Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

Thanks for the Kalyway OSX 10.5.2 first of all! I used to work on Vista previously, but nothing beats the UX that OSX provided me in this short time. Oh yes, I had some hibbi-jibbies during installation which were comfortably overcome courtesy your large community here so thanks again! :thumbsup_anim:

And now with 15 days of a wonderful OSX time, I was suddenly reminded of an important work which was left to be done in Vista and to my shock and trepidation I was unable to log into Vista. Being well versed with basic DOS commands and command line tools I tried my way out but no avail. I then searched on web but could not find this problem addressed anywhere so thought it would be fit to post it in here.

As I mentioned above when I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 I was already using Vista. After, I got Kalyway working I tried booting into Vista and it gave that “winload.exe“ + ”repair“ error screen as expected.

After I put my Vista bootable disk inside, the OS did not show in ”repair OSes list” and I was led on to believe that my mbr needed some fixing. I tried to resolve it by using the “command line tool” and through various commands like “chkdsk /r” and “bootrec /fixmbr and /fixboot”.

At one point of time I even used DiskPart to convert the disk boot table scheme to MBR from GPT (convert mbr), but found that GPT was not initially set at all.

Frustrated, I installed complete Windows Vista again in the hope that it would run from the basic config. But even after doing that, it did not boot after restart. Even after I set its partition to active ( through DiskPart once and even through fdisk the next time).

And now, my problem is, all I get is either the eternally blinking cursor after POST ( that is at the point where usually the OSX menu shows up when OSX’s partition is set to active) OR a message which reads “A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart.” And everything simply stays the same.

I can boot into OSX after fdisking and flagging my partition active, after wasting one more attempt everytime trying to resurrect my semi-dead Vista, but thats a diff thing. I urgently need to get my Vista back and running like it was. Is there anyone who has been through this before or has any idea how to restore Vista to its original state?

Oh and I have done enough important work on OSX ( which is on the same hard drive - partition 4) to ditch it now, so please do not suggest anything which consists of formatting the complete hard drive and start all over again or any similar things. I have tried adding as much detail as I can here but if you still need anything more for resolving it please feel free to ask.

Sorry for such a long first post. Mods can move it to a diff thread/sub forum if they find it off-topic here. Thanks in advance! :censored2:

Edit:

------ Posted in a new Thread (maybe I should have done that already instead of posting it in here) -------

I have install Kalyway 10.5.2 and upgraded to 10.5.5 and working fine except touchscreen and wifi.

Now i am trying to upgrade to 10.5.6 but it is giving me an error indicating AppleACPIPci is not compatible. Been researching here for over a month now and trying all (i think) the guided found in this forum. but still i'm getting negative results.

My notebook is Lenovo X61T Multi-touch/Multi-View.

Yipee!!!! I was able to upgrade 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 by following the Mysticus update procedure.

a/ run Prepare Update

b/ install ComboUpdate10.5.6 (downloaded from Apple site) (do restart)

c/ run Post Update

d/ reboot and viola 10.5.6 :P:D:D

no luck installing on Lenovo M55 8808-CTO machine,

i've tried on my Laptop Lenovo T61 7665-DS2 but wireless and lan are'nt working

one thing i've notice, it doesnt automatic display the USB-Removable Drive in the desktop whe

I plugged in my External USB Hard Drive unlike in Kalyway mac os x 10.5.1

Hi!

Downloaded the iso, did md5 check and is passed. When installing it gives me the following error (it passes the disk check):

Install Failed
The installation could not validate the contents of the "BaseSystem" package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I've a C2D T5600 processor, with Intel GMA945 graphics. More on my hardware on this hardware list.

Thanks!

my only problem is my sound card.. it show that that i have no audio output device.. how should i solve this?

Board: ASUS M2N8-VMX

Audio • Azalia ALC883-GR High Difinition Audio 6-channel CODEC (is this my sound card? :) )

its my first time using a MAC that's why I'm not yet familiar..

and also where can i uninstall programs?

sorry for such inquiry.. thanks..

There should be a kext package for ALC883 (there is also a 6-PORT HD version) in the Hardware and Drivers section of the forums

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=2

As well, if you have audio control on your keyboard, push it up and down. If you see a 'no access' symbol right below a string of small white bars appear on your screen, then you do need an audio kext pack. If you see the white bars only, but no output on your speakers, go to System Preferences (it's the icon with 3 gear sprockets framed in gray and silver on your Dock -- or the 4th submenu under your "Apple Logo" menu on the upper left corner), click on Sound, click on output, and check Line Out, Digital Surround, USB Audio, or Headphones, or whatever you're using.

Mac applications normally don't come with uninstallers. Most often, all you need to do is just go to the folder, drag it to the trash, and empty it.

Good luck, and have fun! ^_^

i installed it on my old hp pc but i can't install it on my hp pc and my custom build

HP Setup

AMD Phenom x4 9550

GeForce 9300Ge

700gb HD

5gb ram

with this setup i only reach the load screen and then it reboots

Custom Build

ASUS P5Q

Intel Core2Duo 2.53ghz

ATI Radeon 4670

500gb HD

4gb ram

with this setup it loads to a point where it says" still waiting for root

for my custom build.

1) ive tried tweak my bios as shown here

http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-...cking-required/

2) i change my sata from ide to achi mode and vice versa

my hp doesnt really have much to tweak in the bios beside this virtualization setting. so i will try that

Hi!

Downloaded the iso, did md5 check and is passed. When installing it gives me the following error (it passes the disk check):

Install Failed
The installation could not validate the contents of the "BaseSystem" package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I've a C2D T5600 processor, with Intel GMA945 graphics. More on my hardware on this hardware list.

Thanks!

Downloaded the torrent again, and burned it at 1x on a new DVD. Installation was ok now ;)

But it keeps rebooting whatever boot option I use.

Downloaded the torrent again, and burned it at 1x on a new DVD. Installation was ok now :)

But it keeps rebooting whatever boot option I use.

Infinite restart? Try changing your choice of kernel.

at the boot prompt, type -v for verbose mode and check the boot log. My guess is that it will say "Starting OSx86" then reboot itself.

Post your detailed hardware specifications in your signature so members can troubleshoot more easily. Click "My Controls" (upper right). Click "Edit My Signature" (left panel of following page).

Hi I'm a total newb and am having trouble booting past the white Apple screen, I have installed added info to boot.ini as well as Chain0 to C:/root. the dual boot works fine, then select Mac OSX and it boots to the white screen with the wait animation runs for 20-30 secs then a dialog pops up saying, "restart now press power button or reset button".

I tried changing drivers and options to no avail, my config below

Asus P5E-VM HDMI

Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB

Intel Core2Quad Q9400 2.67GHz

4GB Corsair extreme2 800MHz

35GB WD Raptor sata<-XP

Seagate 1TB sata<-partitioned for Leopard, no errors installing.

Any help appreciated, tia

EDIT: scraped the Kalyway and installed 10.5.6 running almost perfectly, thanks so much for the help:P

A real noob(oob):

I have downloaded what I hope is a good copy of Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel AMD. I burned a DVD from the downloads which contains the following:

1. Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel AMD file folder ( inside is a Kalyway 10.5.2 image file (3.65 GB), ADD kext DVD file folder, and a Kalyway readme txt file

2. CD boot.pcefi.debug file

3. Boot Help txt file

Not getting a boot, does this sound like the complete package????

motherboard: ga-ep45-ds3l

e4600: CPU

LG GH22ls30 sata: DVD burner

WD7k32m sata2: hard drive (Vista 64 installed)

WD3200KSRTL sata2: hard drive (GUID unallocated)

2Gx2 cors twin2x4096: ram

Palit NE/860ts: Vidio card

!!!Please Help!!!

Firstly, Thank-You Kalyway for all your hard work...

Now strait to my problem, I am sorry for the trouble, but I am absolutely new to the whole idea of putting Mac OSX on my laptop, I have wanted that for a long time now and I think it was just time that I got it kicking properly....

Anyways I have managed to get hold of Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd Image along with the Kexts using the torrent route...

I have burnt the image give in the torrent, onto a DL-DVD using Nero9...

At restarting my computer, i get the Darwin bootloader

after pressing F8, I have tried putting in all the commands possible, ie -v, -s, -x, -F, -y.... kabylkernel etc...

I havent exactlly noticed when it has gone forwards, but usually it comes back to the boot loader and back to "boot:"

Now, for the times its gone ahead.... There is a good amount of loading of HFS+ files...and finally i reach a place where everything stops(essentially a freeze...not sure if this is the famous kernel panic that i have come across so many times over the internet).... Im goin to try n put some pics of the place where this happens...

The last couple of lines reads as follows -

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version:

Darvin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb 26 21:21:24 SCT 2000; Made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

I am prity lost at this, but want to install OSX badly, as I am sick of Vista...

Laptop Model - HP DV6767tx

Processor Info - Name - Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5600

Code Name - Merom

Package - Socket P(478)

Technology - 65nm Core VID - 1.063 V

Specification - Intel Crore 2 Duo T5550 (1.83 GHz)

Family - 6 Model - F Stepping - D

Ext Family - 6 Ext Model - F Revison - M0

Instructions - MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T.

-----------------------------------------------

Some other Info

Intel 965 PM Express Chipset

1.83 GHz , Level 2 cache 2 MB,667 MHz FSB

802.11 a/b/g WLAN

3 GB PC2-5300 DDR2

250 GB Serial ATA, 150 MB/ Sec @5400 RPM

8X SuperMulti LightScribe Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD +RW/ +R Writer

15.4" WideScreen (WXGA) with BrightView Technology

Genuine Windows Vista™

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 256 MB Dedicated Graphics,

Up to 1350 MB TAG* memory (as allocated by Vista), Supports DirectX 10

Integrated Bluetooth 2.0 HP Module

IEEE 802.15 Standard

Integrated 802.11 a/b/g

Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG Network

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

!!!Please Help!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank-You......

post-364122-1232931505_thumb.jpg

post-364122-1232931514_thumb.jpg

i have installed Kalyway 10.5.2, it said installation successful...restarted and went to Windows Vista Directly!

i have even set the Mac partition as active...even then i cant just boot in to Leopard....

The EXACT Same thing happened with iDeneb V1.3 10.5.5 aswell.

This is my System Config:

E8400

Abit IP35E

Seagate 320gb SATA (Vista is installed on this)

WD 6400 AAKS SATA (Installing Mac on this drive)

XFX 9600 GT

Auzentech Xplosion

Please help me in getting leo boot....

im getting the waiting for root device error o.o

My config:

Motherboard: M2A-VM

HD:Maxtor STM3250310AS 250 gb (xp on first partition, 2nd partition unpartitioned)

Dual core, 2.1 ghz, 3gb ra,

please let me know how to get pass this error so i can get to the installer.

thanks!

i have installed Kalyway 10.5.2, it said installation successful...restarted and went to Windows Vista Directly!

i have even set the Mac partition as active...even then i cant just boot in to Leopard....

The EXACT Same thing happened with iDeneb V1.3 10.5.5 aswell.

This is my System Config:

E8400

Abit IP35E

Seagate 320gb SATA (Vista is installed on this)

WD 6400 AAKS SATA (Installing Mac on this drive)

XFX 9600 GT

Auzentech Xplosion

Please help me in getting leo boot....

test to Manually boot, by pressing F8 or F11, check were the manually boot post button is :P

and!

question about this!!

Yipee!!!! I was able to upgrade 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 by following the Mysticus update procedure.

a/ run Prepare Update

c/ run Post Update

d/ reboot and viola 10.5.6 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

how can i upgrade from 10.5.3 to 10.5.6 easiest way?(Kalyway 10.5.2 but upgraded to 10.5.3)

do u know some guides ? searched about the Mysticus update procedure but dident find anything =/

help :D and thanks :)

Infinite restart? Try changing your choice of kernel.

at the boot prompt, type -v for verbose mode and check the boot log. My guess is that it will say "Starting OSx86" then reboot itself.

I have the infinite restart problem as well. trying different Kernels right now, but with iAtKOS 5i I had the same problem.

My set up is:

Dell Dimension 2400

2.53 GHz

1GB Ram

Matrox 4MB video card (old I know, integrated one was giving me problems with the installer, so took this out of a really old computer and it worked...)

80 GB IDE HDD

Booting off of USB

Thanks!

a/ run Prepare Update

c/ run Post Update

d/ reboot and viola 10.5.6 :):):D

Were can I find the Mysticus update procedure?

I'm trying to get from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6

Thanks

Paul

Were can I find the Mysticus update procedure?

I'm trying to get from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6

Thanks

Paul

need help to! tho from 10.5.3 to 10.5.6 !!! (Kalyway 10.5.2 version but upgraded to 10.5.3 with kalyways comboupdate)

need help fast, i'm download iwork and ilife and need to work in it tomorrow =/

thanks!

EDIT-

well i found the right post :D

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1060106

The install dvd could not boot from a DVD unit connected to Jmicron even if this one is correctly handled by system after installation. That's all

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone posted this before but hope this helps. ;)

[http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/jmicron-ide-dvd-ppf-patch-for-kalyway-1052]

There's also another thread that support in booting using JMicron IDE DVD.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=113288

hola Amigos,

tengo problemas para poder instalar osx en algunas computadoras,. comenzare diciendo lo que tengo.

el disco dice:

LEOPARD 10.5.2 AMD EFI (ES EL LABEL DEL DVD)

EL MENU F8 DICE: hd(31,0) Leo4Allv3-10.5.2

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132

no se realmente ni como saber si es kalyway o zephyroth no lo se

ya intente con F8 -s, -v, -x, -F, etc !!!

en varias computadoras y laptop

los 2 errores que consigo son:

1) still waiting for root device

2) el segundo error, carga el (ambiente grafico) gui, con el ballon pero no pasa de alli luego dice

cpu halted, y se apaga el computador.

ya se que el pc tiene que tener ss2 y/o ss3

la toshiba es una A85-s107 satellite,

probe con una acer nueva (reciente) laptop

probe con un pc systemax reciente tambien sin exito

HI THERE I NEED HELP@@@

this is what i have:

LEOPARD 10.5.2 AMD EFI (ES EL LABEL DEL DVD)

THE MENU F8 SAYS: hd(31,0) Leo4Allv3-10.5.2

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132

im not sure if is kalyway or zephyroth i really dont know

i've tried with F8 -s, -v, -x, -F, etc !!!

in some laptops and desktops

i get two different errors in different computers:

1) still waiting for root device

2) the second error is, the GUI appears with the ballon, and then stops and says

cpu halted, and the computer shuts down

i know the cpu requires ss2 and ss3

ltoshiba A85-s107 satellite,

i've tried with Acer (new) laptop

also tried systemax recent desktop without success.

pls!!! help!!!!

sorry the past post was spanish.

post-366539-1233244532_thumb.jpg

Hello

I have two IDE drives.

Hitachi 160Gb (Primary Master) and SAMSUNG 20Gb (Slave)

I was dual booting with Windows XP on Hitachi and Ubuntu on the Samsung disk on some 7Gb (2Gb swap).The rest of the space on the Slave is for my backup and other stuff.

I was happy all these days with GRUB asking me to select one of the OSes to boot from.

But I heard of installing Kalyway Leopard OS 10.5.2 on my computer and thought about trying that.

(My Computer AMD Athlon X2 5000+,ASUS M2N68-AM,NVIDIA 7025PV/630a,IDE drives,SATA DVD Writer)

I cleared some 7Gb(FAT32) on the Slave for Leopard and booted with the Installation DVD.

After booting eventually I went to Disc Utility to partition the Leopard as 'Mac Os Extended Journaled' and it said something like "some error took place" (don't remember exactly).

So I rebooted to find that I am not able to boot since the screen is forever waiting to find Grub stage 1.5

I then popped in SuperGrub disk to fix the boot on Grub,but somehow it couldn't find it.

So i tried fixing the Windows boot..(basically I tried whichever option they have on Supergrub) to activate at least my Windows.

Now I can boot in windows to find that the 20Gb space shows as unformatted free space.

Is all my Data lost?Is my Ubuntu lost too?icon_sad.gif

Please help me guys with this one