1 Screenshot

About This File

Clover r5101 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation

1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5101 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5101-X64.iso by double clicking on it.

2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal

sudo diskutil mount disk0s1

3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition

4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file

5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.

What's New in Version r5101   See changelog

Released

Improved Catalina compatibility.  New folder structure for kexts.  Bug and dsdt fixes, improved security.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It didn't take effect on my VMware at all.No Clover boot screen when restarting the VM. I absolutely follow ur tutorial above!!Any suggestions?Thanks!!(VM 14 + macOS 10.13)

@HurricaneX,

Open your VM's vmx file with Wordpad and add the line bios.bootDelay = "3000" - post#5 in my guide.  This will allow you time to press <F2> while the VM starts and access the VMware Boot Manager, where you can add Clover/CLOVERX64.efi as a boot menu entry (or simply choose to boot the EFI Hard Drive entry)...

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

• Like 1

In order to use this, do you have to have a patched version of VMware using Donk's unlocker, or is this intended for booting macOS on an unpatched VMware install?

Tested with unlocked Workstation 12.5 running OSX 10.9 -->10.13 guest in Windows X64 host.

Need Donk's unlocker on non Mac hosts to allow creation of macOS guests.

Hi guys, I used this for a long time to boot Catalina on VMware 15 and now 16, but wanted to test Big Sur (now that its final).

Installation and normal boot on stock Big Sur is fine, but any attempt with clover (updated to v5127) crashes VMware.

Any ideas on this?

Thank you so much for putting this up, stock bootable clover ISO had framebuffer issues, text in verbose mode unreadable (video mode mismatch?). Testing 5101 on Windows, Workstation v16. 

Issue with:

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB.PCI0.P2P0.S22F._STA] (Node ffffff80146ca7b0), AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/psargs-6) 
ACPI Error: [PSTA] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20160930/psargs-463)
  [_STA] @00001 #002D
  No Local Variables are Initialized for method [_STA]

I thought it might be the sound card, so I removed it from my VM's config

BTW: You don't have to add boot delay to VMX file, just go to power menu -> Power on to firmware

Edited by Averyfreeman