OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

I left it for 45 minutes, still didn't boot up...

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Skt 939)

DFI Ulrat-Infinity nF4

1024 MB RAM (2x 512)

I just dont get why it aint bootin' up... :angry:

EDIT: Do you think it's becuase I made the ISO undr a 10.4.1 environment?

No, I'm also having problems booting on AMD Athlon 64 !

It seems the Darwin bootloader doesn't support the hardware... also the install broke on 'installing regional boot' following Maxxuss instructions.... Very STRANGE!!

No, I'm also having problems booting on AMD Athlon 64 !

It seems the Darwin bootloader doesn't support the hardware... also the install broke on 'installing regional boot' following Maxxuss instructions.... Very STRANGE!!

Did you get the patch from a piratish bay? :angry:

what happens when you install from a 10.4.3 system using maxxuss directions ?

Is that directed at me? If so, I don't have a 10.4.3 system, only 10.4.1... I would of had this installed years ago if I had 10.4.3 :angry:

EDIT: Also, if you and me got it from the same place, and it isn't working for us, can anyone reveal where they got their's from? (obviosuly don't link to it, just give me a hint or something...)

I built the iso using the intel files (because I have an intel processor), but after burning the image to dvd, and trying to boot from it, I get a message about the Darwin bootloader doesn't support the hardware...

Has anyone tried switching some files that it uses to create the Bootable DVD with Maxxuss's 10.4.4 patches and got it working? What exactly did you switch out/do?

Edit: I didn't get it from TPB, I got the files off someone on these boards who posted a temperary way to d/l them. Though where he got them from, I don't know.

The DVD will not be bootable if your main tiger volume has a space in its name (spared a DVD because of that).

The patcher works flawlessly (just check the script if you have basic knowledge and suspect a hoax).

The installation (the boot) takes a lot of time and puts up a lot of work on the DVD drive because of the bad layout of the DVD (it's created by simply copying the files from the DMG). The installation itself works like a charm.

I've got shadow under the cursor in installation stage, but nothing in the booted system (ATI X600).

Also, it seems that some other IOFrameBuffer tries to load. Check this:

isplay: family specific matching fails
display: family specific matching fails
Matching service count = 0
Matching service count = 2
display: family specific matching failsdisplay: family specific matching fails

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1
Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200
display: family specific matching failsdisplay: match category IOFramebuffer exists

display: match category IOFramebuffer exists
Intel82557: Ethernet address 00:11:11:57:99:58
display: vram [d0000000:10000000]
display: Not usable

These messages are different from 10.4.3. To be more precise, the "IOFramebuffer exists" is new. Maybe another IOFramebuffer provider tries to load.

The DVD will not be bootable if your main tiger volume has a space in its name (spared a DVD because of that).

The patcher works flawlessly (just check the script if you have basic knowledge and suspect a hoax).

The installation (the boot) takes a lot of time and puts up a lot of work on the DVD drive because of the bad layout of the DVD (it's created by simply copying the files from the DMG). The installation itself works like a charm.

I have two HDD's connected... Should I unplug the Windows one, and leave the tiger volume as the only connected drive?

I've got shadow under the cursor in installation stage, but nothing in the booted system (ATI X600).

Also, it seems that some other IOFrameBuffer tries to load. Check this:

The patch ran ok, but then I created the iso and burn it. It fails to boot however, my main osx volume has no spaces, but I'm on AMD Athlon 64.

Save yourself the trouble if you are on AMD... this DOESNOT work ! :angry:

Everyone who is getting darwin doesn't support your hardware... are you using a SSE3 cpu or justa SSE2 cpu? The dvd might not patch the SSE3 checker.

script works here:

i installed it on a prescott with sse3/nx/pae and it installed 10.4.4 native, but i got the unsupported HW message on my northwood sse 2 only machine. i am changing the kernel with the one patched for sse3 emulation and burning the disc right now..

I'm not sure if it is the kernel... I was under the impression that the disk checks for sse3 cpu before loading the installer... There was a patch that skipped this check. It might be that this patch doesn't patch that part of it... so everyone using sse2 only cpus will get an error (Darwin Does not support this hardware).

This is only a theory... I have not fully tested it. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I have the following questions.

1. Does it support ATI cards better, i.e. play WoW or superbreak out natively?

2. Which autopatcher are we talking about and hashes please, Maxxuss or TPB one?

3. Which image are we talking about, basic untouched restore disk, the partition one, or the TPB patched dvd?

4. With a Presler core 945G set up things should run without a hitch?

Please quote me if you can answer these with certainty.

Be patient. I'm on. I let you know.

Because Maxxuss is out for the moment and he used to rely on JaS from Win2osx for PPF but the site is out too!

Greetings,

You will not be able to make a PPF for this that will be functional as the PPF size will be the equivilant of the DVD size itself, the best you will see will be a seeded ISO/IMG file.

Regards,

{censored}-x

the patch works... with a help from "philter" , create the DVD and clean install to my sse2 lappy.... after install some kext are not properly installed as earlier report... its a minor... thanks

edit: got the ac97 audio works not not the ps2 kb and trackpad... any directions here???? help needed

Edited by i1sam

yeap. a ppf after the patcher is impossible. it simply copies ALL the files from the original restore dvd to a new, blank disc image so, everything is on a different place in the disk, that meaning almost every byte of the dvd will differ.

THIS IS THE --PATCHED/GENERIC-- OS X 10.4.4 DVD. IT IS --NOT-- THE 10.4.4 RESTORE DVD

Source : Demonoid

The PPF I was thinking about was for that one which is being downloaded right now by 1301 people.

Maxxuss said that for further solutions after 1.0 a PPF patch is waited...

You see the difference?

The proof : read on Maxxuss blog (new) =

"Next on the agenda are the iTunes issues with AMD CPUs and a more convenient 10.4.4/10.4.5 installation, probably by patching the Restore DVD."

Im working on my thesis degree and i just CAN'T focus on it! because of all these exciting news :P

Ive spent hours and hours expecting for downloads and last news about installing macosx10.4.4 (on my sister's laptop by now, cause i cannot touch mine, hehe).

pc specs:

dell inspiron 6000d (dedicated graphics - x300)

pentium m 760 (2ghz) (just sse2)

1gb ram

80gb hdd ultra ata

well, thats what i did:

i got macosx10.4.4 restore image ( a ) and dvd patcher ( b ), both of them via torrent from TPB

( also got patched boot files from M******s ( c ) )

changed boot files at /i386 in ( b ) for the ones in ( c ) (cause they are supposed to skip sse3 check)

md5sum of mach_kernel file in ( b ) matches with the one provided in ( c ), what means that ( b )'s kernel has all Ms' patches applied. (no problem with it, sse3 emulation should be ok)

copied ( a ) and ( b ) (with the patched boot files, as i said) on my mac10.4.1 working system, then i ran patching script, following instructions provided in it and got an 4.3gb .iso image, which i burned.

i restarted the system with the patched dvd in my dvd drive, booted from the dvd and selected "-v" option to see what happen during pre-installation.

after 10 minutes i got on the installation screen.

once at installation screen, i ran disk utility to partition my disk: one 14gb partition for mac10.4.4 (and about 60gb of unallocated space, in which i plan to install winXP)

after this, steps are similar to 10.4.1 installation.

at the customizing screen (when you choose what applications you want to install, the installer warnings you about having a 2nd dvd for installing additional applications.., which, by the way, im waiting for it to be torrented, hehe)

i almost forget it, you can choose what language you wan to use (thats a difference comparing to 10.4.1, spanish is supported!)

(if you want, you can uncheck all languages that youre sure you wont use)

when prompted for "Mac OS X Install Disc 2", my touchpad didnt work, so i had to connect an usb mouse. anyway, i couldnt click cancel (cause that option wasnt activated)

the only thing i could do was restarting the system... (agrrrr... turned off the pc, booted from dvd and start over again!)

(i didnt try booting from hdd... anyway i couldnt feel good until viewing a screen saying "Installation finished" with my dvd in my drive!! hehe)

well, after 20 min im here again now (advise: DONT select optional applications cause definitively they ARE NOT in Disc1!, otherwise youll get stuck)

after that, you must wait about 20 minutes for installation to complete....

i restarted and got errors about audio and ps2 kexts... ill try to solve it when i have time for working on it.

after a new reboot (dvd not in drive) system gets error "b0 error"...

??? any ideas???

after all, i cannot boot mac if i dont insert dvd installer, otherwise, i get "b0 error" and the system get stuck after 1 sec since restarted. agrrr!!! :angry:

i cannot solve it by now, cause i have a lot of others things to do... (oh my.... my thesis degree!! hehe)

( by the way, my pc specs are just the same than my sister's laptop, so i hope problems to be solved when i install it on mine,

and maybe, i could get disc2 then :) )

Good luck for all of yours!

Hope what i said be useful for someone.

(excuse my english, just hope everything i wrote make sense :P)

You will be told before proceeding that the installation will require 2 DVDs. If you uncheck enough things (basically all applications after and including Photo Booth, I believe), then it only needs the one.

MOST installers are keyboard friendly. If you press TAB, a "blue glow" will surround various buttons and controls. Some controls, like lists, when having a glowing outline, accept arrow keys and spacebar to check and uncheck.

In general, if a control has a blue glow surrounding it, pressing the spacebar clicks it.

Any control that is SOLID blue you usually can activate by pressing ENTER or RETURN.

b0 error seems to be some CPU problem, but I don't know for sure.

Hi

I mananged to run the scrip, and burn the ISO, but I get the "this hardware not supported by darwin" error

I understand this is because my AMD is SSE2 and is failing the SSE3 check

I further understand that the work arround is replacing files in the i386 folder with others that were released by maxus...

What I need to know is, which files do I replace, and which files do I replace them with. Also, where do I find these replacement files now that maxus is down?

Thanks in advance for the quick replies!