Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

Are you using a patched kernel or vanilla kernel?

Anyway, if you have a dual boot or an access to your disk (you can use a Linux LiveCD or Singleuser boot), try to check if AppleACPIPlatform.kext is in your Extensions folders (System/Library/Extensions/)

If not, copy the backuped one's (/DellLaptops/Backup/) in extensions folder, and reboot.

Thanks a lot! It works, my AppleACPI...kext was disapeared.

But now my touchpad is unusable. I've deleted FFscroll but same problem after...

Did you install it on external disk or do you have 2 leo's systems?

About 2 fingers, just read installer's instructions: Vostros are actually not supported!

Lol, firstly i tryed to backup using linux but I can't write on the MacOsX partition.

Then I used pcwiz VM Leopard, I added physical drive where I have Leopard in VmWare to do that and it works (why not?).

Secondly, I know that it was not for Vostro but I've test :unsure: , this is my fault but it might exist a solution to turn back no?

Thanks.

I just wanted to know if you Leopard's system partition is on external HD, and/or if you have one installed on internal HD.

to unintall:

Uninstalling

To revert back to regular trackpad\keyboard:

go into terminal, and type:

sudo -s

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

Now use kext Helper to install the backed up ApplePS2Controller.kext. Reboot and you should be back to normal. Note: if you dont reinstall this kext correctly, you will be without keyboard and trackpad and you will have to use an external mouse\keyboard to fix the problem. (In my case, all I had was a BT mouse, so I had to download an onscreen keyboard to enter my password in kext helper )

Same thing happened to me as well with M1530, my AppleACPIPlatform.kext was deleted. The installation was new from iAtkos 1.0iR2 DVD. I used MacDrive to put it in and boot system with -f to solve it.

It is pretty dangerous for a newbie to use the installer with this problem.

For sure it is, but i don't understand why, sometimes, installer don't simply want to copy the new kext.

However i've uploaded a fixed(?) one and update informations in installer and Readme (but noobs seem's to not read it...)

Hope it will be fix.

Installed the package. I have an XPS m1710 laptop.

Graphic drivers works good. I installed before 0.2.1, any reason why an older version? (0.2.0b)

Still have problem with display sleep, screen won't turn on after it shut down, I think it because of the nvinject because it was doing this before (not your fault).

I still have intermitent shutdown problem, the sleep on lid patch work, and display turn on on wake.

The sound drivers, well I installed the generic 9200, but after reboot it was locked muted. Installed it again and it worked. Can't certified if it was my own error because it was very late night and I was sleepy.

2 fingers worked badly, I need to recheck again. Did not install much of the others because I know it won't work with my Laptop.

I like these packages, they reduce greatly the reinstall time instead of coding the way through terminal. Keep the good work :thumbsup_anim:

Graphic drivers works good. I installed before 0.2.1, any reason why an older version? (0.2.0b)

Cause this one prevent colour banding issue on laptops.

2 fingers worked badly, I need to recheck again. Did not install much of the others because I know it won't work with my Laptop.

You have to edit your own values to get it work properly. Check the link in the Readme, and this post for details:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=733377

Hey guys

I have Dell XPS 1210 and was wondering if anyone can help me to find exact model of my sound card?

The thing is whenever I had Vista, I went to dell drivers and it said that I have Sigmatel 92XX but didn't specify what

are the last two number. I have tried a lot of drivers and HDA and patches but can't get my sound to work

I have tried 9200, 9221, 9222.

When I used to have 10.5.1 I used 9221 patch and it worked great, but now I have 10.5.2 and it doesn't work.

Oh and also anyone got the 1-finger scrolling to work? I tried to get it to work, but if I have scrolling working, my mouse pointer

won't move, and I have tried a lot of different values, still no luck. btw I have synaptics touchpad...

Oh and one more question, when I turn on my laptop, after the apple logo, I see a lot of lines and like 1/4 of the screen is black, while

the other part is with lots of colored lines, that's before I get to my desktop, and all resolutions work fine. Is that normal? I mean those

vertical colored lines, lol

Thanks for the help. :P

here is what it gave me for the audio

Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

Edit: Found out that I have Sigmatel 9220 <- that's what bios showed me...

I tried Sigmatel 9220 drivers, still can't get audio to work

It says unsupported codec... what could that be?

I think I isolated the shutdown problem.

I think it when they are coupled with the nVidia 7xxx 512mb and the Sigmatel 9200 generic drivers.

I installed the nvidia drivers first, then shut downed the OSX 1-2 times, no problems.

I install then the 9200 drivers, can't shut down.

reinstall OS.

Installed the 9200 drivers, shut downed a couple of times, no problems.

then installed the nVidia drivers, reboot, and once rebooted I shut down... fail to shut down.

Rebooting is fine. Just the shutdown process is broken. I tried it coupled with the 0.2.1, same thing.

I believe I haven't noticed it before. But since your package accelerated things from my end, I was

able to spot problems faster.

EDIT: it appear that it is a problem with the Taruga HDA patcher:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=675194

Looks, like there's no solution to this yet, bummer.

Guest sanoukee

I have a Dell M1530 T5450 laptop. Tried out the package and installed the following:

Nvidia 8xxx

Sigmatel 9228

Macdotnub AppleSMBIOS

Media Keys Enabler

2 Finger Scrolling

Followed the readme with the 2 finger scrolling, because it was super slow after installing it and adjusted the zacceptthreshhold to 120 and increased the speedscale to 500 in the Synaptics section of the config file.

Haven't tested out to see if the Media Keys Enabler did anything since I don't have any mp3s on the machine yet to test out itunes.

Seems the SMBios worked fine. I can go into the system info settings and it displays more information than before.

Nvidia 8xxx seems to work fine, I can increase my resolution higher than before.

Sound did not work after installing the Sigmatel 9228 portion. Manually went to http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-index.php and downloaded the kexts and followed the kexts guide and sound worked.

Problem so far is, before doing this update I was able to restart the machine. But now when I choose restart, it goes to a black screen and hangs without restarting. :)

Problem so far is, before doing this update I was able to restart the machine. But now when I choose restart, it goes to a black screen and hangs without restarting.

Do you mean after installing Sound update or the installer?

Guest sanoukee
Do you mean after installing Sound update or the installer?

The shutting down problem happened after using the installer, after I checked these options.

Nvidia 8xxx

Sigmatel 9228

Macdotnub AppleSMBIOS

Media Keys Enabler

2 Finger Scrolling

Then I went about doing the 2 finger and sound fixes as I mentioned in my earlier post. Oh I forgot to mention that I installed OS X through Kalyway's 10.5.2 Leopard DVD.

That is because the NVIDIA kexts prevents somehow proper restart or shutdown no these laptops, if you get rid of the NVIDIA kexts you can have propper shutdown/restart (although no QE/CI).

It is explained in my guide btw.

Hey all.

I installed the 2 finger pluggin for my XPS 1530 laptop and now my pad is soooooooooooooooo slow and unresponsive. I seen in another post here that happend but I dont know how to uninstall the FFScroll Daemon.

Could you post the steps for me to uninstall the 2 finger addon?

Thanks ;)

Guest sanoukee
Hey all.

I installed the 2 finger pluggin for my XPS 1530 laptop and now my pad is soooooooooooooooo slow and unresponsive. I seen in another post here that happend but I dont know how to uninstall the FFScroll Daemon.

Could you post the steps for me to uninstall the 2 finger addon?

Ya, mine was super slow too and did constant scrolling when I tried to move the mouse. Go here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88811 and follow his steps to have 2 touch and fix the scroll issue. You can just follow his step 6 and go straight to his Tweaking the Settings part. In com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist I set my zacceptthreshhold to 120 and my speedscale to 500 in the Synaptics section (not the alps).

could a script of an unload of nvdaresman.kext on shutdown help reboot/shutdown?

Did you try itmanually?

I don't think that NVDaresman and other Nvidia kexts could be unloaded.

even some USB kexts are not unloadables once are loaded.

I think you can, with terminal typing "sudo kextunload".

But to unload a kext you must be logged as root.

With script editor, maybe you can compil something like that:

on unload_kext()
do shell script "kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/yourkext.kext" with administrator privileges
return 1
end unload_kext

But you will get a black screen before shutdown i think... Try to include it in a shutdown script.

I tried it, got black screen, then I access remotely with ssh and wrote "reboot", the system hangs exactly as it has NVDAResman loaded, maybe need to unload other kexts, but that whats supposedly do the shutdown/restart. so onece they are loaded no matter if you unload them shutdown/reboot wont work.

I tried it, got black screen, then I access remotely with ssh and wrote "reboot", the system hangs exactly as it has NVDAResman loaded, maybe need to unload other kexts, but that whats supposedly do the shutdown/restart. so onece they are loaded no matter if you unload them shutdown/reboot wont work.

As I said guys, maybe you should check out on the sound kexts side. I have the same issue, but only when the nVidia and the sound update are applied togeter. When I install the nvidia the shutdown is fine, when I install the sound update, the shutdown is bad. When I only install sound first, no shutdown problem, then next I install the nvidia drivers, shutdown problems again...