Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

kaly

1,087 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install this distro on a dell inspiron 1526 but i'm unsure what options to choose during the customization. Can any one who has been successful on a Dell AMD laptop give me some feed back

dell inspiron 1526

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core TK-57

integrated graphics ATI Mobility Radeon X1270

SATA hard disk 120GB

Well I guess Its working kinda working on the Dell 1526.

I did not choose audio or network drivers. I disable all 3rd party software (I'm sure this is irrelevant). For the ati x1270 i picked the x1000 drivers and the nati. For the patches i choose the ss2 patch and the test 1 & 2 and the last thing.

I should have wrote all this down, anyway for the rest I just made sure I desable all the intel related stuff. I'm probably going to re install and start a tread on this PC.

I have a fully operational system on my computer. Specs are below.

If anyone needs help, just reply :(

Hi, how did you get yours to work? Every time I boot up my laptop(with the kalyway DVD in the drive and booting from drive), it just goes straight to Vista. Help me! I really love Mac/Apple, but I can't afford real ones....

Specs: Dell Studio 1535,4 gigs ram, 250 gig internal HDD with 2 125 Partitions (C: and Macintosh HD D:), I just named it Mac HD for no reason, Mac HD is formatted to NTFS and is completely blank, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premiun 32-Bit SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

If you need more info just tell me what you need, as I desperately want this.

Help from kaly himself would be appreciated as well.

man if you cant even get it to boot up I suggest you really read up before you do anything else.

My dell PCs usually require me to press F12 to bring up the one time boot menu and then you pick CD/DVD (or something to that effect). You should see something like 000000 on the upper left corner of the screen when Darwin starts up then it should say press F8 (hit F8 and then type -v then hit enter), If you do this and it doesn't work then ur probably burning the DVD too fast. I took the long route and burn the iso at 2x, I've had a lot of problems with self booting cds and dvds that I just slow it down every time.

Hi, how did you get yours to work? Every time I boot up my laptop(with the kalyway DVD in the drive and booting from drive), it just goes straight to Vista. Help me! I really love Mac/Apple, but I can't afford real ones....

Specs: Dell Studio 1535,4 gigs ram, 250 gig internal HDD with 2 125 Partitions (C: and Macintosh HD D:), I just named it Mac HD for no reason, Mac HD is formatted to NTFS and is completely blank, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premiun 32-Bit SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

If you need more info just tell me what you need, as I desperately want this.

Help from kaly himself would be appreciated as well.

Your notebook should show the disc's boot screen if you're going to get Kalyway to work at all. Are you sure the disc was burned correctly?

I'm trying to install this distro on a dell inspiron 1526 but i'm unsure what options to choose during the customization. Can any one who has been successful on a Dell AMD laptop give me some feed back

dell inspiron 1526

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core TK-57

integrated graphics ATI Mobility Radeon X1270

SATA hard disk 120GB

See if this works.

DON'T change Kalyway's default configuration. Below are the kexts you should enable based on Kalyway's default configuration:

Graphics_Drivers

X1000Series

NATIT_For_X1000_series

ATIRadeonX1000SeriesGraphics

Enable ALL Networks_Drivers

Enable ALL Mobo_Chipsets

Thirds_Applications

These can be chosen by preference. (I chose kexthelperB7, Iphoto, macam_iusbcam, pacifist, ppfomatic, stuffitExpander, textmate, and xbench. i recommend vlc for watching DVD movies. there are applications for burning discs also, I've never seen them before, but if you want to wait, you can always install one when you get Kalyway running)

Hardcoded_SMBIOS

Lastnetkassmbios should work fine. I havent messed with the SMBIOS patches, but from what I understand, if you want certain programs to function, you will need to choose a SMBIOS patch that is compatible with the frequency of your RAM (for you, it would be AppleSMBIOS-27-667, and possibly all of the mobile ones)

Others PATCHES

Disable Francais_pc_keyboard_layout

Enable TimeMachineFix, PowerManagement_bundle, USBPCGen

AMD_1052_Patches

AMD_1052_Patch_test_1

Well I guess Its working kinda working on the Dell 1526.

I did not choose audio or network drivers. I disable all 3rd party software (I'm sure this is irrelevant). For the ati x1270 i picked the x1000 drivers and the nati. For the patches i choose the ss2 patch and the test 1 & 2 and the last thing.

I should have wrote all this down, anyway for the rest I just made sure I desable all the intel related stuff. I'm probably going to re install and start a tread on this PC.

I would choose the audio and network kexts (kernel extensions), unless you don't want it. You don't need the sse2 patch or the "last thing". Your processor is sse3 and 64-bit enabled. The "last thing" is a workaround to run Kalyway in 32-bit mode. Test 2 shouldn't be necessary unless test 1 doesn't work (which test 1 should since we both share the same processor with the exception of yours being tailored for a notebook at 1.9GHz).

Your notebook should show the disc's boot screen if you're going to get Kalyway to work at all. Are you sure the disc was burned correctly?

Oh yeah... he..he..

I forgot to burn the CONTENTS of the .iso image. :) Thank you for your time anyways.

But I may come back if I have other problems.

After doing all of my customizing, i click install, and then it says calculating time remaining, and the i get "Cannot create /volumes/osx/basesystem.pgg.161usxk1c. (After /osx/, it could be different, my handwriting is bad, but i think you get the gist. I searched this, and got nothing. As you can see, i'm new here. thanks

THANK YOU!!!

hi,

just wanted to check if the fire wire for your system is working fine?

i have already build a hack but there seems to be some issue with my firewire

i wanted to use Final Cut studio which does not work without proper Firewire :-(

i don't mind building a new machine all together

any help would be much appreciated

thanks a lot

Achyutanand

After doing all of my customizing, i click install, and then it says calculating time remaining, and the i get "Cannot create /volumes/osx/basesystem.pgg.161usxk1c. (After /osx/, it could be different, my handwriting is bad, but i think you get the gist. I searched this, and got nothing. As you can see, i'm new here. thanks

Did you format the HDD to a GUID or MBR?

Hi,

I just downloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD and burned it twice but every time I boot the DVD i got stuck here:

pc200013sy4.th.jpg

My laptop spces:

xyzfm7.th.png

Thank you

I just burned into a DVD a new downloaded image of Kalyway DVD. I confirmed the md5. I still have the same problem

I tested in all modes, I got stuck all the time.

I Got a Asus m50vn.

I guess I was one of the success stories, I have a almost fully working ( no internet ) Mac-PC.

I used like three different guides for installing this but the one I found most helpful was this one:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/20/macosx_on_a_pc/

It does not show all possible problems that can go wrong, but it explains every step.

I STRONGLY suggest going to more than one site before attempting this. Also READ the comments left by other people, you might come across the same problem as someone else.

I may be of some assistance, so if you post here I may be of some help. I installed 4 times before I got successfully installed, but that was because of stupid mistakes.

By the way, does anyone else think that the AMD people have better luck with the install?

( I installed using AMD and It works great!!! )

PLEASE HELP!

Edit: Ok, I got it started and got to the installer. I bought an external hard drive (320GB Western Digital) to install this on so I don't mess up my original hard drive, but when I go to disk utilities in installer, I doesn't show up. Is this because it is connected thru a USB port? If this is the case, how else can I connect it? PLEASE HELP!!

System:

Processor BrandIntel®

Processor PlatformIntel® Centrino®

ProcessorIntel® Core™2 Duo Mobile

Processor Speed2.0GHz

Display TypeWXGA TFT-LCD widescreen with TruBrite technology (1280 x 800)

Screen Size15.4"

System Bus800MHz

Cache Memory2MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM)4GB

Type of Memory (RAM)PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM

Hard Drive TypeSerial ATA (5400 rpm)

Hard Drive Size320GB

Optical DriveDouble-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW

Optical Drive Speeds8x DVD+R DL; 6x DVD-R DL; 8x8x8 DVD+RW; 8x6x8 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 24x16x24 CD-RW

Direct-Disc LabelingYes

Digital Media Reader or SlotsYes, digital media card reader

GraphicsATI Mobility RADEON HD 3470

Video Memory256MB discrete and up to 1790MB dynamically allocated memory (2046MB total)

Personal Video Recorder (PVR)No

TV TunerNo

MPEGYes

Built-in WebcamYes

Modem56 Kbps*

*Capable of receiving 56 Kbps downloads. However, current regulations limit download speed to 53 Kbps.

NetworkingBuilt-in 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless NetworkingWireless-A+B+G+N

Bluetooth-EnabledNo

S-Video Outputs1

Additional Audio/Video ConnectorsHDMI

AudioHarman/Kardon

SpeakersBuilt-in

PCMCIA Slots1 ExpressCard/34/54

USB 2.0 Ports3

IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports1

Parallel PortsNone

Serial PortsNone

Game PortsNone

Laptop WeightStandard (more than 5.5 lbs.)

Battery TypeLithium-ion

Pointing DeviceTouchpad

Operating SystemWindows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1

Kalyway, you are a pc/mac GOD.

I am using a Dell precision 390 w/1 gig ram, and a 160 gig Seagate harddrive. I loaded

the software and followed the directions, and all went well. I now have a great looking

and super fast Dell Mac hybrid. Starts up into leopard i about 15 seconds.

Only 2 Issues.

1. The software doesn't recognize my built in sound chipset. I got around this by by using

a Griffin I-mic puck that I no longer needed. Now the sound works great- no extra drivers needed.

2.I cant get the software to recognize the on board ethernet, nor does it recognize either of the

2 usb dongles that I have. One is a Linksys USB200M Compact USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapter

and the other is a trendnet USB to 10/100Mbps Adapter TU-ET100C (Version v3.x)

that also doesn't work. Does anybody have any suggestions.....I would appreciate it

thanks

PLEASE HELP!

Edit: Ok, I got it started and got to the installer. I bought an external hard drive (320GB Western Digital) to install this on so I don't mess up my original hard drive, but when I go to disk utilities in installer, I doesn't show up. Is this because it is connected thru a USB port? If this is the case, how else can I connect it? PLEASE HELP!!

System:

Processor BrandIntel®

Processor PlatformIntel® Centrino®

ProcessorIntel® Core™2 Duo Mobile

Processor Speed2.0GHz

Display TypeWXGA TFT-LCD widescreen with TruBrite technology (1280 x 800)

Screen Size15.4"

System Bus800MHz

Cache Memory2MB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM)4GB

Type of Memory (RAM)PC6400 DDR2 SDRAM

Hard Drive TypeSerial ATA (5400 rpm)

Hard Drive Size320GB

Optical DriveDouble-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW

Optical Drive Speeds8x DVD+R DL; 6x DVD-R DL; 8x8x8 DVD+RW; 8x6x8 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 24x16x24 CD-RW

Direct-Disc LabelingYes

Digital Media Reader or SlotsYes, digital media card reader

GraphicsATI Mobility RADEON HD 3470

Video Memory256MB discrete and up to 1790MB dynamically allocated memory (2046MB total)

Personal Video Recorder (PVR)No

TV TunerNo

MPEGYes

Built-in WebcamYes

Modem56 Kbps*

*Capable of receiving 56 Kbps downloads. However, current regulations limit download speed to 53 Kbps.

NetworkingBuilt-in 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless NetworkingWireless-A+B+G+N

Bluetooth-EnabledNo

S-Video Outputs1

Additional Audio/Video ConnectorsHDMI

AudioHarman/Kardon

SpeakersBuilt-in

PCMCIA Slots1 ExpressCard/34/54

USB 2.0 Ports3

IEEE 1394 FireWire Ports1

Parallel PortsNone

Serial PortsNone

Game PortsNone

Laptop WeightStandard (more than 5.5 lbs.)

Battery TypeLithium-ion

Pointing DeviceTouchpad

Operating SystemWindows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1

Kalyway, you are a pc/mac GOD.

I am using a Dell precision 390 w/1 gig ram, and a 160 gig Seagate harddrive. I loaded

the software and followed the directions, and all went well. I now have a great looking

and super fast Dell Mac hybrid. Starts up into leopard i about 15 seconds.

Only 2 Issues.

1. The software doesn't recognize my built in sound chipset. I got around this by by using

a Griffin I-mic puck that I no longer needed. Now the sound works great- no extra drivers needed.

2.I cant get the software to recognize the on board ethernet, nor does it recognize either of the

2 usb dongles that I have. One is a Linksys USB200M Compact USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapter

and the other is a trendnet USB to 10/100Mbps Adapter TU-ET100C (Version v3.x)

that also doesn't work. Does anybody have any suggestions.....I would appreciate it

thanks

oops, I am a dork......I turned of the internal nic setup and plugged in the linksys usb to ethernet dongle and voila, i have instant internet. Ya gotta love it....it's INSANE...... I am a happpppy camper

Hi all. I've installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Samsung Q310 FS01 (PM45\ICH9M\P7350 2 Ghz\9200M GS). After installation system stops at "do you have an own mac?" window and runs from the beginning ('Welcome' movie). The same i see in safe mode. Any ideas?