how? 4. What it is Unable to find the _PrelinkInfoDictionary, kexts patcher skipped.Kexts patcher: end! ?

bootlog : https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/RLkRH8o5/file.html

Would Chameleon Wizard be recommended or not recommended with Enoch?

I ask in specific to smbios.plist generation (currently installer sees macbook 4,1, my SMBIOS.plist is MacBookPro 8,1)

1 minute ago, Hervé said:

No problem using good old Chameleon Wizard with Enoch. Remember that it's a graphics alternative to modifying the config file through a text editor, just as Clover Configurator is an equivalent for Clover. However, CW has not been updated for years (like 4 or 5) so its database will not cater for recent Mac models.

Thanks Hervé , I was wondering if any changes in Enoch would cause conflict, but to be honest I've encountered none so far.

I think my problems lie elsewhere then! I'm only aiming to use 2011,2012 models with my current machine :) 

On 8/30/2018 at 7:28 AM, shantonu said:

Any Possibility that you release for Mojave. Looking forward to seeing that soon. Thanks in advance

First release for Mojave support is out (r2921).

New official release with APFS support is on its way... (beta already available on the forum topic)

35 minutes ago, luky35 said:

When installing Chameleon, I'm stopping it all together

Chameleon

You have lots of ACPI errors on top of your screenshot.

I would suspect the fact that your DSDT.aml is not 100% correct, and this confuses macOS kernel.

...and more importantly, I don't see "DSMOS has arrived" message.

So, simply said, macOS does not find your boot partition.

Edited by MinusZwei

First, Happy New Year there! Then, I feel I'm dumb. I've used Enoch without any problem till now but since I lost my High Sierra USB, I tried to make another one. Well. when I install Enoch and reboot I always end with a boot gpt - Boot done error. I've tried many times, with different USB pens.. I know it's my fault but I can't understand wtf I'm doing wrong.